• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
The new NFS game is slated for 2021 but the official twitter account posted this image

510 everywhere

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Lets get that Hot Pursuit Remastered! HP2010 is great. I love it.
www.resetera.com

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) is what next gen Need for Speed should be

As part of the 52 games in a year thing, I decided that one of the games that I should sit down and play through was Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010). I've had to game for forever and every time I play it I fall in love with it all over again. This game is fucking ace and was exactly where...

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
They need a "W" subtitle (Need For Speed: Wheels?) so that the acronym can be NFSW.

Lydecker

Aug 13, 2020
Lets get that Hot Pursuit Remastered! HP2010 is great. I love it.
www.resetera.com

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) is what next gen Need for Speed should be

As part of the 52 games in a year thing, I decided that one of the games that I should sit down and play through was Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010). I've had to game for forever and every time I play it I fall in love with it all over again. This game is fucking ace and was exactly where...

It was pretty, pretty good. But I still prefer the 2002 Hot Pursuit 2 from my PS2 days: just racing, no boosts and open world shehanigans.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I hope the game will be good, because for years now NFS is hit or miss. Sadly.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I will not stand for this MW 2005 slander.
FavorableCloseCoypu-size_restricted.gif

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
It was pretty, pretty good. But I still prefer the 2002 Hot Pursuit 2 from my PS2 days: just racing, no boosts and open world shehanigans.

HP2010 is a better game than HP 2002(PS2)
And thats coming from someone who thinks HP PS2 is one of the greatest racing games ever made.

HP2010 was actually a pseudo openworld game.....its a bunch of bespoke tracks that overlap in some areas into a big map....but the only way to actually see that is to select open world(no events actually happen in the open world)
Otherwise it plays like Burnout 3 which also has tracks that overlap.\ in certain areas.

The racing is for lack of a better word visceral....with or without cops that racing is godly.

Playing cops was surprising fun and feels more like an evolution of Burnouts Road Rage mode than anything else.

If this is a remake of HP2010 im sold as shit.
I can still play HP2010 today, and have a blast.

Khalid030

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Please if its Hot Pursuit let me transfer my 360 save to One X (and eventually to Series X)

Oct 25, 2017
HP2010 is a better game than HP 2002(PS2)
And thats coming from someone who thinks HP PS2 is one of the greatest racing games ever made.

HP2010 was actually a pseudo openworld game.....its a bunch of bespoke tracks that overlap in some areas into a big map....but the only way to actually see that is to select open world(no events actually happen in the open world)
Otherwise it plays like Burnout 3 which also has tracks that overlap.\ in certain areas.

The racing is for lack of a better word visceral....with or without cops that racing is godly.

Playing cops was surprising fun and feels more like an evolution of Burnouts Road Rage mode than anything else.

If this is a remake of HP2010 im sold as shit.
I can still play HP2010 today, and have a blast.

Now this sells me more. I remember back in the day after being disappointed with paradise not giving this much of a chance with the 'open world' marketing. Plus the demo was just dull dusty roads with no real character, and shortcuts felt really lackluster.

I don't think we'll ever get back to the wonderful unique feeling tracks of the burnout 1 through to recent days.

Feb 8, 2018
most announcements since HP 2010 didn't impress me gameplay wise but I saw some people reacting positively to NFS rivals and Heat yet I don't want to play them and the story, at least some are having fun with it.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
World.

Think Burnout Paradise.
Why would anyone expect/hope for a free upgrade on a 10 year old game?
It's been a thing on PC where you get remasters etc. either at a huge discount or free on some cases. Don't know why anybody would expect EA to do that though.

NFS: Hot Pursuit Remake - Remastered?

Hot Pursuit 2 is... which this is a remake of.
It was never a remake. It was a reboot of the Hot Pursuit games if anything.

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
maybe they are just predicting the next NFS metacritic score

also seems like an odd time for a reveal, why not wait for the game awards?

blalala

Oct 27, 2017
There have been two more tweets, one every hour on exactly 10 past, maybe 5/10 is the release date? And the fifth tweet is the announcement?

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
How hard is it to remaster/remake Underground 1 at least?

It had only a few tracks, it was linear, so they could make it in a budget

Due to the linearity they could crank the graphics to hell and back, add RT and all that

Everyone I know has a lot of nostalgia for the Underground games, but EA is sitting on cash and really dont care

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire

Due to the linearity they could crank the graphics to hell and back, add RT and all that

Everyone I know has a lot of nostalgia for the Underground games, but EA is sitting on cash and really dont care
Hah I have Underbround 1 and 2 on my flash drive so I can play it on any computer. It runs really well on anything made in the past 10 years.

Hot Pursuit is the GOAT. I had so much fun playing that game. Getting locked on and activating the Turbo hoping you don't crash was exhilarating.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I used to want Need For Speed to take TDU and run with it, but Forza Horizon did instead and is now running laps around everyone else.
Now I suppose what I'd like to see from Need for Speed is Burnout.
This looks like more cops in the city. Is it DLC for the last one?
The 350Z looks like a bulbous loaf.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

there is a reason why there is no remasters/remakes of old racing games.
they have to reacquire licenses for all the car parts, cars and music.

so they just make new games instead. NFS15 and Heat were both the closest we could get to underground today.
if you think they're bad, well, it's not like an Underground remake would be better either, then.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
I see they are trying to match the series average metacritic score with that release date

Mr Robot

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Where are we getting hot pursuit? that screen looks nothing like hot pursuit

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
The licence plate says palm city btw. Apparently thats a track from Hot Pursuit 2. Could that be the game getting remastered?