• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA

Warner Bros. has dated its new "Mortal Kombat" movie for March 5, 2021, with James Wan producing and Simon McQuoid directing.

Pre-production on "Mortal Kombat" will start this month with cameras scheduled to start rolling in Adelaide, Australia, later this year. South Australia Premier Steven Marshall announced on May 13 that it will be the biggest film production in the state's history.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Wan producing doesn't make me anymore excited. He's been attached as producer to a lot of stuff that ends up garbage (Nun, La Llorana, etc).

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Wan producing doesn't make me anymore excited. He's been attached as producer to a lot of stuff that ends up garbage (Nun, La Llorana, etc).

I didn't even know who this guy was... then looked up the films he's been involved in and I've hated almost all of them.. and the others I haven't seen yet.

I finally saw Aquaman and after watching Wonder Woman, I thought WB was turning a corner... but I hated Aquaman.

Fuck me I've wanted a new Mortal Kombat to make up for traumatizing us kids with that sick cliffhanger ending to part one....only to take HEEEEELLA Long to make part two.. then Holy Shit how in the world could they do that us with part 2. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
200w.webp

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
First movie is pretty much perfect, why even bother? And before you reply, perfect here for a MK movie.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if this version will keep old Shang Tsung. Keeping him old allows for him to return in his prime for a sequel, but audiences might not like an old man as the main villain for this movie.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
I didn't even know who this guy was... then looked up the films he's been involved in and I've hated almost all of them.. and the others I haven't seen yet.

I finally saw Aquaman and after watching Wonder Woman, I thought WB was turning a corner... but I hated Aquaman.

Fuck me I've wanted a new Mortal Kombat to make up for traumatizing us kids with that sick cliffhanger ending to part one....only to take HEEEEELLA Long to make part two.. then Holy Shit how in the world could they do that us with part 2. 🤬🤬🤬🤬
Annihilation took 2 years, which is normal for sequels. Actually less since New Line was rushing the movie and despite the delay from August to November 1997, it was released as-is and unfinished.

At least the New Line from now is a lot different that from back then, so hopefully they won't mess things up as they did with Annihilation.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
who hates the conjuring and furious 7??

I haven't seen those.... as far as the Conjuring I'll give it a go. There were very few horror movies during those years that I could get into. Alot of them just had jump scare moments like LOUD SOUND/SCREAM NOW U SHOULD BE SCARED! I like shit with suspense..with build up. Like The Witch, The Wailing, The Others etc.

As far as Furious 7..... after the first few which I liked, it started to get stupid... and I didn't feel like spending money. Then next thing you they kept coming out with more and more.. and trailers looked ridiculous.

So yeah...never got to 7 let alone the others. But if yall feel 7 is THAT good sure I don't mind giving it a chance... but if it's stupid and corny imma be right back over here bitchin about it.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Wan producing, may be some "there" there. we'll see

cool to see MK relevant again though i know it never really left in the first place

Last edited:

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Iko Uwais as Liu Kang would be pretty sweet.

Oct 25, 2017
Mortal Kombat.

Shot in Adelaide.

Any Australian gamer will appreciate the sheer fucking irony in this.

It's like a theatre production of Jesus Christ Superstar opening in Salt Lake.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen those.... as far as the Conjuring I'll give it a go. There were very few horror movies during those years that I could get into. Alot of them just had jump scare moments like LOUD SOUND/SCREAM NOW U SHOULD BE SCARED! I like shit with suspense..with build up. Like The Witch, The Wailing, The Others etc.

As far as Furious 7..... after the first few which I liked, it started to get stupid... and I didn't feel like spending money. Then next thing you they kept coming out with more and more.. and trailers looked ridiculous.

So yeah...never got to 7 let alone the others. But if yall feel 7 is THAT good sure I don't mind giving it a chance... but if it's stupid and corny imma be right back over here bitchin about it.

All Fast and Furious movies are stupid and corny. Just like Mortal Kombat.