• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
It's a short clip showing Darby Allen's character model and some gameplay. It's early and still kinda rough but that's enough to get me excited about a possible No Mercy successor.

New Footage

Last edited:

jpv_13

Oct 30, 2017
Looks like a Yuke's wrestling game to me...still not sure if that's good or bad.

msboo001

Oct 25, 2017
from the AEW OT:

Just the clip of the console game only

Yup, looks like a Yuke's game. but it could be a good Yuke's game

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I really like the look of it and obviously it's still maybe in late alpha phase but i like what i am seeing.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Getting Day of Reckoning or Wrestle Kingdom vibes which those games always felt like a middle ground between Smackdown and No Mercy. Interesting, really looking forward to seeing more.

sportz103

Oct 26, 2017
Is there no physics engine at all? At this point I totally get not having things like the apron, ropes, etc animate. But it looks like every animation is handcrafted and causes weird delays as they load, and lead to things like clipping already. Things like physics and smoothing between animation keyframes seem like big things to have not added yet.

Lights look pretty though on the stage.

Oct 16, 2020
Looks like a Yuke's wrestling game to me...still not sure if that's good or bad.
Yukes were passionate devs who were crushed by having to make a game a year for decades.
They've taken a risk, severed their old ties and given themselves time to make something good.

They really could be compared to a wrestler that had to play a bad gimmick and spewed terrible pre-written promos moving promotion for a chance to prove themselves.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Not a bad start, but too little to pass any judgement yet. I was never a fan of Yukes' efforts with WWE. The last one I played was Here Comes the Pain, which I actually only rented. I was curious if it was any good. It didn't compel me to buy. I wanted No Mercy or Wrestlemania 2000 style gameplay.

It's interesting to see more realistic proportions than what we saw in the reveal. I mean at the end of the day, if it looks good and plays decent, that matters more than an artistic choice.

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
lets see how this turns out... seems like its still gonna be a while til it comes out hopefully early next year.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Is there no physics engine at all? At this point I totally get not having things like the apron, ropes, etc animate. But it looks like every animation is handcrafted and causes weird delays as they load, and lead to things like clipping already. Things like physics and smoothing between animation keyframes seem like big things to have not added yet.

it looks like it's barely in alpha, give it a break

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Looks like a good mix of WWE All Stars and Def Jam Vendetta but slightly more grounded WCW/NWO style

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
Not sure i liked what I saw just now
lookes like it had PS2 tier animations and body physics
I was hoping for something like UFC4

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
Looks great! I'm into the "action figure without looking like roided-up monsters" look they're going for and the fluidity between move transitions plus the impact of the moves themselves is looking pretty nice. It's actually giving me Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 vibes for some reason.

This better come to Switch.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
That's a Yuke's game alright. Nothing else for me to say. Not excited, not disappointed, just yeah that's them.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
They just have to make the game not be an annual title. That's what killed those WWE games over time. I don't think these developers have much time to really improve upon things if that release schedule is kept. Just give me some wrestler packs and come back in 2-3 years with big improvements.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
I just noticed the crowd standing completely still and staring silently at the match and had a good laugh.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Even though Darby is a very skinny guy he looks less chunky and more realistic than the wrestlers in the reveal. I wonder if this is a stylistic chain or it's just how Darby looks.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017

This game was first revealed in November so development started within the past year? I think we still have another year and a half at least before this thing ships. Especially since they're starting zero during a pandemic and generational shift no less.

I mean, if this ships next year that would be a pretty quick turn around so early 2023 seems more likely to me. The development churn is a big part of why Yukes didn't want to do WWE games anymore so I doubt they would have made this deal if they were back to a WWE-like churn. All that is to say I feel like they probably have time to iron out the kinks but who knows? Maybe this thing comes out and is a total mess?

With that in mind I wonder if they'll aim to make this a live game? Seems like that would make sense but considering none of the people involved have experience with making a live game I'm curious how that will go? Also live games only work if you can build a big enough audience to support them.