Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
They killed Prof X and Wolverine while making Cyclops into a terrible villian. Marvel really attempted to torpedo xmen. Like I said it didn't stick but they put in the effort.

During the same period they killed Spider-Man and Iron Man, depowered Thor, turned Captain America into a Nazi and Nick Fury into a villain- were they sabotaging the Avengers brand too? That's not targeting the X-Men; its business as usual. X-Men fans just pretend otherwise.

There were two Wolverines running around after 616 Logan died, including one that was just Logan again.

Last edited:

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Ah right. I confused production and distribution. So it's just Disney not wanting to share revenue with Universal?
Yea pretty much. Disney can make a stand-alone hulk movie but they will have to share the profits. Universal can't do anything with the ip other than to sell the distribution rights back to Disney but I assume they are asking for too much money.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
X-Men/Doctor Doom are almost a given to come in future seasons of MvC: Infinite. They're not going to start over and release MvC4 any time soon. I'm also hoping for a re-release of MvC2

Diplo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Florida
Yeah, the possibility of X-Men video games is one of the few bright spots of the deal. There's a lot of potential there.

alexiswrite

Oct 27, 2017
What about what Disney has done with Marvel and Starwars games makes you think you can expect good Xmen games in the future?

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you're quite as likely to get X-Men games in specific as you are to see Marvel continue licensing out all of their characters at once, including the X-Men.

Mind, there will probably be some.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Marvel hasn't really shown a huge huge interest in game stuff to be honest. I wouldn't reach too much into it. At most this means they might open up the roster a tiny bit more for MvC in the future.

To be fair most of the big Marvel projects haven't even come out yet. Spider-Man is next year and seems poised to be huge, while Square Enix has effectively pivoted several of its studios to work on AAA Avengers games. Even last year the Marvel Games' manager said Spider-Man was just the start of a "huge ambitious project."

I do reckon it'll be a while before X-Men is folded into this grand plan, though. The Fantastic Four could easily be weaseled into a Spider-Man DLC or something but the X-Men need a bit more time and space. Maybe in a couple years.

Xaero Gravity

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If antitrust laws don't get in the way of this like they did the AT&T and Time Warner merger, then I hope this finally leads to a Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3/successor that doesn't fall flat on it's face ala Marvel Heroes.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe now Capcom can finally release the X-Men characters everyone forgot about it in Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite! This needs to happen asap imo!

I doubt we will see any X-Men games for awhile though since the deal just went through. Atleast 2 years before we get something. But this is very good news regarding the Games, Movies, and especially the Comics!

Just rebrand MVCI like the Arcade update SFV is getting.

This is their best option imo. Just rebrand the game as the Arcade Edition or X-Men edition when they are done working on the next character pack. There were already some leaks about wanting to make some changes to the look of the game along with a bunch of new characters.

KnightHero117

Oct 26, 2017
can we now have a real Marvel vs Capcom collection which includes everything and xmen: children of atom please?

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I hope you like mobile games, because the only way Marvel/Disney releases anything game-related is through there.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
If we get a new X-Men Legends game I will cry tears of joy. Buckets of them. My heart has been full of hope for the first time in YEARS that maybe just maybe it's possible now. Feels so good.

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, did 20th Century Fox own video game rights for X-Men? I thought it was just the movie rights.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like Marvel is pumping out Avenger games. Doubt there'll be much change except for any future MvC roster

They are starting to. Spider-Man looks great and we have a AAA Avengers game coming from Crystal Dynamics + Eidos Montreal and a second Marvel AAA coming from another Square Studio. Marvel had some press release where they said they were dedicated to bringing new epic full scale games.

Deleted member 1777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More of these please:
ivR7yBz.gif

I just want to see this get re-released, at least on PC. That version whilst being pretty barebones was solid enough and ran pretty well. I lost my disk copy during a house move ages ago :( Would love a digital re-release.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Gimme another M-rated Wolverine game. I'm shocked we never got a sequel after how well that performed critically and I assume it did well financially.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Cyclops, Gambit, Wolverine, Psylocke, Storm, Deapool or Magneto as new characters for MvC Infinite would be a good start

PaypayTR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i would kill for a proper mua 3 in veins of 1 instead of shallow 2. 1 was a love project from devs from every point and easter egg. Heck which games on earth lets you use bumper car with hulk against your ai friends of deadpool,thing and wolverine

Damn that game was fricking awesome and made cool a lot of characters like iron man, dr strange, deadpool

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
someone said to just kill MvC:I and move on with MvC4.

i agree with that someone. Bring everyone over from MvC:I with new art (2.5d?) and add in some X-Men/F4.

That makes no sense...if anything pulling a Street Fighter V Arcade Edition upgrade is the best and most profitable option: why build a new car when the only thing damaged is the tires?

The gameplay is fantastic as a base but it had a shit roster at launch either due to licensing issues that are now worked out with this deal or a plan to treat the game like SFV all along with continuous updates: the roster plus DLC is actually great now Xmen and Doom notwithstanding.

Even if the game had the roster of UMVC3 at launch I doubt it would have sold better than it did with so little marketing.

Honestly what bums me out the most is the fact that Disney Infinity got cancelled...this would be a perfect time to release a flood of FF and X-men toys with the game.

OP
OP
Bishop89

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I don't think they would hand over the rights to one publisher like Ea and star wars.

I'd guess it'd be like Spider-Man and insomnia / Sony

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
That makes no sense...if anything pulling a Street Fighter V Arcade Edition upgrade is the best and most profitable option: why build a new car when the only thing damaged is the tires?

The gameplay is fantastic as a base but it had a shit roster at launch either due to licensing issues that are now worked out with this deal or a plan to treat the game like SFV all along with continuous updates: the roster plus DLC is actually great now Xmen and Doom notwithstanding.

Even if the game had the roster of UMVC3 at launch I doubt it would have sold better than it did with so little marketing.

Honestly what bums me out the most is the fact that Disney Infinity got cancelled...this would be a perfect time to release a flood of FF and X-men toys with the game.

The gameplay is pretty good (although I could do without the infinity stones tbfh) but my main concern is the horrid art style. If you're telling me that DLC can update the art direction then sure, let's go in the directional of DLC.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Disney now owns the Mega Man and Street Fighter film rights. Marvel Vs. Capcom movie let's go

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
I'm mostly wondering if this means anything for Xbox BC and/or HD ports of stuff like The simpsons Arcade game, the X-Men arcade game, or the older MvC games. The Disney game publishing division seems to be all for Xbox BC at least, so maybe there's potential there.