• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sinfamy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just updated, version 1.17, among the notes is the aforementioned title.
Haven't gotten her back yet so I can't test it out.
KEQyobB.jpg

Last edited:

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does this game still have an active online userbase to be getting content updates nearly three years after release..?

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017

Just give us some more story content jeez. I'm sure Kojima left some story notes that you guys could steal from or something

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if only all these updates werent for a tired multiplayer section and added these improvements to the actual game

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Would be nice if they added Chapter 51 & added more content to MGO, which still feels like a beta.

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
I'd love to know about their workforce behind this and MG Survive. I can understand them updating MGSV for PS4 Pro since it can be done by a few people while also handling Survive development, but why release today a relatively significant update to a three years old game? I mean, they must be sure there's some money to be made, but I gotta wonder how many people kept on working on this and whether their effort will be taken advantage of in future games.

Jun 4, 2018

Initially, I didn't make much of these updates. But now, they're on 1.17 and I'm wondering if something bigger is on the horizon. Not Episode 51-level, but Ocelot and Quiet in the main game, difficulty options for story missions— things like that. There was a lot planned for the game that didn't make it in time for 1.0. Multiple buddies, Battle Gear, story content... If they're still taking the time to update this game, then maybe there's even more to come. Early on, I hadn't had much hope, but two playable MGO characters in the main game - even if just for FOB events at the moment, to me suggests that these are things likely to be implemented into the core game at some point.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Initially, I didn't make much of these updates. But now, they're on 1.17 and I'm wondering if something bigger is on the horizon. Not Episode 51-level, but Ocelot and Quiet in the main game, difficulty options for story missions— things like that. There was a lot planned for the game that didn't make it in time for 1.0. Multiple buddies, Battle Gear, story content... If they're still taking the time to update this game, then maybe there's even more to come. Early on, I hadn't had much hope, but two playable MGO characters in the main game - even if just for FOB events at the moment, to me suggests that these are things likely to be implemented into the core game at some point.

They still sell MTs related to the FOB stuff. That's more than likely it.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I wouldn't get my hopes too up. I don't think that adding these two characters took all that much effort since the gameplay elements were already in place from MGO.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I have three FOBs maxed out, and working on my fourth and final one. I've been treating V like a mobile game for the last couple of years, unlocking more and more crazy weapons, like machine guns that fire stun bullets :D

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking lol, of course it's for FOB's.

Such a waste.

FOBs were intense if you're the kind of person who loves PVP in Dark Souls. The odds are stacked against you when you invade a player which leads to some tense gameplay moments but you get a massive feeling of success should you win/steal a nuke.

Risev

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Man it sucks that FOBs received so many updates that could have also made it over to the main game, but didn't.

Also, damn an update almost 3 years in, even though Survive is already out.

AlexxKidd

Banned
May 23, 2018
FOBs? Fine for some but damn I would have loved a Quiet skin for the main game. I'd do the whole thing using only snipers and she'd be humming through the entire 100 hours. Glorious!

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man it sucks that FOBs received so many updates that could have also made it over to the main game, but didn't.

Also, damn an update almost 3 years in, even though Survive is already out.

Adding something to the main game would require some actual effort and creation of new content.

These FOB updates are just reusing existing stuff.

They already have the 'blue print" for Episode 51 so they wouldn't even need to start from scratch. But that would require effort, money etc.

Risev

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Adding something to the main game would require some actual effort and creation of new content.

These FOB updates are just reusing existing stuff.

They already have the 'blue print" for Episode 51 so they wouldn't even need to start from scratch. But that would require effort, money etc.
I'm referring to the many skins and the like that are exclusive to FOB. Surely that wouldn't take that much more effort?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm amazed this game is still getting support.

Also impressed that Konami didn't cut and run with Metal Gear Survive.