• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yurikerr

Oct 25, 2017
Miss our Black Friday deals? Here's another chance to save on PS4 Pro and PlayStation VR.

Starting this Sunday, December 10, we have a number of PlayStation deals in the U.S. for you to keep an eye out for.

If you haven't already picked up a PlayStation VR or PS4 system for that special someone (or yourself), we've got some new PS VR bundle deals starting at $199.99 (MSRP), as well as PS4 Pro starting at $349.99 (MSRP), which is $50 less than the regular MSRP.

From Sunday, December 10, through Sunday, December 24

From Sunday, December 10, through Saturday, December 16, the MSRP of PlayStation 4 Pro systems, including bundles, will be $50 off the regular suggested retail price.
  • PS4 Pro 1TB Jet Black Console
    • $349.99 (MSRP) // Regular Price: $399.99 (MSRP)
  • Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront ll PS4 Pro Bundle
    • $399.99 (MSRP) // Regular Price: $449.99 (MSRP)
  • Limited Edition Destiny 2 PS4 Pro bundle
    • $399.99 (MSRP) // Regular Price: $449.99 (MSRP)
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...deals-for-ps4-pro-and-playstation-vr-systems/

Last edited:

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Arrogant Sony.

(Seriously, though, really aggressive deals here. Jump on that PSVR headset if you haven't already.)

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No cheap PS4 Slim? Even though it was sold out on wednesday already? Way before Black Friday.
Ugh.....one thing is for sure. They won't "win" December NPD with that. Gonna be last/third.

Oct 27, 2017
Incredible value for the PS VR GT Sport bundle, but too bad the 199$ PS4 is not coming back for a limited period in December. The NPD thread was quite healthy last month when the PS4 was sold for that magic price :D

Pushing only the PS4 Pro during such a period when the price is king is kinda interesting and unexpected to me.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
OP should note the PSVR bundles go from 12/10 to 12/24, unlike the PS4 Pros that are 12/10 to 12/16.

For those wanting all of the stuff needed for PSVR, minus Aim controller, the Skyrim bundle is the best with two Move controllers, the camera, new V2 headset, Skyrim VR, and the new demo disc, though you can also download it and the first demo disc on PSN if you don't want to put in a disc to play them.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Weird the PS4 slim 199 isn't coming back. I was positive they would repeat that deal one more time leading to Christmas. Guess the profit margin is too low on those plus they probably want to push the game bundles especially the Star Wars ones.

OP
OP
Yurikerr

Yurikerr

Oct 25, 2017
No cheap PS4 Slim? Even though it was sold out on wednesday already? Way before Black Friday.
Ugh.....one thing is for sure. They won't "win" December NPD with that. Gonna be last/third.
I don't think they care too much about winning NPD. But shareholders sure love those sweet profits...

OP should note the PSVR bundles go from 12/10 to 12/24, unlike the PS4 Pros that are 12/10 to 12/16.

Thanks, just added there.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think they care too much about winning NPD. But shareholders sure love those sweet profits...
I wasn't talking about Sony caring about "wining NPD". I was talking about Sony definitely not winning NPD December now. Those PS4 Pro "deals" aren't good. And no PS4 Slim deal is lame as hell.

OP
OP
Yurikerr

Yurikerr

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't talking about Sony caring about "wining NPD". I was talking about Sony definitely not winning NPD December now.
Sorry, your original post doesn't seemed like you were implying they don't care.

IThose PS4 Pro "deals" aren't good. And no PS4 Slim deal is lame as hell.
Well, the Pro deals aren't awesome like PS4 slim black friday deals, but as a "premium console" against a $499 XBX that's a decent discount.

With the difference someone can buy 2 games and a extra controller.

Last edited:

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
With the Pro deals only running to the 16th unlike the PSVR deals, I think the Slim deal will come in the last stretch before Christmas.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So I m assuming they hit the target they wanted with 199 slim and that' why they r not renewing it

Oct 25, 2017
Weird the PS4 slim 199 isn't coming back. I was positive they would repeat that deal one more time leading to Christmas. Guess the profit margin is too low on those plus they probably want to push the game bundles especially the Star Wars ones.
Could be announced later. They may want to put Slim on sale for a shorter period of time.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The Skyrim VR bundle is no joke ... it contains everything you need (headset, camera, moves) and a $60 game. If you're thinking about buying PSVR that's the bundle you want.

Paronth

Oct 25, 2017
Good deals for people who want a PS4 Pro but no PS4 slim deal while the Xbox One S is at $189 and the Switch will sell a lot means PS4 will be last in December. Even last year the PS4 with Uncharted 4 was at $249 for 3 weeks.

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are pushing VR super hard this year. The games are there so good for them.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Those will come soon with the Star Wars bundle and new Cod ww2 bundle.

PS4 Slim push will begin on Sunday December 17th.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
Did EA add that VR Xwing mission to be available when purchasing the second game or just the first? If not, they should add that capability.

Oct 25, 2017
I was waiting for this. I'm sitting on $70 worth of reward certificates at Best Buy that I didn't have during Black Friday. Finally upgrading to the PS4 Pro

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm? That PSVR entry point is fantastic! It's half off with a great game. And the Pro price is great too. Do you mean this is bad for consumers or were you personally looking for a slim deal or something and missed out last week?
No, i'm just supersized there is no deal for slim at all! the console was selling for 249$ in some offers since February, and now in the biggest month of the year and they didn't make any discounts?! weird.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

lol they can go ahead and lose the December NPD with 70mil + sold already

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017

I think there will be a discount of the Battlefront Bundle to help market the film release. Maybe they wont win NPD but they'll 'win' Worldwide regardless.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
No, i'm just supersized there is no deal for slim at all! the console was selling for 249$ in some offers since February, and now in the biggest month of the year and they didn't make any discounts?! weird.
Pro deal is running to the 16th, Slim deal is coming after probably. Likely a Star Wars bundle coinciding with The Last Jedi premiere.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Good news for anyone who missed the BF deals. The v2 headset deals are particularly great.

I wonder if these will come to the UK...I just convinced two PS4 owners to get VR and both also asked about picking up a pro; if the deals were similar over here I know they'd pick up both.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GT bundle is a nice deal, you have to pay 100 dollars extra just to get the better model? (Doom and GT are games of similar value)

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Barring PS4 slim omission, what's so terrible about the deals? Do you think they would/should slash $100 from Pro?
Well that's exactly what I would do. A $349 PS4 Pro deal is lame as hell. There were some Pro deals for $349 in the past. So selling it now for $349 isn't really a "deal". Especially not for December/Christmas. $299 would have been nice. And at least a 249$ PS4 Slim bundle (Call of Duty, Battlefront II, or Destiny).
No PS4 Slim deal at all and a PS4 Pro for $349? That's terrible.

Last edited:

Hammee

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Awesome. Now to decide if I want to keep my OG PS4 or sell it after getting a Pro...hmm.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
Yesssss, I missed out on the BF Skyrim bundle deal. Was wondering if Sony would extend the $100 off promotion in December.

Last edited:

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tempted to get that destiny pro deal. Friend keeps bugging me to join his raid team but I grew tired of the original destiny. Does the bundle come with the season pass?

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
It's pretty obvious the PS4 Slim push will begin on 17th December after the PS4 Pro push ends on 16th December.

You guys, man!