SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Looks like the NFL is gonna start losing veiwership. I'm sorry for anyone whose planning to stop watching after this.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a disgrace.

I hope to see players keeling in large groups now. The NFL does this to themselves.

A bunch of old white men standing up there, basically announcing that black men aren't allowed to peacefully protest.

Goodell is such a damn rat, he was saying the exact opposite a couple months ago when it looked like the owners couldn't come up with a solution to this. Now suddenly it's about Patriotism and national pride?

This isn't the US National American Football team, it's a fucking domestic league, it has nothing to do with the country.

Horror

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I have no problem with the players being given the option to stay in the tunnel/locker room if they don't want to stand for the anthem. As long as the nfl continues to spend additional funds on the causes Kaep and others started the protest for that should continue to lead towards progress as opposed to the constant arguing and pot shots by drump.

They don't have the option.

Teams themselves can punish the players for doing it.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just get rid of the national anthem all together, its a stupid archaic tradition in any sport anyways.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
i'm not sure how kneeling is deemed as not respecting the flag or the country. When did having to stand become the only way to respect your flag during a song. If they are wiping their asses with a flag while the anthem is playing, ok, thats disrespecting, but taking a fucking knee isn't.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm not sure how kneeling is deemed as not respecting the flag or the country. When did having to stand become the only way to respect your flag during a song. If they are wiping their asses with a flag while the anthem is playing, ok, thats disrespecting, but taking a fucking knee isn't.
Black people do it.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
I can't wait til they force audience members to stuck in their seats during the Anthem and standing too. Cause clearly, it should be everyone standing, right? If we care about that so much...

OP
OP
linkboy

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno

Because these people are freaking insane.

I honestly had someone tell me that if he could, he'd put a gun to the back of Kaepernick's head and pull the trigger.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

They know its not. Everyone with half a brain knows its not.

The problem is that there is a group of people (Right wing racists and bigots) who don't wanna see minorities doing things they don't like and don't wanna have reminders of the level of bullshit going on in the US. The problem is that there is enough of them in the US and in the NFL front office to make a rule like this happen.

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017

It's almost like the guy who started it literally talked with an army vet who convinced him to kneel instead of sit because kneeling is respectful.

Too bad noone gives a fuck.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Black person is doing it. It wasn't disrespectful when Tebow did it.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The owners being more concerned about people speaking out about racism than anything else is a perfect encapsulation of conservative white America today.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
They should have just done it the college football way. The teams warm up, when they go into the locker room they play the anthem and then you get all the fanfare bringing the teams back onto the field.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Wish I could say I woudln't watch because of this bullshit, but I found myself pretty bored by football last year and didn't really watch any games until the playoffs.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Week 1 should be a full protest of this from the entire league. What a fucking stupid rule.

papertowel

Nov 6, 2017
Networks running ads during the national anthem: nobody cared

Black athletes not standing during the national anthem: how dare they not honor our country, we have to do something about this

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malcolm Jenkins should be ashamed of himself for selling out like he did tbh. This was a unanimous decision, no owner comes out of this clean.