OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The NFL continues to be garbage, run by rich white men, who don't want their best players to address the inequalities in America by fucking kneeling silently.

Quite shocked at this reaction seeing how the NBA forces their players to stand during the anthem and no one seems to bat an eye.

So the NBA is garbage too, why should anyone be surprised?

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
Finally the real issue they were trying to highlight has been solved.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Will this appease the racist hornet's nest (along with blackballing Kaep) or will they need something else to quell their anger in 6-12 months time? How about throwing black fans out of games if they don't stand for the anthem?

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
Was just announced by the league

Dd5PAKmUQAEJC9A.jpg

Copied from the other page

This may actually get me to stop watching the NFL. Fuck you Goodell, Fuck Patriotism, and Fuck Trump.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, clearly this is going to work.

Nothing convinces people not to protest more than creating rules that penalize said protest.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh and by the way

The league is actually still posting growth and absurd TV #'s given that TV viewing across the board is tanking.

OP
OP
linkboy

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I really don't think this solves anything.

The crowd that was mad about the kneeling is just going to be similarly mad when players choose not to come out for the anthem at all.

They will still spin it as disrespect.

Of course it doesn't, that's why the NFL went with it. This is the league that couldn't define what a catch was. If there's one thing the NFL is good at, it's screwing up simple things (especially under Goodell's watch).

The NFLPA naturally won't do anything since their spine is softer then shit (if they even have one, I'm honestly not to sure if they do).

I wonder how many teams are going to fine players who don't come out of the locker room, since teams can set their own policies.

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
We spent so much time wondering whether CTE would kill the NFL that we discounted the possibility of the NFL slowly killing itself with boneheaded decisions like this.

This is pandering to the worst of their customers. In a world where many companies are staying politically neutral or embracing the left, the NFL is doubling down on MAGA crap.

Good luck.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
These stupid fucking owners still think this is about disrespecting the anthem and the troops lol. As a football fan I genuinely hope ratings go down again.

Mar 10, 2018
Glad American football is declining in popularity. Garbage ass organization.

EDIT: I guess I was wrong. Disappointing.

Last edited:

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
It makes me so god damn mad that the trumpers won the messaging war on this shit, it was never about the fucking flag in the first place grrrrrrrr!

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I really don't think this solves anything.

The crowd that was mad about the kneeling is just going to be similarly mad when players choose not to come out for the anthem at all.

They will still spin it as disrespect.
No they won't, because they won't see it.

They will be left ignorant of the problems they're protesting against, which is all they wanted, to stick their fingers in their ears, cover their eyes and WATCH SOME FOO'BALL!

This is fucking pathetic.

You can walk up to an ongoing school shooting crime scene with a rifle on your back as a form of protest but can't kneel during the anthem to protest police brutality.
RIGHT?!?

Ugh...

taro

Oct 25, 2017
What a shitty stance. My Sundays have been freer these last few years and I don't see that changing.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
If you want to voice your 1st Amendment Rights, do it so where no one can hear you. Sports and my white fragility are more important than your rights.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
This will surely bring in more views and a better, more reasonable crowd. /s

Seriously, fuck the NFL and I hope this seriously backfires.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Not happy and it's certainly not a compromise, but it's hard to argue that when you're on the clock and wearing your employer's uniform you're expected to conduct yourself a certain way. This policy puts things in line with the NBA, but actually gives an option and grants a small amount of power to the individual teams. (as opposed to the NBA's rigid 'you will be present and you will stand.')

Hope every team decides to just stay in the locker room. There would be less incentive for the military to fund this form of "patriotism" and it would be a step toward taking politics out of sports altogether.

Nov 16, 2017
NBA players have no problem standing for the anthem btw. Not sure if it has to do with the policy being forced because it's not really a major issue at all other than the people that tried to make it one in the NBA.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Let it be known,

White people are more outraged over black people kneeling during a song than kids getting their chests pumped full of lead in class