banter

Jan 12, 2018
This is it though, I think this is Bioware's make or break moment. A new logo for a new outlook. They're (attempting at) revamping Anthem and going to give Mass Effect another go. If they go well, Bioware will absolutely be back in the spotlight as a great developer. If they don't, well knowing EA, they'll probably be shuttered. Personally I hope they pull through. I'd like to see Anthem become something good, it's a great idea with horrible execution. As for Mass Effect, it's one of my favorite franchises of all time, so obviously I'd like to see it back in its prime.

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
I think this looks fantastic. And how they are implementing content and screenshots inside of it is really smart way of giving it context.

Great work for the rebranding team.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP

bioware_posters.jpg

Is this fan made or official? That black "Your" text against the blue background can't be real.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
As far as new logo designs go, it's not too bad. Lots of companies have done much worse.

rainz

Nov 1, 2017
Meh.. its..ok?
Would like to see their style guide thats about 30 pages and rationale behind including the characters in there. Seems a bit heavy handed but meh.
An agency got paid bank for this and it probably took a year.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
310-3102623_file-bioware-logo-hach-rose-logo.png

The old game logo was a lot of what's bad with game company logos... Particularly western devs who needed these sorta...aggressive and bold fonts to appeal to dude-bros across the North America.

The old logo was the 'bad part' of "geeky". New one is definitely more professional and I like the flexibility.

parski

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 13, 2017

The old game logo was a lot of what's bad with game company logos... Particularly western devs who needed these sorta...aggressive and bold fonts to appeal to dude-bros across the North America.

The old logo was the 'bad part' of "geeky". New one is definitely more professional and I like the flexibility.
Because it has sharp serifs? Give me a break. It has personality and legacy compared to the bland super generic new one. Regression for sure. Conveys only a death sentence.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
As long as they don't slap any images into the B, the new one is fine, IMO. It's ugly when they do it, just like it was ugly when DC did it.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Don't understand people bemoaning the death of "old BioWare". that company hasn't existed for over a decade now. I hope this EA subsidiary can make some better selling games soon, otherwise, they'll face closure, which would be sad for the people working there unless EA can offer them other positions.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018

Love Bioware but godness gracious who the fuck thought of that logo. Looks like something a 12 yo would do for their gaming youtube channel with 50 suscribers.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
B stand for BAD I presume?

Don't like the design, seems too slick, like something for a crypto-currency or silicon valley tech company.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Incredible.
Even a plain text logo can't escape the stupid "western Dude Bro" slander

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017

I see people having a go at you with this, but you are absolutely right. The old logo fit right into the old marketing for games which was completely guy focused. The new one feels a lot more open and neutral.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a western dude bro and am sad that their old logo is gone now.

Hey bro you gonna get the new mass effect bro? I hear you can bang mad chicks bro

Nahhhh dude they fucked up the bioware logo. It's too corporate and nerdy, like it's not western anymore dude

Shit bro you're right

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey bro you gonna get the new mass effect bro? I hear you can bang mad chicks bro

Nahhhh dude they fucked up the bioware logo. It's too corporate and nerdy, like it's not western anymore dude

Shit bro you're right
This was this morning's water cooler conversation to a tee!

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say that blue is horrendous. I would have gone with that cyan they did for the Mass Effect one or like a pink. Like generally kept it to either bold or light shades, not mix both.

Featuring unforgettable BioWare heroes like the Inquisitor and Casey Hudson, I see.

Yeah that looks so goofy to me. "What game is that?"

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
They went from bland to even more bland. But I love crazy overdesigned logos, so I'm not the target audience (is there a target audience for logos?).

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Shit bro you're right
It looks exactly like it came from the type of company that made this shot :P
b89.png

New logo is way less harsh, and even if you didnt like my assessment, it was definitely in need of a change, for a game company the logo was rough and way more edgy (literally and figuratively) than it needed to be (its a kinda cheesy sci fi font)

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks exactly like it came from the type of company that made this shot :P
b89.png

New logo is way less harsh, and even if you didnt like my assessment, it was definitely in need of a change, for a game company the logo was rough and way more edgy (literally and figuratively) than it needed to be (its a kinda cheesy sci fi font)

I don't think BioWare ever has had a good logo, but I hate the phrase "dude bro"

artemis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Reads like a parody.