HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Season 1 and 2 are basically a single season. The first 4 episodes are literally all set up and building to the "second" season.

That said if we want to go this route then Season 1 and 2 are based on Castlevania 3.
2361210-nes_castlevania3.jpg
Season 3 is based on Castlevania 1 which chronologically comes after the story in season 1 and 2 and features Simon Belmont, aka Conan the Vampire Hunter.
A potential Season 4 would could then cover Castlevania 2 which is a direct sequel to Castlevania 1 and about Simon recovering the scattered organs of Dracula to resurrect him... before killing him again.
Season 4 could also just skip to the famous Rondo of Blood where Richter Belmont and his allies take on Dracula.

Then the final season is of course Alucard taking it head on to Shaft and Dracula in Symphony of the Night

SoldnerKei

Oct 26, 2017
but when is Grant? :c

hell, I'd even take his Judgement design if that means he makes it to the show

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very good news.

You're probably confusing it with HDR/Dolby Vision as the CGI anime stuff like Blame or Godzilla is Full HD resolution + HDR/DV. Same as Star Trek Discovery. A show being streamed in HDR doesn't automatically mean that it's also in 4K.
I agree though, would love it to be produced in 4K and/or HDR.

I'm pretty sure Blame is is 4k.

https://media.netflix.com/en/only-on-netflix/80233

Edit: Hmmm, they're not streaming at 4k now, but I could have swore they were before. That's disappointing. At least Blame! still looks incredible. I guess I just have to look forward to how much better it can get.

Last edited:

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Season 1 and 2 are basically a single season. The first 4 episodes are literally all set up and building to the "second" season.

That said if we want to go this route then Season 1 and 2 are based on Castlevania 3.

Season 3 is based on Castlevania 1 which chronologically comes after the story in season 1 and 2 and features Simon Belmont, aka Conan the Vampire Hunter.

A potential Season 4 would could then cover Castlevania 2 which is a direct sequel to Castlevania 1 and about Simon recovering the scattered organs of Dracula to resurrect him... before killing him again.

Season 4 could also just skip to the famous Rondo of Blood where Richter Belmont and his allies take on Dracula.

Then the final season is of course Alucard taking it head on to Shaft and Dracula in Symphony of the Night

Wait, is it confirmed that S3 is Castlevania 1?

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
I was just speculating as Castlevania 1 comes after 3 in terms of chronology.

Given Trevor Belmont's voice actor is recording for Season 3, doing Curse of Darkness next makes sense, given it takes place three years later. Then there's the two Gameboy Castlevania games starring Christopher Belmont, then Castlevania I and II.

After that, it's one stop with Juste Belmont in Harmony of Dissonance, then we can get to Richter Belmont with Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night.

After that, we go Sans Belmont for 202 years through several stories until the untold War in 1999 with Julius Belmont, then the Sorrow games with Soma Cruz in the 2030s.

Would love to see all of it adapted, even if it's unlikely.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Given Trevor Belmont's voice actor is recording for Season 3, doing Curse of Darkness next makes sense, given it takes place three years later. Then there's the two Gameboy Castlevania games starring Christopher Belmont, then Castlevania I and II.

After that, it's one stop with Juste Belmont in Harmony of Dissonance, then we can get to Richter Belmont with Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night.

After that, we go Sans Belmont for 202 years through several stories until the untold War in 1999 with Julius Belmont, then the Sorrow games with Soma Cruz in the 2030s.

Would love to see all of it adapted, even if it's unlikely.

I figure they stick to the mainline games as those are the most iconic. That and I'd like to get to Symphony of the Night and see if they attempt to do stuff like the upside down castle. Dracula X/Rondo of Blood would be fucking great to see brought to life.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
This is great news for the show.
Wonder if they'll finish up with Trevor and Co's storyline this coming up season and move on to SOTN (etc) or continue into the newly announced 3rd.

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Bizarre with no season 2 out yet. I wonder if the first season just keeps bringing in new watchers thanks to word of mouth. Shows good.

Nov 19, 2017
Awesome! Loved the first season and can't wait for the second. I hope this means that they did just as well with Season 2 and Netflix was impressed.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope the Rumors of Konami announcing the Castlevania Belmont family collection are true.

Along with those and Season 2 of the show, also with Bloostained CotM and RotN.

2018 might be the best year Castlevania fans have EVER had.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Need to see more Castlevania enemies in season 2. Dracula's army was a little underwhelming in season one. Nothing more than demon batgoyles.

Oct 27, 2017
It's already going to release in mobile.

Oh, here it is the stupid Pachinko meme again when it's part of the Amusement division and behind in earnings by a longshot compared to the Fitness Division and Digital Division (the first, with mobile and console games). lol
Wasn't it a Castlevania pachinko machine that was the source if the EROTIC VIOLENCE meme? Double meme-age.

Bob_Coffee

Oct 25, 2017
if they pad things out a short season 3 covering drac's castle and the final cv3 battle then transitioning into CV1 could be cool. the map in cv3 is pretty big so I think they can pad things out a bit.

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
Heck yeah... One of the greatest show (even for only 4 chapters) of last year.

This, the WC and The Grand Tour Special should cover my TV meter for June/July... XD

Nov 2, 2017
Honestly Konami would have to be braindead to not announce something Castlevania related at E3. The show is doing the brand a world of favors, and if they don't capitalize it then who knows what their management is on.

A classic collection on Switch, a SOTN remake, a new 3D attempt . Something!

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Wait... Season 2 hasn't even dropped yet, right? Awesome news is awesome news, but that's kinda funny. Looking forward to both!

Natsuko

Apr 9, 2018
Since Trevor's voice actor is still involved, I'm guessing the second season is just going to be the middle part of the story, with the third season being the conclusion of the CV3 arc.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Since Trevor's voice actor is still involved, I'm guessing the second season is just going to be the middle part of the story, with the third season being the conclusion of the CV3 arc.

But Season Two is twice as long as Season One, and the whole Castlevania III adaptation was planned to be 3 movies originally. 12 episodes fits them finishing that story, unless they randomly decide to drag it out.

I'm really getting Curse of Darkness vibes, given it's a direct sequel to Castlevania III and features Trevor Belmont.

Natsuko

Apr 9, 2018
But Season Two is twice as long as Season One, and the whole Castlevania III adaptation was planned to be 3 movies originally. 12 episodes fits them finishing that story, unless they randomly decide to drag it out.

Yes, but season 1 was written 10 years before the upcoming seasons, so there's a possibility they decided to produce more content than what was originally planned.Who knows, though.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
okay, just finished the first season, and I was NOT prepared for how freaking amazing this is! I was freaking losing it all through the end of the last episode, it was way more then I ever wanted!

yeah, I'm super glad for this news, this thing is an absolute treasure, and a wholly unique experience. I wish the staff the best of luck, and my deepest support!

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. Now release the second season, because the first one was great.
Maybe someone talk to Adi Shankar about his ultraviolence fetish though, because it's a little much, lol.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
"Stand the fuck up"

I just love the dialog in this.... it's hammy as hell but sooooo good.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Season 2 has been delayed to fall, unfortunately. The way to announce it is pretty hilarious though

tumblr_pap8sswsoj1so49byo1_640.jpg