• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Any pic of your setup? I can try and shop in the PS5 lol
Hey, go wild!
PAu9v6j.jpg

3rYzknQ.jpg

Judging from all these insane mockups floating around I'll probably have to put it vertical and set it awkwardly beside the TV like the Switch.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Hey, go wild!
PAu9v6j.jpg

3rYzknQ.jpg

Judging from all these insane mockups floating around I'll probably have to put it vertical and set it awkwardly beside the TV like the Switch.
Disclaimer lol the PS5 is made by me using what's available, so the dimension may not be accurate.

I tried to match the angle and put in my renders (+ series X which should be more accurate dimension wise while we're at it) on the table top. Your PS4pro being slotted into the TV gap and the small consoles threw me off a bit haha :P

I think horizontal PS5 might just fit in front of the TV depending on its depth which we don't know yet. You may need to push back your TV in a little bit haha.
tvF7IfG.jpg

The DE will definitely fit in more I think, it sits lower than the standard version.
PWEqKR3.jpg

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Disclaimer lol the PS5 is made by me using what's available, so the dimension may not be accurate.

I tried to match the angle and put in my renders (+ series X which should be more accurate dimension wise while we're at it) on the table top. Your PS4pro being slotted into the TV gap and the small consoles threw me off a bit haha :P

I think horizontal PS5 might just fit in front of the TV depending on its depth which we don't know yet. You may need to push back your TV in a little bit haha.
tvF7IfG.jpg

The DE will definitely fit in more I think, it sits lower than the standard version.
PWEqKR3.jpg

Yea you made the PS5 smaller than the Series X. At least horizontally.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Yea you made the PS5 smaller than the Series X. At least horizontally.
Nah it's big, just the angle made it look smaller cos I tried to match his photo's angle and the position of his PS4, except the horizontal PS5 can't fit so I have to push it forward a little lol. Not trying to hide PS5's size here :p

cLlet1Z.jpg

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Arex : that's a great situational shot. What's the size of TV screen you used for reference ? (65'' ?)
55", I made the blue box thing with the dimension on this page:
www.bhphotovideo.com

Samsung KS8000 55" Class SUHD Smart LED TV

Buy Samsung KS8000 55" Class SUHD Smart LED TV featuring 4K SUHD (3840 x 2160) LED Panel, MR 240, Screen Mirroring Technology, Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity, Access Samsung Smart Hub & Apps, Full Web Browser, 4 x HDMI / 3 x USB, Quantum Dot Color, DTS Premium Sound. Review Samsung KS8000
Which I think is the TV Traxus has on his table. Did it for matching with the photo.

May 24, 2019
Nah it's big, just the angle made it look smaller cos I tried to match his photo's angle and the position of his PS4, except the horizontal PS5 can't fit so I have to push it forward a little lol. Not trying to hide PS5's size here :p

cLlet1Z.jpg

Probably best to put them behind the TV with the fronts facing either side for disk access.

Edit: Oh. The TV feet would get in the way.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018

tvF7IfG.jpg

PWEqKR3.jpg
Holy shit, whoa! That's crazy cool. Yeah, looks like the PS5 won't fit under the bezel of the TV like the Pro does. In fact...wtf, I forget why I even did that. I definitely have some space to push the TV back closer to the edge of the cabinet. Thanks dude.

Then I'll be able to fit two PS5s and two XSXs just like the picture. Imagine all the flops...

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Holy shit, whoa! That's crazy cool. Yeah, looks like the PS5 won't fit under the bezel of the TV like the Pro does. In fact...wtf, I forget why I even did that. I definitely have some space to push the TV back closer to the edge of the cabinet. Thanks dude.

Then I'll be able to fit two PS5s and two XSXs just like the picture. Imagine all the flops...
Glad to help ;) and lol yeah so many flops.. just wanna add, that PS4 pro is beautiful.

boi

Nov 1, 2017
Do we know what ports it has? I'm curious why they don't show the back of the system...

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine the console being this ugly and STILL sounding like a jet engine.
Thing better be dead silent to deserve this monstrosity of a shape and size.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Were PS4 designers fired?
PS4 is a tight machine, but Cerny [and arguably the rest of Sony] knows that the PS4's solution to heat dispersion is far from ideal. Drastic measures had to be taken to improve in that regard. I'm playing Spider-Man right now and the Pro is a jet engine, it's crazy.

I'd take a larger console that has proper heat management and therefor is whisper quiet over a smaller and [much] louder box anytime.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 is a tight machine, but Cerny [and arguably the rest of Sony] knows that the PS4's solution to heat dispersion is far from ideal. Drastic measures had to be taken to improve in that regard. I'm playing Spider-Man right now and the Pro is a jet engine, it's crazy.

I'd take a larger console that has proper heat management and therefor is whisper quiet over a smaller and [much] louder box anytime.
Kinda crazy MS went big with the Xbox One to avoid 360 RROD and now Sony went big with PS5 because of load fan noises of PS4 haha

gamer forever

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
At least they are learning from their mistakes. Mafia 3 is so loud and the last of us 2 isn't the best. I can still hear it with my headphones on max.

I don't think sony had much of a choice because their internals would have blown apart with a compact single fan. The dual fan setup of the ps5 will help.

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
Digital looks better standing and the physical looks better horizontal. Very excited to put this in my living room, it'll look great.

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So, the question that's been on my mind: Bigger or smaller than the ORIGINAL Xbox.

Is that still the king of phat (Only beat by the Emperor of phat, the Atari 5200). As we might have a new king.

Edit: changed the wording a bit so it didn't seem like body shaming. Sorry for that, only realized it when I read it back.

Last edited:

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

cLlet1Z.jpg

Thanks for this.. lets me see perspective. A PS5 vertically on the left is the best for me.

Bios

Dec 28, 2019
posted this into another thread, but it's a good fit in here as well:

Interesting article about the design of the PS5 written by a german industrial designer:
www.gamestar.de

Design-Analyse: Was Sony mit dem neuen Look der PS5 erreichen will

Sonys PlayStation 5 sieht anders aus die Xbox Series X. Ein Design-Experte bewertet den Look der Next-Gen-Konsole: Top oder Flop? Und was steckt dahinter?

it's a german article and there are many special wordings, so I don't know if a google translation makes sense.
Anyway, Enjoy :)

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is the best look we've seen at what the console looks horizontally so far...

7hBNQxC.png

Looks pretty nice tbh.

Nov 1, 2017
I have to say i think it's some sort of extraordinary feat of design magnificence that they managed to create a console where the disk version looks worse standing up but better on it's side and visa versa. It's as if they got M.C. Escher to create it.