• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019

blog.playstation.com

New Demon’s Souls gameplay reveals bosses, locales and more

Descend into Stonefang with several minutes of new PS5 footage.

Some more interesting tidbits:

More Gameplay from Famitsu:

Press Interviews:

Polygon: Demon's Souls on PS5: Here is What is Changing

A TL;DR Summary of all the New Information that came out during the Interviews for Demon's Souls Press Coverage (Thanks Kalentan)

r/demonssouls - Summary of today's new information
87 votes and 79 comments so far on Reddit
www.reddit.com
  • Encumbrance is still in and better grasses weigh more - grass system is otherwise intact
  • They fixed most bugs but kept minor "meme-worthy" bugs and quirks
  • Locked 4k at 30fps or variable 4k 60 at fps
  • Plenty of filters, inc. one for the original's aesthetic
  • Can switch camera perspective back to original
  • Photo mode included - which pauses the game until you're invaded/otherwise playing with other players online
  • Higher drop rate for pure bladestone
  • Confirmed no 6th archstone: "it was discussed, and then we backed off - it wasn't our right to create that extra world"
  • World tendency and character tendency unchanged aside from improved UI
  • Most of the original cast re-recorded their dialogue
  • 3 invaders and 2 allies for 6 players total in multiplayer
  • Fractured world - confirmed as a mirror mode
  • Significantly improved character creation, with "thousands upon thousands of permutations"
  • No difficulty settings - focus on staying true to the original vision
  • Levels apparently load close to instantly after dying
  • The game makes use of the PS5's controller's new haptic features e.g. you can feel the trigger tightening as you draw an arrow, and the controller gives feedback when you successfully parry
  • Omnidirectional rolling (eight directions) is confirmed in
  • "Once you've chosen a character, what you can do is after you've paid a number of souls for it--in the Nexus--you can actually store your character and then go in and change your character in the Nexus."
  • Re-recorded soundtrack with full orchestra
  • All animations redone with motion capture but still match the cadence and speed of the originals
  • All boss and enemy logic/AI same as original game
  • No changes to Old Monk

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda hate they keep showing it HUD-less (you miss out on the impact seeing the HP bars go down gives you, etc), but it looks very pretty.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What did they do to the boss music? That sounds absolutely generic. :/

Originally it had a slow, kind of menacing presence. This just sounds like someone took a track from a random movie and spliced it over gameplay footage.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I always respect the option to Re-spec.

I love taking a new build through the whole game, but sometimes I just wanna rock the Moonlight Greatsword, you know?

Rodderick

Oct 25, 2017
If this is the baseline of graphics we're getting next gen, I'm more than sold. If in 3 years this looks outdated we're going to have some mind blowing stuff to look forward to.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Oh my lord. Everything is perfect.

Best-looking game I've ever seen. The character models are unbelievable.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
and this is the 60 fps mode. hard to believe there is a mode that will make the game look even better in 30 fps.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The fog door when going through to the Flamelurker is legitimately a stupid level of gorgeous. Someone can make a gif to properly showcase it, but unfgh:

Amswtjf.png

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Everything looks great (the lighting!) except the UI fonts. They needed to put a lot more stink and weathering on them as they come across as generic stand ins instead. Probably too late now I guess :/

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing. They only went and did it the mad lads.

2 was easily my least favourite world but that all looked so fucking sick, the magic effects and the flames on the Flamelurker look nuts.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Why is there no lock on or hud

why not show these

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone's that's never played a single Souls game or Bloodborne, this looks so fucking good.

Day 1 baby!