Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I feel like reading the room would be more beneficial than tweeting whataboutisms, especially in the wake of two mass shootings.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
We've been actively trying to fix the other things

Originally I thought his point was going to be about now fixing gun violence would be reducing the number of total shootings and bringing down that 30-35k numbers of gun deaths we have each year wouldn't mean stopping mass shootings like this from ever happening again..,but it was even dumber than I expected.

Deleted member 57378

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Yeah well more people die from falling out of bed than terroist attacks too. Doesnt mean we need to ignore terrorist. We can in fact tackle multiple problems (or attempt to)at the same time.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I mean yea. But a medical error is a risk you take when attempting medical treatment. Doctors and staff due their best to mitigate those risks with best practices.

Same w/ flu. We developed vaccines. Same with suicide as we SLOWLY develop more of a willingness to discuss mental health. Same with car accidents. Tech has been developed to attempt to mitigate car injuries and fatalities.

For firearms and mass shootings specifically we don't seem to be taking too many steps to either prevent or arrest the problem.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
The fuck do medical errors or the Flu have anything to do with intent besides being strawmen?

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
So with gun regulations you could cut down on mass shootings, homicides involving handguns and likely quite a few suicides too. Sounds good.

Also; What the hell does he want to accomplish with this statement?

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Oh, Neil

f30.gif

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
We really lose 150 people a day to the flu? Thats crazy. 250 people a day to medical error just seems wild too, but I don't even understand how they would know that.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
These other nearly unpreventable things happen more than this preventable thing. Stop being emotional!

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He comes so close to making a good point with these hot takes. This problem is easy to fix, we know exactly how to do it and there is tons of data showing how it has worked in other countries, while the others are much more complicated and cannot easily be solved

How in the world is this tweet not getting ratioed?

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People die to cancer, so why do we care about people who die to assault weapons?
Good call, Mr. Tyson. We might as well stop regulating nuclear weapons since there's a chance we could die to an asteroid.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
I actually do want to ban cars

but we can focus on both

always good to see another supporter of the cause.

and yeah, I don't really get what his point is here. Just because there are other things that cause death doesn't mean we shouldn't solve the problem of gun violence, something that is absolutely avoidable.

really seems like he would have been better keeping his mouth shut on this one...

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Neil is the textbook example of somehow needing to feel they're the smartest one in the room. He needs to pull his head out of his ass.