Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3DS software sales are dead and it has almost no new games, but they already announced a game for 2019 (reusing an engine), so it's not surprising.

People will overreact anyway, even though this is mostly just keeping a low cost system in stock for some time (they use the sw to convince retailers to stock it) lol

Oct 27, 2017
ekjpq9ykasg7.gif

Last edited:

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
cool. give software to that huge userbase.

but please for the love of god start making it crossgen. i don't wanna bring two handhelds on my travels.

ConanEdogawa

Oct 31, 2017
I'm happy to see the continued support. I've played my 3DS more than my Switch in 2018 so far. Backlog titles, but still. :)

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy to see the continued support. I've played my 3DS more than my Switch in 2018 so far. Backlog titles, but still. :)

Same here. The more software the better. It's still a really nice system family and I still am really enjoying playing on mine.

What about a Thouasand Year Door port to the 3DS, with the Switch getting Color Splash. :P

This would be excellent tbh - I think of all the released Nintendo titles, those are the two I want to play most.

Oct 27, 2017
It's a great system. It doesn't subtract from Switch at all imo. I still enjoy using mine. Would it be cool if it was all one system? Sure but DS + 3DS in one machine is still good imo

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah its not surprising they are supporting it, some ports and what not aside. The thing still has well over a hundred million units floating out there. Not everyone has jumped to the switch either and the kids market is still squarely in their pocket for most regions with the 3DS.

Heck I have not gotten any real new 3DS games in a long time aside from Pokemon but still there are a ton of titles im interested in on 3DS whenever I boot up that eshop. Though some real sales every now and then would compel me to buy them lol.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Even though I love Switch, one of the things I was most excited about was Nintendo being able to focus on a single piece of hardware AND the next generation of Virtual Console.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
"New titles like these"

So...ports of content from old titles that all feature Mario characters?

Y'all shouldn't worry about this affecting the pipeline for Switch.

Yeah its not surprising they are supporting it, some ports and what not aside. The thing still has well over a hundred million units floating out there.

You're about 30 million units off.

ACL

Nov 18, 2017
Why won't they just kill off this dang thing that recently set sales records and continues to make tons of money already

Yes, it's really sad. It's only a good thing the system is getting more games for 3DS owners that can't afford a new system yet. Switch is still getting the lionshare of Nintendos development resources, so I really see no problem. As seen with titles like Captain Toad and Sushi Strikers, there's even good possibilty of Switch/3DS multiplatform games. Too bad Nintendo as 1st party are doing the complete opposite to what was done to PSV I guess.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
684.gif

As long as the 3DS gives Nintendo profits, it will stay there. Also Game Boy line existed for 21 years. DS line is now in its 14th year.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
3DS is turning out to be a port machine of old games. Started with Yoshi's Wooly World and Mario Maker, now continued with everything else. I don't see a reason to think this is a bad thing.

Captain Toad ports, Luigi's Mansion ports, Mario and Luigi remakes...this is nothing new. It won't interfere with Switch development.

Oct 27, 2017
3DS is turning out to be a port machine of old games. Started with Yoshi's Wooly World and Mario Maker, now continued with everything else. I don't see a reason to think this is a bad thing.

Captain Toad ports, Luigi's Mansion ports, Mario and Luigi remakes...this is nothing new. It won't interfere with Switch development.

Not to mention two of its games are already being moved over to the Switch.

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think there could be a lot of potential still left in the 3DS at a $99 price point, maybe even more than two years worth. Nintendo would have to commit a lot of software resources though that could go towards the Switch. End of life cycle decisions are tough, and the 3DS's potential was ultimately squandered by a poor first year, so maybe it's not worth one last push at the end.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
I wouldn't mind more N64 remakes. Really surprised Kirby 64 didn't get a remake on 3DS.

Maybe we can get Yoshi's Story and F-zero X.

evilmonkey

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Generous definition of "new" when it's all ports and remakes. It's minimal effort to retain the perception that they're supporting it, probably so potential Switch buyers won't think they'll drop support for that as soon as the next system is out.

The 3DS also still has at least one major price cut left in it. These games are being sent to die but they're not that significant so it's all good. It's a smart strategy with little financial risk.

RainRainRain

Jan 15, 2018
I feel like the 3DS is redundant with Nintendo already advertising the Switch as a portable (and home console mixture)

It feels weird to have a generation with a handheld system, and then a handheld system with much worse graphics, one just seems better alltogether, while all the old handhelds had a distinct advantage of being portable.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the 3DS is redundant with Nintendo already advertising the Switch as a portable (and home console mixture)

It feels weird to have a generation with a handheld system, and then a handheld system with much worse graphics, one just seems better alltogether, while all the old handhelds had a distinct advantage of being portable.

Not anymore redundant than when they kept the GBA going for a few more years after the DS launched. Or the NES still getting games all the way into the SNES' third year.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Welp, I guess Nintendo will continue to announce titles that are easier to make on 3DS like M&L and Luigi's Mansion remakes.

Hope all the original games go for Switch though, they deserve to sell.

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody asking for Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 in this thread makes me sad.
I'd love for it to come over. There's some late localizations i'd love to see.
Off the top of my head:
Dragon Quest XI (3DS version)
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 Professional
Dragon Quest Monsters 3d
Dragon Quest Monsters 3d 2
Dragon Quest Rocket Slime 3
Theaterhtyhm Dragon Quest
Yokai Watch 3
Yokai Watch Busters
Yokai Watch Busters 2

Not out yet but still hoping for:
Etrian Odyssey X
Persona Q2

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Well, i love my 3DS. Amazing library, currently playing a permadeth run of Fire Emblem Awakening, and just purchase Conquest. Now if they could make their VC better,more SNES and add GBA , i will be more than happy.

Visual for this little handheld is great, i dont see the hate. Sure Switch is better, but i dont plan to drop soon my 3DS. I dont mind if it still live by 2025 seriously.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely happy to be hearing this, only recently bought a 2DS XL