rude

Oct 25, 2017
the very first fucking line is obvious exposition. this dude just can't write a plot heavy movie any other way can he?

i like the music tho

Oct 25, 2017
the very first fucking line is obvious exposition. this dude just can't write a plot heavy movie any other way can he?

i like the music tho
Exposition being exposition isn't a bad thing by default.

Rewatched Inception yesterday with some of more cynical Era's complaints in mind. What exactly is bad about discussing the concepts and feelings behind things?

Oct 25, 2017
the song was good.

interesting that they seemingly haven't really spoiled the money shots from some of these action scenes, by the look of it. i keep waiting for the "oh shit" moment in one of these trailers, and it never comes.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Why is half the trailer made up of his previous films lol
lol since i can't read chinese, the trailer made it seem like every recent Nolan movie is interconnected to Tenet.

They want to sell the movie to the Chinese audience by name dropping his previous works

It's basically a bunch of from someone who brought us to the dream world, reinvent superheroes, venture to space etc.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
the song was good.

interesting that they seemingly haven't really spoiled the money shots from some of these action scenes, by the look of it. i keep waiting for the "oh shit" moment in one of these trailers, and it never comes.

I'm sure the entire 3rd act will be mostly a surprise, just like he always does.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
The poster makes me think that Washington's character will also be the bad guy lol. Kinda ready to be mind fucked 🥴

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I wonder if they will stick to the "reverse" rules all the way through, or whether there'll be exceptions to make the plot work.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Exposition being exposition isn't a bad thing by default.

Rewatched Inception yesterday with some of more cynical Era's complaints in mind. What exactly is bad about discussing the concepts and feelings behind things?

yea but once I watched youtube video that said show don't tell so now all things that tell ever are bad

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
Presumably they won't be releasing a Blu-ray or digital version for home viewing.
No chance. They just want people to go see it in theaters during these times. Personally I can't stand this attitude, it's not like we have 24" CRTs anymore, and besides I guess this film was also designed to be viewed with 20 minutes of ads and a pop-corn break in the middle with even more ads (yeah that doesn't happen in the US but it does happen a lot in Europe). Thanks Nolan, I'll gladly pay for digital when it comes out.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
Presumably they won't be releasing a Blu-ray or digital version for home viewing.

The 4K UHD has a placeholder date for 1/21:

www.filmarena-eng.com

TENET (4K Ultra HD + 2 Blu-ray)

4K Ultra HD Blu-ray + Blu-ray TENET

And I don't get the scoffing at the "made for the big screen" comments--it is made for the big screen. The biggest screens possible. If you're shooting in 70mm, you're not thinking about Netflix streams or 65" televisions. I love directors that embrace this shit. I want to go to the movies and be visually assaulted. And this is coming from someone who has thousands spent on their home theater. I'm fucking bummed the NA release is delayed.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017

www.filmarena-eng.com

And I don't get the scoffing at the "made for the big screen" comments--it is made for the big screen. The biggest screens possible. If you're shooting in 70mm, you're not thinking about Netflix streams or 65" televisions. I love directors that embrace this shit. I want to go to the movies and be visually assaulted. And this is coming from someone who has thousands spent on their home theater. I'm fucking bummed the NA release is delayed.
Screen size doesn't matter. It's all about your viewing angle.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London

www.filmarena-eng.com

I was being tongue-in-cheek :) Just amused by the neverending insistence by Nolan that everyone should see this in cinemas.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
This is definitely going to start some kind of viral trend where people film dumb things in reverse and call it the "Tenet challenge."

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
www.indiewire.com

‘Tenet’ Has Under 300 VFX Shots: Nolan Says ‘It’s Lower Than Most Romantic Comedies’

By comparison, "Avengers: Endgame" had reportedly over 2,000 VFX shots.

Just how committed is Christopher Nolan to using practical effects? Fans already know the director purchased a real Boeing 747 airplane so that he could blow it up on camera in "Tenet," but it appears Nolan's commitment to practical effects hits a new high in his upcoming tentpole. Speaking to ICG Magazine this month, "Tenet" editor Jennifer Lame estimated the final cut of "Tenet" has under 300 visual effects shots. Nolan told ICG, "The visual side of the film is huge in scale, but our VFX shot count is probably lower than most romantic comedies."

By comparison, "Avengers: Endgame" had reportedly over 2,000 VFX shots. The under-300 number is also low for Nolan himself. "The Dark Knight Rises" had 450 VFX shots according to VFX supervisor Paul Franklin, while Wired reports "Batman Begins" had 620 VFX shots and "Inception" had around 500.

Coolyprue

Jul 31, 2020
I hope it gets shelved because it won't come to cinemas and Nolan won't have it any other way.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
tenor.gif