• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I hope it'll be approachable and enjoyable for someone who doesn't normally play multiplayer games like this

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I swear this is like the 3rd time hes said this. Just. Show. Something. Or just tell us what the fuck it even is.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
if you are not ambitious with your live service game you better pack your bags up.

extremely competitive market and hard to breach in.

I just hope it's grounded and i don't have to deal with Fortnite dances and shit.

Wrench

Jan 19, 2022
With this project being a 'Live Service' game have there been any hints if it would also release on PC or is it Playstation console exclusive only?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
In 5 years we'll probably look back on it as a trend-setting game that changed multiplayer games forever, like ND's singleplayer offerings.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they don't overcomplicate the shit out of it. I loved Factions because it was an intimate, focused experience.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I never thought we would still be waiting for the release. But the prediction can still come to pass

www.resetera.com

Naughty Dogs next game is whatever TLOUII multiplayer spun off into. A PS5 Killer App?

The one thing Sony lacked the entirety of the PS4 lifecycle was a must have multiplayer experience on the console. Me and many others were perfectly happy with them focusing on single player experiences. But this seems like a prime opportunity for them. Anyone who played Factions for TLOU...

The-JUV

Oct 25, 2017
I want to have some faith, they can monetize in other ways...

I've never really gotten into any GAAS ever, but I would hope that if they do go the fortnite route with that type of stuff, that ideally they also have a mode that is more grounded in nature for people that aren't into that, but no idea how feasible that is for the type of major investment GAAS games require.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I want to have some faith, they can monetize in other ways...
Other GaaS games have already proven that the unrealistic colorful skins and wacky dances sell the best. Naughty Dog themselves even did that already with Uncharted 4 and they're definitely gonna do it again with this game, the only question is how long after launch they'll start doing it.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I guess it'll be revealed this E3? and not before
Anyway, I'm conflicted - I want it to be this super awesome looking, advanced game which means it can't be cross-gen. But on the other hand I don't have a PS5 and would love to enjoy it as a PS4Pro user as well. Hmmm

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I'm hoping this ends up with some single player DLC included as well. I think we're about due for a Left Behind type of addition but who knows, can't remember how long after Part 1 that came out.

Aurora

Jul 22, 2018
Lemuria
I hope it ends up having an official crossover with Crash Team Rumble so you can play as Ellie and Crash in both games.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
please release this year. It's almost been three years since TLoU 2 was released.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Sounds exciting! Factions may be most anticipated title outside of Monster Hunter.

If there is any studio that gets me into MP heavily it'll be ND.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious how they decide to tackle the story. I'll buy a PS5 when Factions comes out unless it'll be available for PC day one.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Think Herman Hulst said their GaaS stuff will be PC day 1

He said it's more likely to be there day 1, but there wasn't any guarantee.

I swear this is like the 3rd time hes said this. Just. Show. Something. Or just tell us what the fuck it even is.

Their probably waiting till their close to releasing or close enough to do a beta test. IIRC it's generally better for MP games to not be shown off significantly before they release. It's better to reveal gameplay with a beta shortly after and such.

Shrikey

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know this is GaaS as opposed to season expansions or some kind of episodic content, though?