Alvaro

Feb 13, 2019
Hopefully we get more, and i hope this helps to solve some of these cases as well.

CoinStarDX

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man with case 4 being in Topeka area which is where all my family is from and the 6th being around Branson/Springfield MO which is where I've loved most of my life these first 6 mysteries really hit close to home for me.
I think having paranormal stuff is a big part of the original series but I don't know if this format lends itself well to it. I'd love to see a collection style episode of paranormal stuff. Like 4 stories in an hour episode.

.hacked

Dec 10, 2017
Things I don't like, no host and one "mystery" per episode. Like the format of old show more, but just a nit pick.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
I watched all 6. A bit disappointing there were only 6 cases. Case 3 is also well known in the French speaking world. A few months ago they thought they finally had the guy but DNA test didn't match.

The mother in case 6 is pure evil.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished ep 6. Skipped the UFO episode since I don't care about UFOs. That whole Sandy thing is mindblowing. I don't understand how she's not in jail, hasn't paid Gary's family anything, and how she has Colter. Specifically, the money thing. Why say she has to pay the $7 MM if she doesn't actually have to?

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Saw episode 1, the cases are good but pacing is a bit slow, no conclusions or leads make it depressing.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
I might have low standards but I genuinely enjoyed the UFO episode. The people seemed super credible to me too.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
The switchboard thing regarding Ray Parker (Episode 1) sounds like eh detective work. Could they not have got a court order specifically to look at local hardware phone logs? By that I mean early 2000 era landline phones mostly still had digital components that would show a date and time of outgoing calls. How many people realistically would have worked in the office at that time in the evening that could have made the call? Could a list of people of been narrowed based on camera footage of who entered the building? Etc.

IIRC the detective says he didn't have the clout to make them talk, but these were some fairly basic items they were asking for. Not like they wanted to dig into financial records. We're talking about trying to rule out foul play in a death and a phonecall made immediately before it happens should have provided enough reasonable call to subpoena those records.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Man with case 4 being in Topeka area which is where all my family is from and the 6th being around Branson/Springfield MO which is where I've loved most of my life these first 6 mysteries really hit close to home for me.
I think having paranormal stuff is a big part of the original series but I don't know if this format lends itself well to it. I'd love to see a collection style episode of paranormal stuff. Like 4 stories in an hour episode.

I came across an interview with one of the producers I think, where they stated that UFO episodes (and likely by extension paranormal ones in general) are harder to do today because technology has advanced enough that it just doesn't work the same. When everyone has a camera in their pocket, stories with a lack of evidence are more difficult to showcase in the serious tone that Unsolved Mysteries liked to do. That's not to say that they're more or less believable but I think they feel it's tone just doesn't work as well today.

Just finished ep 6. Skipped the UFO episode since I don't care about UFOs. That whole Sandy thing is mindblowing. I don't understand how she's not in jail, hasn't paid Gary's family anything, and how she has Colter. Specifically, the money thing. Why say she has to pay the $7 MM if she doesn't actually have to?

I've always heard that it's one of the downsides of Civil Court in general. That if someone really doesn't want to pay the judgement, it's difficult to force them to.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I came across an interview with one of the producers I think, where they stated that UFO episodes (and likely by extension paranormal ones in general) are harder to do today because technology has advanced enough that it just doesn't work the same. When everyone has a camera in their pocket, stories with a lack of evidence are more difficult to showcase in the serious tone that Unsolved Mysteries liked to do. That's not to say that they're more or less believable but I think they feel it's tone just doesn't work as well today.

I've always heard that it's one of the downsides of Civil Court in general. That if someone really doesn't want to pay the judgement, it's difficult to force them to.
That just seems like a huge waste of time then.

Oct 26, 2017

i mean, I watched the ufo episode and it was the absolute worst.

there are youtubers, that put together a more compelling case/dissection of a reported ufo case, that has more compelling information/evidence.

this just feels like, they wanted to go out of there way to find one no one talked about, found it filmed it, and it was all just bad.

like laughably bad, youtubers are better at making this show than the current show runners.

Lemino is a case and point.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
It absolutely can be, especially when there's no reasonable way for the party that owes to raise the money owed from the judgement.
That doesn't make sense either. With child support, if you're making money, they're garnishing your wages. Why would this be any different?

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
That doesn't make sense either. With child support, if you're making money, they're garnishing your wages. Why would this be any different?

I couldn't say with any authority but if I were to guess... I'd guess that maybe's there's a perceived difference in terms of garnishing for the support of a child that is incapable of supporting themselves, that that person is directly responsible for existing to begin with, and that of a technical legal remedy to a dispute. In this case it's a murder rather than something like a legal contract technicality but it already strikes me as strange that there are civil cases for murder to begin with.

earthsucks

Oct 27, 2017
au
the 'no ride home' case seems the most solvable by far as multiple people obviously know what happened to alonzo. hopefully tips will continue to come in.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
I am 4 episodes in and this stuff always scares the crap out of me. I find it very hard to believe the FBI/Police didn't find out what happened to Alonzo at the party. Something is not right.

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Very good, if you liked the original though it takes a bit to get into the new format.

How can you argue this when you missed every detail about the hole in the roof case?
"every detail"
lmao.

surejan.

ya'll, like the directors of the first episode refuse to believe occams razor.

the dude tripped/jumped from the ledge.
11 floors up, 45 feet over, isnt difficult.

the "small hole", ya, the guy impacted the roof feet first when when through it.

the nokia phone not being broken? his glasses not being broken? the flip flop. the flip flop not being broken?

the glasses, like the phone bounced off him at impact of the roof, as he went through it.
its a fucking flip flop.

the crazy ass notes/notebooks thedude would fill up?
he had an undiagnosed mental illness, and the show tried to say he was in a secret society.

that last part, especially the secret society shit was just shameful.

Last edited:

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
The UFO episode was odd due to the seeming corroboration of different people. Not really sure what to say about it.

The last episode I can't believe the lady is still running around raising her grandson like her son. Yikes. This show is going to make her go crazy I'll bet.

Someone had to have moved Alonzo out to the creek after the police stopped looking. Maybe not that exact place, but maybe much higher up the creek, since we saw his boots on the side of the road maybe they put him in the truck or whatever and drive up to the other part of the creek and did him there.

It is also hard to believe they didn't get any info on who was starting the fight with him earlier or who may have picked one with him later.

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Shit you know the funny thing, is that I've seen the epsiode 3 and my memory is banging my head saying that I've seen that guy somewhere else before

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i watched episode 3 and 6 and thought to myself, "unsolved? more like unproven in a court of law amirite or amirite?!" i really hope the others aren't similar cause that is such a snoooooooooooooze fest.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Started watching it today and went right to the UFO episode. I loved when the original show dug into UFO stories. I've always been a complete sucker for this shit. Given, I don't really believe any of it, but I really really want to, hence why I consume this stuff so much. It was a cool story and I enjoyed it.

Going to start up episode 1 now. Man that theme song brings back soooo many memories.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
"every detail"
lmao.

surejan.

ya'll, like the directors of the first episode refuse to believe occams razor.

the dude tripped/jumped from the ledge.
11 floors up, 45 feet over, isnt difficult.

the "small hole", ya, the guy impacted the roof feet first when when through it.

the nokia phone not being broken? his glasses not being broken? the flip flop. the flip flop not being broken?

the glasses, like the phone bounced off him at impact of the roof, as he went through it.
its a fucking flip flop.

the crazy ass notes/notebooks thedude would fill up?
he had an undiagnosed mental illness, and the show tried to say he was in a secret society.

that last part, especially the secret society shit was just shameful.

I've been talking about the case on reddit and it's clear to me that this was not suicide. Several redditors have claimed that the note is actually a mapping of a tone reel - something that filmmakers do, and we know he was working on the movie. FBI also confirmed it was not a suicide note.

Let's also talk about several other factors, I work in mental health myself and I have to be honest, this does not line up with suicide.

- The same day he disappeared he inquired about joining the free masons, and picked up a book "free masons for dummies" - If someone was going to die that same day, I doubt he would do this
- He booked an office for the following weekend, once again, someone who is ready to die does not usually make plans for the future
- The suicide note isnt a suicide note. Most notes offer an explanation for why they did this, some apology to their family, etc. As I said, several redditors have also offered the explanation that it is a mapping of a tone reel.
- Not only did he book an office he also purchased gear to do the job on Allison's credit card. The proceeds from the job was to clear that debt and the gear would have been very helpful for his move to LA and he already had made contacts with prospects in Los Angeles. Once again, planning for the future is something we include in a safety plan so it is less likely someone will kill themselves. It just does not line up.
- Killing ones self via jumping is also very rare. He was also scared of heights.
- No history of mental illness, no red flags that we typically see as well (now of course, there are always exceptions) but taking this with all other evidence just makes this unlikely IMO

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Idk,
he doesn't give super axe murder vibes but does super"my wife is trapped permanently in this cardboard box as my possession with me were she belongs" vibes.
Yea I think it's obvious he did it.. The end gave it away with him having her ashes in the closet and declaring that no one else would ever get them. Dude knew she was going to divorce him and he couldn't stand the thought of her being with someone else.
The husband in episode 2 is really suspect.

Kicking the son out the day after his wife goes missing doesn't add up if he thought she was alive. He must've known she'd go ballistic returning to find out he did that.

Then talking about her saying things like "maybe someone kept her as a toy... used a wheelbarrow to carry her out to the woods" yeaaaah that's not how someone talks about a loved one in these cases.
I didn't think about it that way, but it's a really good point. He must have known she wasn't coming back, because if she did the marriage would undoubtedly have been over for how he treated the kid.

Last edited:

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty solid true crime, if true crime docs are your thing you'd probably like it. It is kind of a frustrating watch because the entire premise of the show is that the cases are unsolved, so there isn't any closure.
I think even more frustrating are cases like the last one, where everyone basically knows what happened and nothing has come from it

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Episode 5 was meh, but the rest were all good. It's still number one in the UK I think.

I hope it does well and they make more.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Love the show already.

Rey Rivera case.

It's pretty obvious his friend/business partner is involved. The detectives should follow up on the phone call to Rey on why he left so quickly. Theory: He could possibly fell from a helicopter and not either the hotel or parking lot roof.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
I hope this Rob guy burns in hell for what he did to Pistol. Dude was so fucking cruel it made my blood boil. I can't believe he feels justified in holding Patrices remains over pistol, and locking him out of the house the day after she disappears, leaving a 15 year old confused and grieving kid homeless. Fuck this sick and twisted narcissistic piece of human shit. I think it's clear as day he was involved in her disappearance/murder

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Love the show already.

Rey Rivera case.

It's pretty obvious his friend/business partner is involved. The detectives should follow up on the phone call to Rey on why he left so quickly. Theory: He could possibly fell from a helicopter and not either the hotel or parking lot roof.

My theory is he was beat to death at another location and the entire roof scene was staged. His phone and glasses in perfect condition don't make sense to me. And his buddy was 100% either involved or simply knows something that could get him killed as well.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
My theory is he was beat to death at another location and the entire roof scene was staged. His phone and glasses in perfect condition don't make sense to me. And his buddy was 100% either involved or simply knows something that could get him killed as well.

It also doesn't make much sense that the people that found him go on top of a parking structure randomly. And work for the same company, iirc

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this Rob guy burns in hell for what he did to Pistol. Dude was so fucking cruel it made my blood boil. I can't believe he feels justified in holding Patrices remains over pistol, and locking him out of the house the day after she disappears, leaving a 15 year old confused and grieving kid homeless. Fuck this sick and twisted narcissistic piece of human shit. I think it's clear as day he was involved in her disappearance/murder

like i said a page or two back it wasn't clear how "difficult" pistol really was as a kid. since he had his bio dad to go back to i could justify rob going "whatever, you're somebody else's problem now..."

but face value yeah guy's probably a nob, not to mention a creep (remains stuff is indefensible)

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
For what it is worth I never watched the original series, and it is available here on Amazon prime. Already hooked.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
The original series is a much different show, weirdly enough.

It is already an improvement as some cases have satisfying conclusions. I think it works better as shorter 15 minute segments too. Some of the people featured are legitimately creepy, and they usually aren't the ones accused of the crimes!