Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Was just announced by the league

Dd5PAKmUQAEJC9A.jpg

Last edited:

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
"You can protest, just do it in the back where it doesn't disturb the nice customers"

sleepInsom

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, fuck the NFL. It's a game not a fucking political rally. Why is respecting the Anthem a necessity?

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think this solves anything.

The crowd that was mad about the kneeling is just going to be similarly mad when players choose not to come out for the anthem at all.

They will still spin it as disrespect.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Too is 2 telling"we should change the rule that would somewhat respect player's wishes" .

I doubt it happens and players will be forced to be out there. And who determines what is respect to the flag and anthem

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly feel like this is worse than just banning it.

This is a de facto ban but is trying to hide the fact that it is, in fact, a ban on protesting racial inequality in police enforcement. That they're trying to hide this being banned through clever wording makes it all the more despicable.

Meanwhile, in the sunken place from whence we rose, I'm sure they're celebrating getting their "game back".

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, way to miss the point, NFL.

Also, doesn't this basically give some more ammunition to Kaepernick's lawsuit against the league?

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully loads and loads of players are organizing mass kneel downs as we speak. The NFL can fuck off with this pandering to Trumpers.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Wow. Straight up racism enforced by actual rules and penalties.

There is gonna be players that won't stand for this right? (no pun intended)

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck off then, NFL. I'm out this winter, I don't care how good the Chiefs are. MLS is my brand of football now. For winter sports, Premiere League and NBA. Or better yet, I'll do something better with my Sundays than watch sports.

Go to hell, Goodell. Don't tell me what patriotism is.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Glad to see the correct lesson was learned here...

Fall in line or get off the field. Great job. So brave.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'm finally out on football

was a fun 17 years of following it

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
You can walk up to an ongoing school shooting crime scene with a rifle on your back as a form of protest but can't kneel during the anthem to protest police brutality.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Quite shocked at this reaction seeing how the NBA forces their players to stand during the anthem and no one seems to bat an eye.

Pico

Oct 28, 2017
People who want to express something can do it while standing too, NFL. Is raising your fist during the anthem already banned?