Nikachu

Jan 14, 2018
Nintendo's e3 presentation is exactly one week away and anything is possible, whether we see Animal Crossing Switch or not, we are bound to see it in the future. With that said, what new features would you like for Animal Crossing Switch?

I personally would love to have more online features, like maybe fashion shows or being able to sell your clothing patterns online like bidding wars or something cool like that

- xoxo Niko Amii

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
More flexibility in our town. We were the mayor in new leaf yet I never felt like I had complete control of the town. Let us pick where new neighbors will live, where town decorations will be and plan events for the town.

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Along with going to each other village they should add a Mall where u can hang out online with people from around the world and set up a little shop to sell nic nacs u find. but mostly just social stuff, can put the mini games and arcade there too.

Deleted member 44288

User requested account closure
Banned
May 30, 2018
I want it to be set in the future where I can dig up a fossil of Tom Nook, because I hate Tom Nook. Also I would l would like better character AI, cooking and furniture to be used outside of the house as well.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Automatically advance through dialog/text like many JPRGs have these days. Less of a need to constantly push buttons to get through repetitive text would be a huge deal.

Firecrest

Oct 28, 2017
I'm actually really fond of the leveling system in Pocket Camp, so an expanded version of that would be welcomed. Also, interconnected friends' towns (no more travel gates), an actual, larger city to explore, and actual careers (not just being Nooks' bitch) would be great additions too.

Honestly, I don't care if none of those make the cut. I just want a console AC game dammit. >_<

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I really liked the changes they made to New Leaf, so just continue in that vein, more stuff to do, bring back things like the morning exercise from the n64/gamecube one and add more life sim elements.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Recipies! I wanna bake a villager's favorite fruit pie! Or a tuna dinner :)

An online marketplace. Let me put up a small public shop with my own personal designs online for people to browse. Even if the game randomly chose 10 players and placed you in a swap meet or bazaar made up of these 10 players' shops.

Oct 25, 2017
I like the friendship levels from Pocket Camp, but expand on it. Let me lose levels with villagers if I let them down down, or forget to talk to them for too long when I'm playing. Make it interesting.

And real path systems, no more dropping patterns on the ground to make a road. It should be a real mechanic.

Recipies! I wanna bake a villager's favorite fruit pie! Or a tuna dinner :)

An online marketplace. Let me put up a small public shop with my own personal designs online for people to browse. Even if the game randomly chose 10 players and placed you in a swap meet or bazaar made up of these 10 players' shops.

Great ideas. Cooking would be so at home in AC.

Last edited:

Technosteve

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Marriage, i need options to shack up my favorite villager(s) (polygamy). If they want to leave they got to file for divorce, they can't just send me a dear john letter.

Oni_J

Oct 28, 2017
After the leaks I highly doubt it will be this year, but anyway, a better system to draw/craft outfits.
People got incredible creative for splatoon splatfests, it would be nice to empower them a bit more.

Azajabar

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Monk's Cafe
- Farming, I know this doesn't feel like Animal Crossing but I would love to be able to have my farm
- Pets, a dog you can walk around town is all I ever wanted
- Online Auction House, like a place to sell goods and trade with other players
- I would love a golf mini game, I don't know why I think it would make a great addition to the game

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Allow for better inventory management on your person

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I remember a similar thread in the old forum, here is what I wrote.

I had a longer list at one point.
  • Pathing/paving feature
  • Removed flowers from the construction goes to lose and found or flea market.
  • Isabelle will ask for assistance on the placement of new residence... If you leave it then she decides for you.
  • Daylight savings
  • A hair salon catalogue with pictures for face and hair. Get rid of that cryptic Q&A nonsense except maybe for character creation. We all just look it up online any way. Maybe have a variety of different catalogues you can trade in other towns and collect.
  • When your mail box is full new stuff goes to a vault in the PO. You pay some bells to get your goodies. Pelican still gets cranky.
  • Tool bag that doesn't take up pocket space for your can, shovel etc.
  • Online Nintendo Hub Town that you can join to meet randoms, mini games and get check out new events. Regularly updated.
  • Season flip for us southern hemisphere folk
  • More kiddy animals. Maybe introduce animal families, restrict to one or two per town. It includes a parent or two and some children. They have a larger house!
  • Town expansion upgrade.
  • More activities. Cooking is a great example. Designing stuff could be fun too.
  • Expand custom furniture and clothing
  • Larger catalogue. Maybe have some more regional specific stuff for trading and online encouragement.
  • More part time jobs
  • More daily tasks for different rewards or more to spend meow tokens on.
  • Get rid of those walking coin currencies, I hate those and can never get them without spending half an hour gently tapping the ass of my 3DS.
  • I think it is time to introduce a new tool/activity. We have bugs, fish, diving, balloons and gardening so far.
  • Would it be weird if we could get a pet? O_O

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
More control over everything. Town improvements, house locations, neighbors, etc. Let us add more, control more and do so at a pixel perfect accuracy.

More customization of everything, along with more user generated features. Give us a generational leap in the tile system. Let us really go wild with custom patterns and designs with more than just square tiles to apply them to, but loads of unique shapes and objects. Let us even create custom furniture by letting us mix and match different furniture parts with different texture styles and patterns.

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
I mostly want improved social elements, especially the ability to form a small city with a group of friends so that your towns are next to each other and you are able to visit any time.

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
The ability to move buildings and houses. I don't care if that means taking more days to demolish and then rebuild, let me do it.

And not new, but I want to use my amiibo cards...
- Farming, I know this doesn't feel like Animal Crossing but I would love to be able to have my farm
- Pets, a dog you can walk around town is all I ever wanted
- Online Auction House, like a place to sell goods and trade with other players
- I would love a golf mini game, I don't know why I think it would make a great addition to the game
These sound good. And golf mini games can be pretty fun for how simple it can be, even something like mini golf.

Redstreak

Jan 17, 2018
Cooking please
Expanded character dialogue
Let us work at the different stores in town
More events outside of bug/fishing tournies
Dating
Instead of just being given positions like mayor I would actually enjoy having to run for it against a few other villagers and having to campaign

Last edited:

Lunir

May 17, 2018
Mexico
I want... Social elements. Maybe marriage, that would be great. Or maybe, the option to be the cupid for some of your animal friends... That may be something really cool.

Jokes aside.

I want to be able to befriend animals and do some chores with them, maybe exploring a big city together. Also, the ability to have some enemies because life is not perfect and one or two animals may dislike you because of what you do.

Also, a big hub to explore online, maybe to get a job. That would be great but too MMO heavy so maybe I should go to sleep because I'm hallucinating.

Crepuscular

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just need some smallish quality of life updates tbh. I'd like some more room in inventory, actually just putting tools in their own space that doesn't count as a held item would be wonderful. It's really annoying having half your bag filled with the axe and the shovel and the fishing pole and the watering can and etc. etc. etc. when you literally are never going to not be holding those items.

It also desperately needs an actual grid system or SOMETHING that tells you exactly where you can place buildings. The New Leaf system was the most frustrating thing in the world, where you had to constantly be moving an inch at a time being told you can't build there by Isabelle 8 times until the 9th time she randomly says yes.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
The ability to choose where houses can go and choose which villagers to keep without the worry of them possibly moving away without you knowing. Basically just more control over your town.

That's really it, New Leaf was perfect in my eyes for an Animal Crossing and the above mentioned were my only nitpicks, honestly.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Instead of just being given positions like mayor I would actually enjoy having to run for it against a few other villagers and having to campaign

In the last thread I suggested it might be interesting if we aren't the mayor this time around but instead have Tom Nook or Isabelle be mayor while we are instead a small business owner on the town council.

Effectively we'd still have a ton of control over the town but we would need to work with the other business owners in a council to get things done. So there would be a mild amount of persuasion and glad handing different members to get them to vote our way.

Could also then do things like employ other residents to work in our shop and so forth. Would be really great if they really expand the user generated content aspect of the game. Each store could be a virtual hub where other players could then visit and buy your creations.

Resetti

Oct 25, 2017
... Imagine an AC battle royale

Edit: In a more serious manner, all I want is better inventory management. It's painful to find the furniture you want and decorate in New Leaf.

Nesther

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
Complete control over furniture placement, Sims-style. I heard Home Designer did something like that.

More activities, such as sports would be fun as well, and tie in nicely to an expanded online system.

Oh and let's add farming and cooking!

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Challenge your animal friends to a game of tennis, any time, day or night.

Just fucking play tennis with me.

Jan 18, 2018
1. The Gamecube camera system. No round worlds.
2. NO LOADING BETWEEN ROOMS IN MY HOUSE.
3. Complete control over my grass
4. Larger world
4.1 A Civilization style system where I can recruit my villagers into an army and we colonize neighboring towns creating an empire

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
Happy Home Designer Features:
- Excellent photo mode
- expanded furniture catalog assets
- Wall & Ceiling Decorations
- different room sizes & floor layouts
- outside/building customization
- Non gameplay relevant buildings, like offices/school/hospital
- Animals do thing activities around their house when idle, depending on whats in their house (i.e. cooking if theres a stove)
- Animals can wear accessories
- If a clothing piece is placed as furniture in an animals house, they have a chance of changing into that piece in front of the player
- The ability to dress up animals (maybe through a fashion boutique, a part time job like barista)

Pocket Camp Features:
- Character Creator
- RVs for players
- Outside furniture assets
- All the pocket camp npcs

Wild World Features:
- Bring back the story lines for NPCs. Tom Nook and Sables story for example.
- BRING BACK CELESTE'S OBSERVATORY

NL: Welcome Amiibo
- Bring back island escape and puzzle block, remove amiibo elements
- bring back animal RVs

Suggestions (Most of these are more of X):
- An option for a less tedious and handhold-y tutorial at the start for return players.
- Change the personality system so that animals have a "main" personality and a "sub" personality, a system similar to tomodachi life. More variety!
tomodachi_life_mbti_by_artsywhat19-d92ofod.png
- More dialogue. Running into repeats is bleh
- More unique interactions between NPCs
- More flowers
- More customization options for furniture
- Support for all previous amiibo cards
- new villagers based on amiibo, imagine marina & pearl villagers
- Seamless area transition
- Please no more region exclusive DLC

Deleted member 42221

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Let me play as an animal.

Allow for race to be selected at a start, rather than a shitty tanning mechanic.

Allow for more gender identity expression - tbh Animal Crossing was always a nice friendly place where I could wear a dress and not be judged for it and I'd like for more freedom. Stuff like more options for non-binary pronouns would be nice.

No inventory limits. This game isn't Resident Evil, the game loses nothing by letting you carry as many apples as you want.

Deleted member 42221

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
That kind of defeats the whole premise of being a fish out of water in a weird town. It does help the player to stand out.
I mean let's be real - after maybe the first 3 days, that fish out of water premise kinda goes away and it ends up being a cosy town of friends that you get to know. If nothing else, give me a transforming clinic where I can change my species and body.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I mean let's be real - after maybe the first 3 days, that fish out of water premise kinda goes away and it ends up being a cosy town of friends that you get to know. If nothing else, give me a transforming clinic where I can change my species and body.

A transforming clinic in a somewhat rural setting.... so you want a Dr. Moreau spinoff?

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
Let me play as an animal.

Allow for race to be selected at a start, rather than a shitty tanning mechanic.

Allow for more gender identity expression - tbh Animal Crossing was always a nice friendly place where I could wear a dress and not be judged for it and I'd like for more freedom. Stuff like more options for non-binary pronouns would be nice.

No inventory limits. This game isn't Resident Evil, the game loses nothing by letting you carry as many apples as you want.
A transforming clinic in a somewhat rural setting.... so you want a Dr. Moreau spinoff?
All of this is exactly what I want.