Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
That's certainly one way to spread an infection.

The teen, who traveled to California from New Zealand, went to the theme parks on Aug. 12, according to the Orange County Health Care Agency. She also may have exposed people at the adjacent Desert Palms hotel, 631 W. Katella Ave., where she apparently stayed from Aug. 11-15.

The Health Care Agency "has been working with the facilities listed above to reach people who had known close contact with this case," according to OCHCA.

Anyone who may have been at the parks or at the hotel on the dates in question was urged to monitor themselves for fever and/or unexplained rash, which could develop as long as 21 days after exposure. Anyone who develops symptoms was urged to stay at home and contact a health care provider.

Disneyland was the site of a measles outbreak that began in December 2014 and resulted in 125 measles cases in various states including California, Arizona, Colorado, Nebraska, Oregon, Utah and Washington. There were also cases in Mexico and Canada that were tied to the exposure at the theme park in Anaheim.

Source:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The girl's parents need to be held accountable.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was there on the 11th

phew

Desert Palms hotel, 631 W. Katella Ave., where she apparently stayed from Aug. 11-15.

I didn't go anywhere near that hotel but now I'm paranoid

Don't take your measles kids to theme parks

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Even my home country of Colombia requires you to provide proof of vaccination to enter certain areas (like I think Tayrona) of the country. Why the fuck doesn't the US require proof of vaccination for someone to do something like this? My god this is dangerous. People bring their 6-12 month babies in strollers to Disneyland!

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how these places even find out that a person has measles? Amusement parks, sports parks, I don't see why a parent would just be like "btw, my kid has measles". As for this case with being from another country, I wish there was a way to keep people from flying when they contract something.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's not the first time Disneyland's been slapped with measles exposure.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how these places even find out that a person has measles? Amusement parks, sports parks, I don't see why a parent would just be like "btw, my kid has measles". As for this case with being from another country, I wish there was a way to keep people from flying when they contract something.
Person gets sick, goes to doctors, doctors inform the state, state investigators reach out to all affected businesses/locations.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Person gets sick, goes to doctors, doctors inform the state, state investigators reach out to all affected businesses/locations.

I guess this is a HIPAA exception (or the NZ equivalent), then, but I'm surprised this isn't enough to temporarily put someone on a no-fly list.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Forcibly give her a vaccination, charge the parents with a hefty fee for putting people at risk, and send em back.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The girl's parents need to be held accountable.

Forcibly give her a vaccination, charge the parents with a hefty fee for putting people at risk, and send em back.

The NBC article doesn't say anything about her parents, symptoms or timeline. For all we know she may have caught measles at LAX from a Goop subscriber.

You can also still potentially get measles even if you've been vaccinated. It's 93% effective but it is not infallible.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if there was a topic on this too, but sidenote that there was also a warning going out for people at EVO this year in Vegas -_- Really feels like the ending of Rise of the Planet of the Apes...

Cruets

Nov 1, 2017
Disneyland should check people's immunization records at the security check point heh

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
We need to stop giving visas to the people coming in from these disease-ridde-- huh, what's that? She's white? Oh, OK, everything's fine. What's a few measles viruses between friends anyway

potato

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain this to me? If I'm vaccinated I have nothing to worry about right?