AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Happy to see a variety of genres and not just shooty bang-bang games. There's not enough fantasy takes on sports (SSX type games) though I guess All Stars maybe fits that category.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Athia is probably releasing sooner than later, but the trailer also just said "in development" rather than coming 2021 like all those other games so dunno if it'll actually hit next year. Would be nice though. Maybe it targets late 2021 with a possible slip to 2022.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Love the music in the trailer showing some awesome games. Especially happy about GT7 confirmation that the game is exclusive to PS5 and not coming to last gen.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I believe Imran said it's coming sooner than some think when it was revealed. Of course he didn't give a specific timeline on that, but it doesn't sound like it's years away as some thought (or never coming out at all like Maximillian thought when it was revealed).

Well, admittedly any time I see "Project" before a title my mind immediately goes to 'waaaaay early in development that we don't have an actual name yet'.

I'd love to be wrong on this and see Project Athia as an actual game in, say, 2022 (as I could see XVI being late 2021 and VIIR-2 being maybe 2023). The trailer looks interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing what Luminous can do post-XV.

RPGamer2

Jul 19, 2018
I dont think Sony would be showcasing these games if they are a couple years out. We're 20 days from 2021, so it looks like these are for next year.

Shifty360

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 3, 2020
Their 2021 line up is going to be hard to match, especially impressive as its the first year of the console.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully we get a new trailer for Ratchet with release date at the The Game Awards.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
pretty hype trailer. ghostwire tokyo might be my most anticipated right now, it looks so trippy

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, dumb decision. Not doubting GG, it'll still look incredible, but being cross-gen will always be lingering over it.

Why? The PS4 is X86 and isn't some unique architecture like the PS3 or the other PlayStation console before it. It really shouldn't be all that different from how games are made to run on a metric shit load of platforms on pc. We already have clear cut evidence that being developed for last gen doesn't impact things like taking advantage of the SSD.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Cool Trailer and since I don't have a PS5 yet and probably won't in the near future, I can at least be excited that I can play Ghostwire, Deathloop and Athia on my PC. Wonder what stores they will be on?

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Horizon is the only one I'd buy for €80. Launch prices just put a damper on things. Can't wait to play Horizon and God of War though. Hopefully they're both coming next year.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Horizon Forbidden West just says PlayStation exclusive, more transparency would be nice is it timed exclusive like the first game so to PC again later?
Since it's a 1st party game, they can call it "exclusive" up to the point where they decide to make a PC port, and then announce it.

It being a cross-gen game, and Sony pushing Zero Dawn everywhere on PC (including a GOG release) would suggest it's more likely than not it'll happen, but we won't know anything (and shouldn't be assuming anything) until they announce it. Or it leaks, *shrug*

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Cool trailer but tbh it seems silly advertising a console that literally cannot be bought at any legitimate store (I'm not counting ebay)

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I know things got all thrown out of whack because of COVID, but I wish we had at least ONE big game coming with a release date. I know Deathloop is tied down, but I can't play shooters without getting nauseous so as it stands I'm just staring into the abyss of PS5 releases hoping for more details on Ragnarok, Horizon, Ratchet, GT7, etc.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Cool trailer but tbh it seems silly advertising a console that literally cannot be bought at any legitimate store (I'm not counting ebay)

...are you serious?

People in this forum are buying daily from various "legit" retailers. They said this is their most successful launch ever. Of course they're going to be advertising for it.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Is Forbidden West going to be DLC for H:ZD, or will it be a standalone like Miles Morales? Does Frozen Wilds ever go on sale?

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Please tell me where the console is available so I can buy one. Thanks
Go read the "Last Chance" thread's most recent page or two and you'll find people successfully buying them at PS Direct on Friday, handful getting them at Wal Mart over the weekend, people receiving orders from Best Buy, Target and Gamestop orders from a week or so ago...it's absolutely hard to find, and I'm not denying that, but to say that Sony shouldn't be advertising their wildly successful console because they can't keep it in stock is odd.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
Is Forbidden West going to be DLC for H:ZD, or will it be a standalone like Miles Morales? Does Frozen Wilds ever go on sale?
Horizon Forbidden West is a full blown sequel. Unsure about the dlc specifically but HZD complete edition goes on sale quite often, its also now on PS Now to download.

OP
OP
SolidSnakex

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

FW is a full sequel to the original, you can see the II in its logo here

downloadmmj5i.jpg

This is the updated logo for the original game

tau29iraun851abj5p.jpg