maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yes with I want to see Hurley as the new Jacob and Ben as the new Richard. And see how they would run the island.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Sounds like a bad president.

"Said thing made tons of money. I like money. Let's do the thing that made money again regardless of the context. Money good."

Burli

Nov 7, 2017
Of course not, what a ridiculous idea. You can't touch God-Tier Lost and Shit-Tier Lost was one of the biggest disappointments of my TV life.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love a sequel or companion series.
Lost exists in a really cool and interesting universe and I'd definitely enjoy watching it being explored again.

A reboot? No.

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
No. There was no plan at all in the series and they repeatedly lied telling fans there was one, stringing everyone along. Don't need round 2 of that nonsense, have no faith.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As admittedly dumb as this sounds, I love the original cast of characters so much that I wouldn't watch a new one without them.

Nov 1, 2017
The first five seasons of Lost are still five of the best seasons of tv ever (and p.s. the finale is great)

Rebooting it would be removing everything that made the original great and it would just feel like one of the many post-Lost shows that tried to replicate the structure and appeal of Lost and failed miserably

It's a bad idea. It's one of the least-rebootable shows in existence. It's the Back to the Future of tv.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
We dont have to go back, Hurley, Walt and Ben are there taking care of business.

Seriously though, it hasnt been long enough for a reboot.
What they should do is a show about Hurley Walt and Ben leading people to the island in improbable ways and messing with them while they decide who is worthty of guarding the island after them. While some militaries/private corporation try to take over the island. I might watch that.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I'm assuming 'reboot' means a show set in the same universe, not a remake. They know modern audiences gobble up that 'cinematic universe' shit.

"OH MY GOD DID YOU SEE THAT EASTER EGG, I TOTALLY NOTICED THAT EASTER EGG, COME WALK WITH ME TO THE WATER COOLER AND LET'S TALK ABOUT HOW OBSERVANT I AM!"

Deleted member 50193

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Ah, that's gonna be a hard No, Karey.

How about investing the money into a new series and giving it a chance to breathe.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
200.gif

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't mind a reboot if the reboot removes all the bad stuff from the later seasons or is entirely rewritten.

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
If it was a revival it could give the horrible X Files run some competition. As a complete reboot, eh it hasn't really been long enough has it? Plus do you stick with the same basic plot or not? Seems to be a lose lose situation all round.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not a reboot, no. A continuation? Sure. The adventures of immortal Hurley and Linus as gods of a creepy island, and suddenly new lost people arrive.

Its crazy that Lost wasnt continued on like Star Trek was.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Nah. If Westworld has taught me anything its that I don't have any interest in weekly mystery box shows. While Lost actually has likeable characters I don't want to go back.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Sure. The original had plenty of great content over the years, even there were issues and it didn't end well. As long as it's literally not just a rehash I would be interested.

AlanMoore

Feb 22, 2018
They should just get the same actors again and rte-do the last few seasons so I can rewatch it and not feel like shit after the fourth.

Oct 27, 2017
No, I don't need a reboot of Lost. And I really loved the series.
Something that is in a similar vibe sounds good, though. Something with an interesting cast of characters that are stuck together for whatever reason, there's some weird shit going down, and some big twists.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
No. The show had mostly solid production values, occasional wonky polar bear aside, and I don't think a reboot would help any of the issues it had. Maybe an edited down version removing some of the filler plotlines / stuff that didn't go anywhere?

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just finished rewatching the show, and I suppose I can understand some disdain for Season 6, but 4 and 5 are fucking great, 5 especially on rewatch. I like 6 too and I love the ending but that's a weaker season overall. The worst of the show is the middle of Season 3, the beginning and end of that one are great.

I'd be down for something set in the same universe, not a complete retelling. That wouldn't make sense considering the type of show it was. They can totally do something else with that island and new characters.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I dont want a reboot, but if they want to try something else in that universe, with new characters, new setting, new time frame, then maybe. They have carte blanche to do almost anything they want, and if they stamp some DHARMA logos on things it would make sense.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Everything unique about lost would be (ugh) lost if they try to do the same idea again, the principle mystery is gone. The only way forward is to make it so completely different that it's barely even related, and at that point why even call it Lost?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can't reboot it, the characters played by those specific actors was the main draw.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Everything unique about lost would be (ugh) lost if they try to do the same idea again, the principle mystery is gone. The only way forward is to make it so completely different that it's barely even related, and at that point why even call it Lost?
They'll just make up another story as they go about people on a mysterious island, easy.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you can capture that magic again. It didn't even last until the last season.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
They can do an anthology series instead with people being "lost" in other places that aren't an island.