TibimusPrime

Nov 26, 2017
It's a cool idea, i'm more curious about what they'll be able to implement with these avatars, like 1vs100, and other stuff.

Kimura

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
make a smash bro brawler type thing where you make your own fighting styles! and a kart racer!

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Ah shit. Still in beta. Worked myself up to level 10 in just 6 months but it's the end of the line without an invite. :(

Hope they implement them well and have ideas for avatars.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They need a version of Nintendoland but for the new Avatars. Throw in a kart racing game, 1v100, tennis, jetski, snowboarding etc.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm for some reason I thought they looked better than this in the announcements. Looks like a good upgrade from the old ones still.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New avatars look slick, now all we need is Avatar games. Underrated feature but I loved using my avatar in certain XBLA games. Bomberman Live Battlefest, the Kefling games, Joy Ride Turbo, Motorsport Madness, etc. all allowed you to use your own avatar instead of "generic" in-game characters, which felt great. I can see the potential in this even for Disney/Pixar games, imagine being able to create your own avatar and use it in a Frozen, Moana, etc. world. They gotta build upon this.

And of course 1v100, avatar kart racers and an avatar Battle Royale, thanks.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I don't have an Xbox but love how neat the Avatars look. I remember on the 360 days they were pretty prominent when scrolling through the dash (back when everything was in that scroll wheel style). Is that still the case or did they go the Switch route and make them less prominent?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I don't have an Xbox but love how neat the Avatars look. I remember on the 360 days they were pretty prominent when scrolling through the dash (back when everything was in that scroll wheel style). Is that still the case or did they go the Switch route and make them less prominent?

They only appear in a Couple of places in the dashboard now, profile pages and achievement comparisons.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Call me crazy. But I think it would be neat if PlayStation teamed up with Bitmoji for an Avatar system for PlayStation. It would be less work for a Sony and Bitmoji's already have 3D models.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Please MS, make some Avatar games, 1v100 BR style. Racing, bball, football... The possibilities are endless.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I sincerely hope it's not mandatory.
I've never been into these Avatars games, but I'll try them if they're out on Gamepass I guess.

On the other hand, I'd love to see my Halo 4 reveal Chief's avatar costume again.

This is the most confusing post I have seen in months.

Avatars have been on XB1 since forever and have not been mandatory.
Why would you want them on GamePass....what exactly does GamePass have to do with anything?

You can go see your Halo 4 Chief Avatar costume right now.

It feels like you are really confused or lost?

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this means that we will hear more about "Xbox Careers" soon and hopefully the rewards are not just Avatar stuff.

chasingclouds

Jan 5, 2018
England, U.K.
Aww that's actually really disappointing, I have so many awesome avatar awards unlocked from various 360 games that no way do I want to lose it all just to use the new look avatars! Will they not transfer all the gear over at a later date? I thought they were all about back compatibility!

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
This is the most confusing post I have seen in months.

Avatars have been on XB1 since forever and have not been mandatory.
Why would you want them on GamePass....what exactly does GamePass have to do with anything?

You can go see your Halo 4 Chief Avatar costume right now.

It feels like you are really confused or lost?
I remember avatars were mandatory on the Xbox 360. So I don't want it to be forced on people who don't wish to use it on the XBX.

If Avatar games were on Gamepass, I'd try it out.

That's all I'm saying.

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like a major diverse feature is not represented at all: Age. Why do I have to look like a ten year old wearing a costume (pirate)? At least give us some wrinkles like the old avatars already had.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
The beta is currently up through Insider Content on the Xbox Insider Hub.

ZQan8Vq.png

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's even worse than expected. If this is what they come up with after almost a year of delay:

- no aging options
- not enough hair options
- hair glitches through bodies
- inclusive designs magically disappear if you wear actual trousers/shirts (you can wear a sport short if you only have one leg and that's it)
- no import of existing outfits/gear
- no scars

I'd say it is worse than old avatars in every way except clothes modifications (colors). Nah, I'm gonna stick with my LeChuck suit and parrot, the damn things cost me $10. I won't give them up after 10 years.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
It's even worse than expected. If this is what they come up with after almost a year of delay:

- no aging options
- not enough hair options
- hair glitches through bodies
- inclusive designs magically disappear if you wear actual trousers/shirts (you can wear a sport short if you only have one leg and that's it)
- no import of existing outfits/gear
- no scars

I'd say it is worse than old avatars in every way except clothes modifications (colors). Nah, I'm gonna stick with my LeChuck suit and parrot, the damn things cost me $10. I won't give them up after 10 years.

Do you know what Beta means?

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
In our day and time? Demo. As I said, it's been delayed almost a year. If this is the result, that's just sad.

So you think this is a demo?
Even better for the point Im trying to make.

But looking beyond your flippant response this is a Beta, it wont have all the features and instead of insulting the devs do what the Insider program was designed for and give feedback.

How many Avatar programs have you developed for you to be confident that these result are sad and not enough?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

They certainly look better, but I'm not sure if I prefer them over the regular ones.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
I hope they bring this to PC soon. I kinda missed my Avatar. My dude is probably rocking the ODST shirt and 343 Guilty Spark prop.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Always good to see so many people pining for 1vs100. Come on Microsoft. Far more people want it than Battletoads.

Dee Bill

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Avatars are awesome and these new models look very good. The thing is, we need games that use them. Where are the Doritos Crash Course, 1 vs 100, Joy Ride... ???

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
I was surprised MS didn't show this at E3, good for them. I hope something is coming out to use these avatars besides just for profiles.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
Hi, this EBGames? I would like to preorder the Doritos Crash Course Xtreme Collectors Edition
42843206742_7f63ccc7d3_o.png

Will probably change it when it releases and more options are added.