DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
www.animenewsnetwork.com

President-Elect of Chile Receives a Squirtle as Administration's Starter Pokémon

Minister of State for Foreign Affairs of Japan Kiyoshi Odawara gifted the Pokémon to President-Elect Boric

The 36-year-old Font has previously shared that he's a fan of anime and the Water-type Pokémon was his starter of choice when he played the original games. He wrote on Instagram, "I will travel all across the land, searching far and wide 🎶 Thank you Japan for this Squirtle!"

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Smart. He'll beat Brock's gym easy and Squirtle's non-water moves will help against Misty.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
if it's not known, I think he is a confessed Otaku.

back on topic, Charmander is right there tho

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
dunno his platform but i want to support anyone who picks a water starter

fire types are for dorks

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
So is Bulbasaur throwing the kid into the water or saving them? It's unclear
As a plant pokemon, Bulbasaur is inherently evil and what it is doing is much more insidious.

It is using the baby as a lure to make the mother jump into the water in an attempt to save it thus drowning them both

Say no to plant Pokemon.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Bulbasaur da bess

That said, none of the gen 1 starters are the wrong choice.

Now subsequent gens on the other hand, there be some wrong choices alright.

(and I ain't some gen wunner nostalgia baby. Gen 1's overall pretty spotty. But them's just the fax)

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Best starter, cute plushie.

For those asking, Boric is from Convergencia Social, one of the left-leaning parties that emerged from students' protests and formed the Frente Amplio a few years ago. They won the presidency for the first time through Apruebo Dignidad, the coalition they made with a few older parties and movements like PC.

On paper this should be the most left-leaning administration since the seventies - obv with a way younger discourse - but Congress' realities forced them to kinda pact with the center-left so, we'll see.

Bengraven