• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i cant get over the trench + suit combo... i hope she kicks a lot of ass in the third act.

love marvel's commitment to the history - using steve rogers, howard stark, captain marvel & ant-man to flesh out the world pre-2008

Deleted member 44288

User requested account closure
Banned
May 30, 2018
I know they have to promote the film and this would be a horrible way to do it but I thought it would be clever if they made the movie posters playing card size, or just something really tiny and hard to see unless up close.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Captain Marvel is set in the 90's. That's not between IW and A4, though I'm sure there'll be a credit scene set right after the events of IW that show her receiving Fury's message that she needs to hightail it back to Earth.

I thought he meant if actual movies were coming out between the two Avengers, not chronologically wise.

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
Well she is only 40...

3xM0lrT.png
I am so confused. So she was like 2 years old in Grease 2? I didn't think she looked that young.

Oct 26, 2017
Confirms that time still works the same in the microverse.

I assume when they return back, the events from the end of IW will be happening.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
exactly... all the group games end on 28th june, the last 16 games end on 3rd july, and the quarter finals end on 7th july... so basically they've put the film back one month because of the semi's and the final??? (which is basically 4 matches over an 8 day period)
Dunno what is in the UK movie slate around then, maybe Incredibles 2?

I know Mexico has the same release date as US and JP/China is in August. So I dunno what gives in the EU?

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
Dunno what is in the UK movie slate around then, maybe Incredibles 2?

I know Mexico has the same release date as US and JP/China is in August. So I dunno what gives in the EU?

just had a look:

6th july - the first purge
13th july - skyscraper
13th july - incredibles 2
20th july - hotel artemis
yep... there it is... the one feige knows to stay away from in the UK... 20th july - mamma mia: here we go again
27th july - mission impossible:fallout

blimey, after ant man there is genuinely jack shit for a month, and all the kids are out of school

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Because Janet Van Dyne is arguably the most genuine and enthusiastic hero on the Avengers' roster. It would be such a massive disservice to who she is.

has Feige ever swerved on a hero?

i feel like every MCU hero has been the definitive version. Janet will be battle hardened from years in the multiverse, but still Janet at her core.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017

i feel like every MCU hero has been the definitive version. Janet will be battle hardened from years in the multiverse, but still Janet at her core.
I'm putting my trust in Feige, but I'm still worried. It would really, really suck if one of the original Avengers was turned into a villain (tragically insane or otherwise) in the MCU.

Hope Van Dyne is great in MCU, but Janet deserves better than to be turned into a villain for the sake of a twist.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Janet rules in every other adaptation. I hope they do her character right.
Especially when she still can be the one who coined the "Avengers" term

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver

They've always nailed their hero characters, if not by adhering to the spirit of the comicbook counterpart, then by adding to it. People like Star Lord or Drax are maybe the exceptions, and those characters are only made more interesting as a result of those changes. Even Hank Pym, despite his changes, still feels like a believably tired and disheveled Hank.

But Hope is the weird exception by the nature of having aged up her father, but Marvel still wanting a Wasp figure for Scott to play against. Hope was never Wasp in the comics, she was only a villain in an alternate future storyline. There isn't much storied history of the character for them to pull from. As a result, alot of what we see of her on-screen is essentially a fresh character beyond some clear moments of angst and aggression in the first film.

Can you imagine what 30+ years of being in the quantum realm/microverse does to your brain? She's def going to be the hidden villain.
It's one thing for her to be mentally messed up or unbalanced, it's another thing entirely to turn her into someone maniacal or outright evil. Either way, it would really suck to just do away with her by the end of this film. Either she's in need of rehabilitation because the microverse messed her up, or she's now the new mentor figure to stand-in for a dead Hank or something. But just making her evil would really fucking suck.

Oct 25, 2017

In the original comics it's something like Hank has some accident which turns him into Yellowjacket, where he's a dick to and kidnaps Janet. And then Janet decides to marry Yellowjacket, but then reveals to the other avengers it's actually Hank and he's regained his memory or some nonsense. It was weirdly soap opera-y plot twists for 60s Marvel. Slayven would probably have a better rundown.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jan ain't coming back evil, this is just the MCU's take on her staying in the microverse for 2 years.