thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I tried to watch "The Movies That Made Us" but nope, can't do it.

I can't stand the editing style of that show. Constantly cutting, having someone speak literally one word then the narration speaking. It's like one of the shows "TOP 50 CELEB FAILS OF THE YEAR" and TOP 100 CHRISTMAS MOVIES OF ALL TIME". Really annoying as the films themselves, and hearing the people speak is interesting. But they have to edit into this fun and cool style. Really annoying so I turned it off in under 5 minutes.

SanderGT

Banned
Apr 24, 2021
Guy Ritchie's new film Wrath of Man is blowing me away. I'm halfway through and it's already by far my favourite Guy Ritchie movie, maybe because it's so radically different[even though it's still about the mob].

I had to hit pause because my partner had to take care of something, can't wait to finish 😌

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Show Drops in September and October.

- Lucifer s6
- Sex Education s3
- Midnight Mass
- Dear White People s4
- On my Block s4
- Locke and Key s2
- Seinfeld all
- You s3

With Witcher, Cowboy Beebop, and cobra Kai all seemingly set for later this year. Probably even some stuff in November I missed 🤯

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I tried to watch "The Movies That Made Us" but nope, can't do it.

I can't stand the editing style of that show. Constantly cutting, having someone speak literally one word then the narration speaking. It's like one of the shows "TOP 50 CELEB FAILS OF THE YEAR" and TOP 100 CHRISTMAS MOVIES OF ALL TIME". Really annoying as the films themselves, and hearing the people speak is interesting. But they have to edit into this fun and cool style. Really annoying so I turned it off in under 5 minutes.
Sorry for a late bump but I agree with you 100%. I had the same experience. The quick cuts reminded me of those early '00s VH1 top 50 countdowns. Extremely obnoxious. I tuned in to watch the RoboCop one because, well RoboCop is one of favorite movies of all time. Cue the quirky edits, funny zingers, comedic nonsense. Absolutely no respect for the cinema material at hand.

Electricb7

Oct 27, 2017
sorry for bumb.
Does anyone else have issues with Netflix streaming in HD? I pay for the highest tier of Neflix but cant seem to play videos in 1080. I went to settings and made sure everything was correct but my videos are still low quality. Anyone else have this issue?

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
sorry for bumb.
Does anyone else have issues with Netflix streaming in HD? I pay for the highest tier of Neflix but cant seem to play videos in 1080. I went to settings and made sure everything was correct but my videos are still low quality. Anyone else have this issue?
What are you watching on? DRM requirements on browsers is based on the platform. 4k on a Mac means using Safari. Windows requires Edge. Google OS means Chrome.

If that is not the case, it could still be a hardware limitation. An older Apple TV or Firestick can be limited - although both would need to be pretty old to not do 1080p.

Electricb7

Oct 27, 2017
What are you watching on? DRM requirements on browsers is based on the platform. 4k on a Mac means using Safari. Windows requires Edge. Google OS means Chrome.

If that is not the case, it could still be a hardware limitation. An older Apple TV or Firestick can be limited - although both would need to be pretty old to not do 1080p.
Firefox on my pc.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
so these are leaving the AUS Netflix end of month/early Dec.

A Man Apart
Chappie
NightFlyers (TV series)
The Unholy
Mindhunters (2004 movie)

Are any of these worth watching?
I feel like Mindhunters and The Unholy might be worth a watch.

Chappie has always looked boring to me so not sure I should cave and just give it a shot.
A Man Apart I feel like I've seen half of it years ago but don't really remember much from it.

And Nightflyers, apparently it ends on a cliffhanger and s2 got cancelled so..
Though I read in some user review that there are elements of Event Horizon to it (Whether thats true or not I dunno, but EH is one of my favourite horror movies)

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Heads up US Netflix users:
John Wick Trilogy - January 1st
Justice League - Delayed to January 1st
Elvis (2023 Movie) - December 31st
Joker (2019) - December 31st
Meg 2: The Trench - December 29th
Equalizer 3 - January 1st

Aquaman 1 is on the way, but due to US Netflix's coming soon section isn't showing a date, nor is the page. I'm assuming it'll be this month though. (Edit: It's not. It's January 1st). Other than Teen Titans Go To The Movies, every DC 2013 to Early 2023 film will be on US Netflix at some point soon.

The Flash (2023) will probably arrive in Late January/Early February 2023 once US Prime Video's limited non-exclusive license concludes like Shazam 2's did.

Last edited:

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
So I forgot we had a Netflix OT. I'd like to do a mini-update on Sony Pictures films coming to US Netflix like I do with the other streaming service threads so anyone who's curious knows when to expect it.

- A reminder that Anyone But You will arrive on the service on April 23rd. We're following the four-five months after theatrical release plan that's been in effect since the second half of last year. Even Across The Spider-Verse followed this, so I expect this to be the case no matter how well a film performs in theaters.
- If The Book of Clarence doesn't arrive in April due to Anyone But You, it should be a May 2024 release for sure.
- Madame Web is most definitely a June 2024 release. It came out without advance notice to home digital. I see no reason why they delay putting it on the service past four months due to it's box office performance.
- It may be too soon to say on Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire, but my guess is a July 2024 drop. It could dip into August maybe, but if the film's legs don't hold over the next few weeks, I can't see them withholding the film from US Netflix for too long.
- Sony Pictures is opting out of dropping a theatrical film in April 2024, so we won't be having an update on any new films in the next mini-update. Garfield and Bad Boys 4 are still a little ways out anyway.

We'll be back in Late April for the May 2024 mini-update. See you then!

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
It's time for the mini-update on upcoming Sony Pictures films!
- The Book of Clarence is still MIA. But to be fair, Sony Pictures films sometimes don't get announced until two weeks before hand, and it could be a late May release. Stay tuned! Hopefully I don't need to have this on another monthly update list.
- Madame Web is going to be a June 2024 release. I can feel it in my gut. When is the question. Maybe not early June? If it is though, expect an announcement within the next few weeks. But you won't be waiting that much longer. I promise.
- Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire should be a July 2024 drop. Legs weren't that great, even if international is helping it maybe get close enough to break even. We'll use Madame Web to determine a guess on a more specific release date. Stay tuned!
- We will talk about The Garfield Movie next month.

We'll be back in Late May for the June 2024 mini-update. See you then!

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Early Mini-Update for June because I'm not sure I can get it out this weekend/next week, and we have the Netflix June 2024 schedule.

- In a shocking twist (at least from my tracking perspective, I know others will say otherwise) Madame Web is out on US Netflix. We went from four months after theaters for lower grossing films, to three months after theaters. Maybe home digital sales were so bad Sony Pictures was like "please, just take it now Netflix. We need streaming money!"? Either that, or the window has shifted again as Madame Web was the first big 2024 film. Either way, three months after theaters is on the table for certain films. Crazy considering how Sony Pictures two years ago was very insistent on long theatrical windows.
- And so the question becomes: When does Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire come out? That movie did not do as bad in theaters as Madame Web. It wasn't a major hit for Sony, but it is looking like it'll turn a profit. At least a tiny bit. Maybe. So we have two scenarios that can occur:
A) It comes out in June, confirming that unless a movie is a big hit for Sony Pictures, we can now expect theatrical films to be on US Netflix three months after it hits theaters.
B) It comes out in July, confirming bombs now come to US Netflix three months after theaters, ok runs are four months, theatrical hits are five months (see Across The Spider-Verse and No Hard Feelings).
We won't know until two weeks before a streaming drop when the release date is. So we'll see what happens. I'll do a post analysis on Ghostbusters if it releases in June like I did above with Madame Web.
- The Garfield Movie looks to be already close making back it's production budget overseas before the US release (it was $60 million from what I've seen online). Opening Weekend US numbers seem acceptable with it's budget. I don't expect this to be a three months to US Netflix release at all. We'll see what happens with Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire and adjust estimates accordingly, but I suspect a September/October drop on the service depending on how the next month's US performance goes. We'll talk more at the end of June once we have a better idea of how the legs performed.
- We'll talk about Bad Boys: Ride or Die next month once we have opening weekend numbers and an idea of how the legs are. This is Sony Pictures' big Summer movie, so a strong performance may have it wait the maximum time like Across The Spider-Verse.
- Sony Pictures is going to start getting impacted by the strike again soon after Bad Boys. Their next film will be an AppleTV+ exclusive. And until the end of the year we're going to have one month hiatuses where Sony Pictures opts out of major film releases. Be prepared.

We'll be back in Late June for the July 2024 mini-update. Stay tuned!

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
In a surprise twist, Godzilla Minus One will be available on US Netflix in... ONE HOUR.

Spectromixer this may take the award for biggest stealth shadow drop to streaming in 2024. The fact that this didn't leak until HOURS BEFORE is insane.