takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't want to get anyone's hopes up and in this situation a 3/4 months old piece of internal information is basically worthless imho (heck, even official release dates aren't to be trusted) BUT I'll share; iirc it was originally Nov 2020, then spring 2021 with next gen version expected after the summer, as of 3 months ago it was both after the summer. Use salt though.
Interesting, so we might look at a Q3 release for current and next-gen versions. Sounds good.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Pleeeaasseee...

Also, personally I consider those who said it would be at MS's event redeemed if it is indeed at this event. Covid be covid and all that.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Microsoft about to have marketing for a much talked about game. It's been a long time.
I mean if it's supposed to happen before E3. Sony already showed their hand with SoP and probably won't do anything until summer. So that leaves MS and Bandai Namco doing something through their own official channels. I think it will be clearer once the marketing takes off if anyone is in charge. Something like Resident Evil 8 is obviously associated with Sony even though the game is dropping day & date on all platforms.

Oct 25, 2017
I think that "Project Beast" leak for BB was a crazy moment, people went nuts for that and it seemed like it put the entire community under a spell lol.

But ER probably probably has the bigger anticipation just cause its post BB era(to me From hit peak mainstream popularity after that game) and so more people are waiting for any news on the game.
It was indeed insane. And to think the game actually lived up to all expectations, and even surpassed them.

Though to be fair that's in large part due to their reputation being enough to make people think that "Dark Souls with guns and werewolves" was enough to be the best thing ever already, lmao. A lot of games need to show a lot more to convince people.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
Expecting a technical letdown, (because From and xbone/ps4 versions) but hoping for that sublime art direction and Miyazaki touch to be blown away.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone even hype for this game anymore?
Hey i don't follow Halo at all and i am not dumb enough to claim that any and all Halo fans have vanished from this earth. If you don't care and don't follow the insane people making daily videos about elden ring despite no news than that's just your time spent not thinking about it.

Oct 28, 2017
87605498_2544053769217167_411400537733332992_n.jpg
Waahhh!

Fullmetallad

Jun 1, 2019
hopefully they saw DS remake and thought they needed to tighten the graphics to match that.
That's why they're late unveiling it, certainly.
They're late on unveiling It mostly because of covid and It is their biggest game to date.

The game is in development for PS4, Xbox One and PC on the same FromSoftware engine as Sekiro, Dark Souls 3, etc. Demon's Souls is a PS5 game made on Bluepoint's engine.

FromSoftware never cared as much for technical graphics as they do for art direction, they'll not be changing their design philosofies now just to mach the visuals of a next gen game.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
They're late on unveiling It mostly because of covid and It is their biggest game to date.

I know I know, if you scroll up a few posts i also shared a few things about ER development i've to heard from people with connections in Bamco.
I was kidding but I do personally hope From improves their tech a little. Doesn't have to go to detriment of their art direction at all.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Jeff has let us down so many times regarding this game I rather believe the random guy on the street than his info.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017

Fullmetallad

Jun 1, 2019
I know I know, if you scroll up a few posts i also shared a few things about ER development i've to heard from people with connections in Bamco.
I was kidding but I do personally hope From improves their tech a little. Doesn't have to go to detriment of their art direction at all.
Yeah i read It, interesting stuff If true.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, has he "let you down" or has he just hinted at stuff that subsequently changed? The pandemic is fucking basically everything, no?
The way I see it, whenever it arrives it arrives. I've been in the speculation thread and other elden ring communities long enough to see his statements multiple times regarding this game and nothing come to fruition.

Oct 26, 2017
Don't want to get anyone's hopes up and in this situation a 3/4 months old piece of internal information is basically worthless imho (heck, even official release dates aren't to be trusted) BUT I'll share; iirc it was originally Nov 2020, then spring 2021 with next gen version expected after the summer, as of 3 months ago it was both after the summer. Use salt though.

Appreciate you sharing this! It it is indeed shown next month, a fall release would still be very likely.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
On a podcast just now, Jeff Grubb said it's also possible that the news won't necessarily be all positive, that *maybe* it could get pushed a bit. So people here might want to brace just a bit.

Oct 25, 2017
On a podcast just now, Jeff Grubb said it's also possible that the news won't necessarily be all positive, that *maybe* it could get pushed a bit. So people here might want to brace just a bit.

I don't really care about release date, I'm just ready to see a new trailer with some gameplay. If they can show that, I'll be happy.

Oct 25, 2017
So in summary:
  • We might see something in March
  • Or April
  • Or June actually
And for the release date
  • It's coming soonish
  • But also it might not
Honestly I feel like I've learned nothing.

Spencer saying he's played it, and therefore that it's playable and on its way, is the only thing I believe.