• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IM SO SAD that they threw all of this into the SUN ... i believe it had some amazing potential for stories/exploration .... a fucking sphere world yo. gone with lame ending spartan ops on h4. like why?
Yeah, I would never go as far as other Halo fans have had when attacking Brian Reed for his narrative direction, but holy crap! 343i did toss out alot of potential with the direction and steps he took with Spartan Ops and the sequel comic series.

SlightlyLive

QA
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Northern Ireland
Reminds me of

m94DMX.jpg

45srJrT.jpg

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
IM SO SAD that they threw all of this into the SUN ... i believe it had some amazing potential for stories/exploration .... a fucking sphere world yo. gone with lame ending spartan ops on h4. like why?
Requiem was terribly boring and unremarkable. Its only defining feature was that it had a ceiling which you couldn't even see for most of the game.
Everyone expected it to be a mini Dyson sphere, instead we got a regular planet in a shell. That's Spaceballs-caliber sci-fi.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Requiem was terribly boring and unremarkable. Its only defining feature was that it had a ceiling which you couldn't even see for most of the game.
Everyone expected it to be a mini Dyson sphere, instead we got a regular planet in a shell. That's Spaceballs-caliber sci-fi.
well are there any other Dyson spheres out there in the lore? recently playing h4 again on the 1x, i finally see the wall/ceiling that i never, ever noticed before lol.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I need more Halo in my life.

I hope they throw everything into this. Brute packs, Elites, Jackals, Skirmishers, Engineers, Grunts... new stuff.

Also, I wanna see some ally Coevnant, see their culture a bit. The end of Halo 3 with the Elites seeing a positive movement forward needs to be fulfilled.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
well are there any other Dyson spheres out there in the lore? recently playing h4 again on the 1x, i finally see the wall/ceiling that i never, ever noticed before lol.
A proper Dyson sphere wouldn't deliver the vistas we crave anyway, it would have to be something much smaller, and when something as big as Onyx could remain hidden for most of Halo's timeline, there's nothing stopping 343 from adding an infinite amount of them all over the place.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Also, honestly rather than robo-Prometheans, I think it would be far more interesting if a remote colony of Forerunners DID survive somehow, and are simply waiting to be awoken and found.

Hell - or ancient humans.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Seriously, if Infinite is just open world H3, I would buy 10 copies.

Now I'm stuck with the mental image of some large scale open world battle going on with hundreds of enemies and NPC's fighting it out, all while the Master Chief power walks through the battlefield with his slow as molasses Halo 3 movement speed.

Aug 26, 2018
Open World Halo with Master Chief VS Atriox & The Flood & Evil Cortana ( eventually turns good) & Prometheans.

Lets finish the fight!

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Also, honestly rather than robo-Prometheans, I think it would be far more interesting if a remote colony of Forerunners DID survive somehow, and are simply waiting to be awoken and found.

Hell - or ancient humans.
Nooo, let the dead dudes stay dead. Haven't they been demystified enough?

I'd only make an exception for dead dudes made out of other dead dudes because right now the Flood might be the only thing that can save us from the off-brand terminators.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Now I'm stuck with the mental image of some large scale open world battle going on with hundreds of enemies and NPC's fighting it out, all while the Master Chief power walks through the battlefield with his slow as molasses Halo 3 movement speed.

Walking tank methodically murdering hundreds of aliens doesn't sound too bad to me

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Nooo, let the dead dudes stay dead. Haven't they been demystified enough?

I'd only make an exception for dead dudes made out of other dead dudes because right now the Flood might be the only thing that can save us from the off-brand terminators.
Yeah, I'll take Flood

Just no more Prometheans, please. Not the way they are at least.

It just doesn't have the same magic, fighting angry monster robots with no personality.

Sony

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I won't be fooled by concept art again. Halo 4 concept art was vastly different from what we got

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, just toss all the enemies in. Covenant (Including Halo 3 Brutes and ODST Engineers), Flood, Prometheans, Sentinels, all in one lovely mash-up. The problem with the non-Covenant enemies has always been the monotony of fighting only them for long stretches of time, but they're fine when mixed and matched.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I hope they spice up the military/medical facility aesthetic a little. It's starting to feel pretty cookie cutter after it's heavy use in Halo 4 and 5.

Everything else about this is gorgeous though.

Yup. I'm so tired of the UNSC aesthetic they've been using for everything at this point.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Walking tank methodically murdering hundreds of aliens doesn't sound too bad to me

Yeah it does sound good, until a sticky takes out your warthog and your left figuring out how to maneuver his slow ass past a couple of Wraiths, some Ghosts, a Banshee, and then several kilometers of brisk walking to your actual objective lmao.

Early footage of Halo Infinity with no sprint confirmed:

tenor.gif

RoyalJello

Jul 29, 2018
It's sad I feel so alienated from Halo. I was a diehard fan, and even got a chance to work with the guys on it map-wise.

But yeah ever since Halo 3 when I noticed the run speed was too slow I had a hunch they'd start to put in a sprint (especially after the E3 trailer of him sprinting).
It was around then that they started copying features from CoD4 (vetoing maps and such in the Halo 3 beta), and now it's just probably never going to be like it was pre-sprint/loadout.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, they are building an entire new engine for this thing, so they really should take their time with it anyways.

Sorry, but I don't. The overall art style in Halo 4 and 5 didn't scream Halo to me, as much as any other Halo did.

And this Concept Art doesn't do anything for me either, no matter who made it.

For 4 Kenneth Scott was the art director. and I beloeve for 5 they did not want to change which many disappointed. now that they have almost allow the art team to go back to roots as we have seen in halo wars 2

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
That artwork looks amazing. There's no reason we couldn't get an open world style Halo Infinite. Even if there were 3 big maps or sections in the game. Since CE and Halo 3, I always wanted to drive a warthog thru expanse landscapes and different areas of a halo ring. It would be massively cool.

C'mon 343i, you can do it.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I most like the fact that the demo and art indicate they're outside on a Halo ring with a somewhat grounded environment. This feels like it could be the evolution of CE that I always wanted. CE still has the most open levels in the franchise and they were the most fun to do battle in.

Nov 8, 2017
One thing I learned as of late is to never trust Halo concept art. Halo 4 looked like it was going to have massive environments but then it turned out to be more linear than Halo 2.

Case in point...

Correct about not trusting art, although it's not a stretch to imagine that this one is actually going to be larger/more open based on the trailer they showed. Big open stretches of land, a kind of "wilderness" feel to what we saw.

Probably cross-gen too considering no date is announced, they did announce some games for 2019 (but not Halo) and we're getting pretty close to the new systems launch. I imagine a Zelda type launch where it comes out on the next Xbox launch date on both consoles is an attractive prospect for MS. Harkening back to classic Halo aesthetically and also evoking memories of the original game's debut on the original system.

Oct 26, 2017
The front end of the Pelican looks somewhat like the classic design, but the back end is pretty curved and smooth like the Halo 4/5 Pelican. Also, the base looks like it's something out of Warzone, especially seeing how it has that odd blocky text for the UNSC logo that's been in other 343i games. Honestly, this piece of concept art doesn't look much different from some released in past games, so it'll be interesting to see if this is actually representative of Infinite's art style, if it even is concept art for that game and not Halo 5 in the first place. It is definitely Sparth's work, though, and reminds me a bit of this one:

sparth-warzone-concept-sparth-final.jpg

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Correct about not trusting art, although it's not a stretch to imagine that this one is actually going to be larger/more open based on the trailer they showed. Big open stretches of land, a kind of "wilderness" feel to what we saw.

Probably cross-gen too considering no date is announced, they did announce some games for 2019 (but not Halo) and we're getting pretty close to the new systems launch. I imagine a Zelda type launch where it comes out on the next Xbox launch date on both consoles is an attractive prospect for MS. Harkening back to classic Halo aesthetically and also evoking memories of the original game's debut on the original system.
I plan on keeping my hype in check at this point though.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. I'm so tired of the UNSC aesthetic they've been using for everything at this point.
I'd like to see more UNSC environemnts but only if it's more like this...

latest

Instead of this overdesigned mess.

latest

In addition, I really hope they go back to the pre-Halo 4 Covenant designs and color ascetics aswell.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017

latest

latest

In addition, I really hope they go back to the pre-Halo 4 Covenant designs and color ascetics aswell.

I like you. Agree with everything you said. I'm sad that both UNSC and Covenant areas and whatever the H4/5 enemies are called always look the same now. And yeah, the Covenant look horrible now. I especially miss the H1 Grunts.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Is he though. The only halo campaigns to be celebrated where (IMO) halo ce, and 3. With halo 2, odst, reach, and 4 good but not god tier. 5 was outright panned. And the FPS landscape has changed a bit over the last 5 years. No one really cares about FPS campaigns anymore no matter how good they are.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017

latest

latest

Agreed. Pre halo 4 covenant aesthetic was the bee's knees.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC

latest

latest

Yes please.

Halo 4/5 UNSC designs are all so prefabricated and repetitive looking, they're overly complex without being unique, and are just not fun to look at and explore.

I'm worried the concept art shows a UNSC base which looks like it could have been dropped off by a pelican, without much uniqueness. It just kinda looks like a building block, rather than a structure.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I like the concept art, but I'm skeptical of how well it will be translated into the actual game. The last couple Halo games have been a mess stylistically.