• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing these won't incorporate improvements from the SNES classic? Like longer controller cords and rewinding?

Might be for the best though, if they are different in any way they would be in even more demand.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Also depending on your Phone OS/Smartwatch OS, settup IFTTT to send you a text when he tweets. Never have to pull my phone out and get to glance at all the deals

Unless your smartwatch can't handle notifications other than SMS, there's no need to do this. You can set up for Twitter notifications are Wario64 already.

Jucksalbe

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany only:
Saturn.de and Mediamarkt.de are now taking preorders for this. They also still have controllers for close the original price.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pre-orders up on Amazon Europe.

I know it's just speculation but how long does it usually take for Amazon US to follow suit?

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pre-orders up on Amazon Europe.

I know it's just speculation but how long does it usually take for Amazon US to follow suit?

I just pre-ordered thanks to Wario64 alerts for EU shipping to the U.S. just in case its a cluster fuck like last time. https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/997144186057977856

Will be happy to keep it and sell to a Restera-er...if I get a U.S pre-order and these are rare again. The controllers sold out already.

[Edit] Controllers aren't sold out but they won't ship to the U.S. Just out of curiosity were the extra NES pads super difficult to find last time and or do any 3rd party ones like 8bitdo work?

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm hoping they let me order a second controller for the damn thing.

I just want a perfect wireless replica like the SNES one made by 8bitdo.

Do they have one for NES? So far I just see their analog and four button hybrids, but I want the authentic NES experience (in wireless form).

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just want a perfect wireless replica like the SNES one made by 8bitdo.

Do they have one for NES? So far I just see their analog and four button hybrids, but I want the authentic NES experience (in wireless form).
It's what I want too. I'd buy their whole run of authentic looking pads if they got the NES right.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
I've just received an email from Smyths Toys where I had pre-ordered the NES Classic from saying that I will be receiving my pre-order soon than expected. Apparently the release date has been moved forward and I will be getting it sometime between 16th-19th June.

Anyone else heard anything from the stores/websites they ordered from?

EDIT: From re-reading the email, it looks like Smyths will receive the NES Classics between 16th-19th June and will then be sending them out to those who pre-ordered.

Last edited:

Sherlock

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
Wonder if people will lose their shit over them this time round or whether Nintendo will flood the streets with that raw uncut product like some kind of gaming Nino Brown as this recreated footage shows when Switch dared to stand up and ask for VC:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I've just received an email from Smyths Toys where I had pre-ordered the NES Classic from saying that I will be receiving my pre-order soon than expected. Apparently the release date has been moved forward and I will be getting it sometime between 16th-19th June.

Anyone else heard anything from the stores/websites they ordered from?

EDIT: From re-reading the email, it looks like Smyths will receive the NES Classics between 16th-19th June and will then be sending them out to those who pre-ordered.

Yeah, same! Nice. I guess it's not a 'release date' because the thing is already out. It's just when the stock is in.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, same! Nice. I guess it's not a 'release date' because the thing is already out. It's just when the stock is in.

Welp, yeah I completely forgot that the thing was already released! I am away this weekend, and I have a sinking suspicion that Yodel are Smyth's delivery service of choice, so I may run in to some problems. But hey, glad that the thing is being released a few weeks sooner!

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Still no NA pre-orders?

I really want to nab one of these come June 29th.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How far has the modding community gotten with the NES Classic? Can you add extra USB storage? Customize the menu, etc?

scamander

Oct 27, 2017
I've ordered one from amazon Uk as it's cheaper than buying from my own country, but now I noticed they advertise it as being dispatched using amazon's "Frustration-Free packaging". So, I know this from amazon Germany, but usually it's used for items like SD-cards whose original packaging is really a pain in the ass to open and you can still opt for the original. In this case there is no option and I wonder why there is a need for a "frustration-free packaging", when the original is an easy to open cardboard box.
Am I missing something or does this really mean I won't get the original packaging? Because in that case I'd rather buy somewhere else.

gesicht

Oct 25, 2017
Can't help but laugh at the flood of NES minis on the re-sale market leading up to this re-release.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Got my email to come and pick mine up today! At this point I've forgotten what the games list is and I'm not even gonna look it up so it's a nice surprise. Excited!

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amazon fr sent my two units earlier
Don't intend to play them yet nor sell them. Just collection.

E9_C0_FA14-2_FCB-436_E-88_D5-_F6679_F154630.jpg

Last edited:

Dizagaox

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
London
They could have made the fucking controller wires longer. They've had 2 years to do it.

The only reason I'm not pissed is because I can play it with my the SNES Classic controller, but if I didn't have that, I'd be livid.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I've been on the fence because I never owned an NES, haven't played my SNES classic due to burnout and don't have as much nostalgia for some of these games as others do, but I think I'm going to pick one up. At least that gives me time to decide whether to keep it or sell it at cost later.

Too bad it doesn't have the Ninja Turtles games.