chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
No FoV slider on console with this update, sadly.

New Toggles:

i7QDYQ4.jpeg

Performance Mode:

JY9sTEf.jpeg

Quality Mode:

SDSWJ7A.jpeg

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
On series X can't seem to change settings on the fly like before. Seems like I can only change performance/visual on title screen only

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
On series X can't seem to change settings on the fly like before. Seems like I can only change performance/visual on title screen only

That is correct. They've added toggles for both 'quality' and 'frame rate'. It's fine on the menu, would have probably led to more game breaking issues in the delicate Creation Engine in real-time.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I want to calmly enjoy Bethesda games so much but I swear it constantly feels like everything in their games is held together by string and hope and it causes me a lot of apprehension.

Jul 7, 2021
Did they fix some of the texture/terrain issues on PC (like the Thicket Excavations/quarry texture bug)? That plus load times was what was bothering me the most.

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, so before the patch the VATS fluctuations seemed to be there with or without mods. I removed the Unofficial patch from my load order, and I'm not getting the VATS fluctuations anymore (very rarely one of the percentages will drop to 0 for a second, but it's not all of them wildly shifting over and over). I can still target enemies through walls though. I played and reloaded a bunch for about 10 minutes and it seemed hold. So maaaaaaaaybe somewhat fixed. If it holds, it seems to at least be tolerable now.

edit: It did not hold. Shit is broken

Last edited:

J-Spot

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see the makeshift weapon pack finally works on XBox but now none of my regular vendors seem to carry any of the weapons anymore. I had to stumble around looking for the new store again since it's an unmarked location.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Fallout 4 has received a new update that adds the ability to manage your control over the game's graphic fidelity or performance. There have also been additional fixes and improvements to address some of the feedback you provided us with on the previous update.

Update Versions

• Xbox Series S|X:1.10.765
  • PlayStation 5: 1.10.985
  • PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One: 1.10.984

Patch Highlights

Xbox Series S|X and PlayStation 5 Display Settings
Thanks to your feedback, we've been able to implement the ability to control your graphic fidelity and performance. We highly recommend you run with the default settings but now you can change your options to better fit your playstyle and display.
Frame Rate Target
Frame Rate Target allows you to choose between 30, 40, and 60 (default). It is important to note that to select 40, your display must be able to support 120hz.
Visual and Performance Prioritization
You can now choose between Visuals and Performance (default) while trying to maintain frame rate target. If you choose Frame Rate Target of 60, we recommend selecting Performance. Both modes may adjust internal resolution dynamically when scenes or action get heavier.
Please note both modes can only be changed from the main menu.

Bug Fixes

• General stability improvements
  • Fixed visual issue with certain image spaces
  • Auto HDR is re-enabled (Xbox Series S|X)
  • Fixed issue where reserved space was not displayed correctly in load order menu (Xbox Series S|X)
  • Fixed issue with character name field when in widescreen mode. (PC)
  • Fixed an issue that occasionally caused bundles to not fully download and could cause a crash
  • Fixed an issue with material swaps
  • Fixed an issue with load order that would break DLC until a restart after downloading mods (PlayStation 5)
  • Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause a crash if you returned to the Main Menu with queued mods still downloading (PlayStation 5)
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the Creation Club menu to not appear (Microsoft Store)
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when connecting to the network after a suspend/resume with the network disabled (Xbox One)

Creations Fixes

• Fixed missing art issue with certain Creations

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
On PS5 only the 40 FPS mode will put your display into 120hz mode. You might think it would use 120hz all the time if your TV is capable.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy the state they are leaving the PC version in:

* Long ass load times (1-5 min load times)
* Randomly getting stuck on accessing a terminal (really sucks for survival runs)
* Broken graphical features that crash the game when enabled and at the very least there isn't a message saying weapon debris is only meant for Nvidia 1000 series cards

I know there's a mod for the load times on PC, but I really shouldn't have to resort to modding the game for something like this.

RobbRivers

Jan 3, 2018
Don't think that is "broken" as to be Steam Deck Verified a games launcher must work seamlessly with a controller which the default launcher does not. So rather then creating a new launcher, they just disable it. You can bring it back with launch parameters.

So... this has not been fixed if there is no alternative option without having to put parameters...

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

* Randomly getting stuck on accessing a terminal (really sucks for survival runs)
* Broken graphical features that crash the game when enabled and at the very least there isn't a message saying weapon debris is only meant for Nvidia 1000 series cards

I know there's a mod for the load times on PC, but I really shouldn't have to resort to modding the game for something like this.

Is there a known explanation for what you're saying about the load times? I've played the most recent patch on three different devices (one Intel, two AMD), but hadn't run into weirdly long loads times like that.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a known explanation for what you're saying about the load times? I've played the most recent patch on three different devices (one Intel, two AMD), but hadn't run into weirdly long loads times like that.

I believe they're talking about exiting a building into the Commonwealth. I have the same issue, load times are very long. Running off an SSD.

Strangely I don't remember having this issue when I first played the game in 2015 on worse hardware and HDD.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017

It mostly seems to be when exiting a building and loading back into the commonwealth. It's a pretty common issue and thought it affected everyone, but maybe not. I'm currently on an AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU. When I played around the launch of the game I was on an Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU and dont recall any loading issues.

The longest load I've had was right after rescuing Nick and dealing with Skinny Malone…loading back into the commonwealth right after that took 5+ minutes.

The fix seems to be disabling Vsync since load times are tied to framerate in some way…higher FPS = shorter load times, but can also screw up other stuff like animations if FPS goes over 85 or so.

There's a mod that disables vsync just for load screens but I just dont like the idea of modding the game.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I believe they're talking about exiting a building into the Commonwealth. I have the same issue, load times are very long. Running off an SSD.

Strangely I don't remember having this issue when I first played the game in 2015 on worse hardware and HDD.

It mostly seems to be when exiting a building and loading back into the commonwealth. It's a pretty common issue and thought it affected everyone, but maybe not. I'm currently on an AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU. When I played around the launch of the game I was on an Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU and dont recall any loading issues.

The longest load I've had was right after rescuing Nick and dealing with Skinny Malone…loading back into the commonwealth right after that took 5+ minutes.

The fix seems to be disabling Vsync since load times are tied to framerate in some way…higher FPS = shorter load times, but can also screw up other stuff like animations if FPS goes over 85 or so.

There's a mod that disables vsync just for load screens but I just dont like the idea of modding the game.

Thanks for the explanation. I might do some tests on my end, because now I'm curious.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017

I think the terminal thing has to do with >60fps. Use one of the high-fps-fix mods to clear that up.

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Adding my voice to the "why is the PC version this broken" chorus. Before this patch it used to take no time at all to get back out to the Commonwealth but now I'm dreading it. Where's the mod for that?

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
I think the terminal thing has to do with >60fps. Use one of the high-fps-fix mods to clear that up.

Ya the last time I had it happen was at the end of the automotron dlc and had to exit the game set my monitors refresh rate to 60 so the game ran at 30 fps. Other times I just keep reloading just before accessing the terminal and it will eventually take.