• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
SOMMTuw.png

From the Japanese MK8D site. Thought this warranted its own thread. Make your bets on who will be the next character joining in Wave 5.

www.nintendo.co.jp

マリオカート8 デラックス コース追加パス | Nintendo Switch | 任天堂

Nintendo Switch『マリオカート8 デラックス』の有料追加コンテンツ『マリオカート8 デラックス コース追加パス』の公式サイトです。

KentaSnorlax

Oct 27, 2017
So we are getting 1 new character in each of the remaining waves? There are 2 more waves after the upcoming one right?

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
If I buy the booster pass, I'd get everything plus the upcoming waves right? There's no way I'm getting that premium switch online and if I can get everything for $25 that's cool. I also wanna play as Birdo.

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
Nice! This should have been the case since Wave 1, hope it's not limited only to one character per Wave

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
The most likely are Diddy and Petey. Diddy in particular should have been in the base game. It's really weird that he wasn't there, and then wasn't part of the DLC or part of Deluxe's newcomers.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Still aligning with the idea that they're using this dlc to train a new team !

Anyway we need Kamek

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Most likely scenario is Petey Piranha and Diddy, as Tour just revealed a new track themed after Petey and datamines suggest it's also getting a new original DK track down the line, both of which will inevitably show up in MK8D as well.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Birdo's a good start, just need Diddy Kong so we have a roster that doesn't have any more blatant snubs, Mario Kart 8's base roster was so bad for doing these two dirty.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
THEY SHOULD'VE DONE THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE! GOD!

Please add characters newly added to Tour, please. If they're adding Tour courses, it just makes sense. Dixie, Kamek, and Pauline need to happen. Also, add E. Gadd to Tour so he can join MK8D too.

For past characters, Diddy is obvious, but I really wanna see Petey and R.O.B.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
How is the next Mario Kart possibly going to top MK8 Deluxe?

The game is going to have 70 tracks, and now we're getting another 4 characters on top of that.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Give me Kamek

And Petey. He'll probably come whenever Pirahna Plant Cove is added.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
The obvious additions are Paratroopa and Dixie Kong. Everywhere, even in this thread, they're the only characters people are asking for, Nintendo!

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Once it's done I bet they sell some "Complete" Edition on the next Switch. The ride is never gonna end.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do we think tour costumes are fair game? Waluigi needs his Bus Driver garb.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Could we get new items added instead...

It's not like anyone online will pick any character besides Waluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Man I don't even know where they go after this game. No doubt next Mario kart is 2025 at the EARLIEST but this is shaping up to be the perfect Mario kart

If they ever added ds mission mode and double dash 2 player co op, it would be pretty much Mario kart ultimate

My guess is the next kart, which is far off, will have a much bigger emphasis on guest characters and tracks. Like smash bros, where Link, Villager, Sonic, Pac-Man, etc get invites to enter the Mario Kart league idk

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
I'm frankly surprised we're even getting new characters so far down the line. Bring as many of 'em back as you can.