• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

mkGlDWL.png

New modes and bonuses are coming to Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider, and all you have to do to get them is log in with your Bethesda.net account from the games' main menus.

Logging in with your Bethesda.net account will get you the following new modes in both Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider:

### Mission+
Take a trip back in time to any previously completed mission from the campaign and experiment freely with all powers and weapons.

### Black and White
Feeling moody? Black and White mode lets you experience the game in a new visual style. This filter does exactly what it says on the tin, but all blood will remain red. See? Moody. You can toggle between Black and White mode and the original color mode at any time.

In addition to these two new modes, Dishonored 2 players who log in with their Bethesda.net account will also gain access to the original pre-order bonus, the Imperial Assassin's Pack. When you stop by the Dreadful Wale, you'll find all the bonus items in the pack waiting for you in your cabin.

The Imperial Assassin's Pack includes:
  • Duelist's Luck bone charm
  • Void Favor bone charm
  • In-game Antique Serkonan Guitar for Emily or Corvo to interact with
  • In-game book: Goodbye, Karnaca – A Musician's Farewell
  • 500 bonus coins
The new modes and the pre-order bonus are available on all platforms.

Yoooo, that Mission+ is a fucking godsend. I've always had a few NG+ saves on certain missions for simply fucking around but this makes that whole process way easier. I think it's about time I replay A Crack in the Slab for the tenth time...

Last edited:

Pix

Oct 25, 2017
>Log in with your Bethesda.net Account to obtain the content

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Neat. I've tried to sit down with it about 4 times and real life got in the way. ><

I think this is my in.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i am waiting on new PC parts to play D2, but i loved D1

gonna be a major bummer when D3 is a bethesda launcher exclusive tho

Oct 27, 2017
At first I said, "New Dishonored stuff, cool!" Then I noticed that you have to create a Bethesda net account and went, "Eh, I'll pass."

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
"Let us leak your info to get some trinkets"

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
As much as I love Dishonoured, I really dislike this practice. As if creating a few new entries for DLCs in the Steam Store is the most difficult thing in the world.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
What's so bad about logging in with a Bethesda account?
Nothing, really. Recently user information like address and name leaked for around 120 users on Bethesda.net (No cc info, though) through their canvas-bag support system, so admittedly it's understandable that people aren't thrilled to use the system. I've used it since it launched on 2015 since you need it to install mods on console/play Fallout 76 and haven't had any issues, personally.

By the way, Bethesda.net and the Bethesda Launcher aren't the same, for those who are confused.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to need to rebuy this game on PC. I have it on PS4, and it's a great game, but I still don't think it feel good playing on a controller.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Updated thread title to include bethesda.net.
Dope, thanks!

I'm going to need to rebuy this game on PC. I have it on PS4, and it's a great game, but I still don't think it feel good playing on a controller.
It's definitely the kind of game that shines with being able to quickly switch between powers and the precise aiming a mouse gives you. The port was kinda fucked and it still is in some places but it's manageable. Just be warned that if you go over or under 60fps then you'll run into a lot of issues. Best to keep it locked.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Game was always atmospheric and sometimes quite beautiful. Black and white mode ought to be good.

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
It's definitely the kind of game that shines with being able to quickly switch between powers and the precise aiming a mouse gives you.

This. 60 FPS + quick and precise aiming + hot keys = mandatory for a game like this (and pretty much any fast-paced, first-person action game, really).

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
I love Dishonored, the sequels especially, but I like not being doxxed even more.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
This gives me pretend hope for Dishonored 3! I might check these additions out some time.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not going to start buying games from Bethesda any time soon, and don't even have the launcher installed, but I have no problem logging in to claim free content. I'll be claiming all of the games that Epic are giving away too.
They don't make it easy for you though: you can't paste into the password box in the game - you have to type it out. That's great when you have a 50-character random password.
And it doesn't seem like Bethesda.net have any form of two factor authentication set up yet either.
Epic was really bad for a long time when they only had email-based 2FA, but at least they had something, and they do support authenticators now.
I'd assume Prey is next on the list, since it shares the same dev and is already confirmed to be getting new content (Specifically that VR mode.) soon.
If this is any indication, I'd think they might be removing Denuvo around May next year, but if it's sooner, you won't hear me complain about it.

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
They also removed Denuvo which is nice. No more bloated DRM.

This is probably the bigger news out of this whole update, really.

Yeah I'm surprised since I only discovered this via a headline from another site just now. Better late than never.

I wonder what this means for anyone running older versions of the game, would the Denuvo just not be able to verify their version and lock them out from the game?

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Any reason to replay Dishonored 2 is a good one, because it's a god-tier game.

Easily in my top 3 games this gen.