spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for this Teela's Quest expansion/redo.

Same, one of my favorite episodes of the original series. I always love when that storyline is played with, and I hope they do something like DC did in their Eternity War series with Teela becoming the Green Goddess.

hm_ew-1-page-4pyjkp.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Kevin Smith went into the show a little bit on his last podcast on Fatman Beyond. He addressed the rumor that Teela somehow becomes He-Man and He-Man is basically nerfed. Said that is not at all the case, it is a full on continuation of the cartoon from the 80's and it's quintessential He-Man.
So what's going on here? Is a Teela focused show or not? He keeps shooting down those rumors

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It gets so tiring that everything is a culture war now. First episode hasn't even dropped

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
Teela might get some initial focus, but that doesn't mean He-Man is going to be off-screen and forgotten. If they're playing this right, it could be an ensemble cast and he'll get plenty of things to do. But nah, it's somehow the end of the world if the show decides to give anyone else some attention for any length of time.

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017

here's about when he first starts going into the rumor it's Kevin so it's a little roundabout but he gets there. if the time stamp isn't working uts at 56 min in.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Feels somewhat similar to all the outrage and concern that we saw for TLOU2 prior to release but without the leaks to even "justify" the usual chuds ugly inflammatory BS.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people care if Teela is the focus? Such a stupid reason to have a conniption about

It seems certain people overreacted and are taking it too personally (and some are likely just plain sexist). They heard out-of-context rumors and concluded that the whole story is going to be a bait and switch, which Kevin Smith denies, but apparently anything even suggesting Teela could be important at all has the inevitable effect of reinforcing their initial conclusion.

Thus they're accusing him of lying for "not being honest" about Teela being the focus. But again, you can have multiple character arcs in a show, so it's a moot point.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
It seems certain people overreacted and are taking it too personally (and some are likely just plain sexist). They heard out-of-context rumors and concluded that the whole story is going to be a bait and switch, which Kevin Smith denies, but apparently anything even suggesting Teela could be important at all has the inevitable effect of reinforcing their initial conclusion.

Thus they're accusing him of lying for "not being honest" about Teela being the focus. But again, you can have multiple character arcs in a show, so it's a moot point.
You probably know exactly why :)

("dang female sjw pc agenda ruining my manly manly childhood)
How are they so mad about a property that was dead until resurrected by this project…. That they haven't even seen yet?

I know they are sexist, but this is just stupid.

Jun 17, 2019
A lot of people forget that girls grew up too on the show, so the idea of the bait and switch is actually funny knowing Mattel really wants to push for He-man.

Oct 27, 2017
Whoever did the animation needs to do everything from now on because it looks absolutely fantastic.

EDIT: Powerhouse Animation...who also did Castlevania.

Nov 27, 2020
This is looking soooo good. My guess is that the rumors about Teela being the main character might be partially right, but Adam will still be there. He'll just be unable to become He-Man. When he does…it will be a huge freakin' event in the show.

Also…for those wondering if the original theme will be used in the show, my guess is whoever cut that trailer is aware of that, hence the "do you still know the tune?" line, but…like Adam becoming He-Man, it will also be a big freakin' deal in the show. Given that many of the same creatives from Castlevania are behind this, I'd suspect that
it will be used at one of the most hype moments of the show, just like how Bloody Tears was the hype cherry on a hype sundae at the end of Castlevania season 2.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I was around 3 or 4 years old so I have no memories of watching He-man but knew of it through osmosis growing up in the '80s. This will be my first time watching this series basically,.

Oct 26, 2017
I doubt I will be as hyped for anything else this year as I am for this. Got my new Skelegod and Battle Cat figures too (the figures are lrger than the origins line).

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
How is ClownFish such a "thing"?
Did they make a name for themselves shitting on SU or something?

Anyway, this trailer looks interesting and got my attention.