• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Escalario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So: months late port, same buying price as the release of other versions, digital only, and the only exclusive feature seems to be laggy af. This is a definite pass.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Easier to do the special moves via touchscreen or joypad ??
Hard to tell.

It sounded like a good idea in a pitch but in reality the gamepad might be easier and preferred. Game was designed for gamepad so touch controls could be kinda lame tack on thing like motion was on the Wii port.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So: months late port, same buying price as the release of other versions, digital only, and the only exclusive feature seems to be laggy af. This is a definite pass.

It's 20 bucks man. I don't know what you can expect them to do on the price.

It's still a bargin for the size of the game.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

lol
you are trying a bit too hard here. If you dont need/want Okami on Switch thats cool....but lets not act like this isnt pretty much what everyone was asking for and expecting.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
20 bucks for a months late HD version port of a game that came out over a decade ago is still too much.

Thats not how it works. The game costs 20 on every other system and porting a game isnt free.
Did you expect them to sell the witch release for 5 bucks when the other versions are 20 ?

Incredible how cheap some gamers can be...if its too much for you wait for a sale.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
Wow... That's really laggy. Sucks for the people that waited for this port.

Thats not how it works. The game costs 20 on every other system and porting a game isnt free.
Did you expect them to sell the witch release for 5 bucks when the other versions are 20 ?

Incredible how cheap some gamers can be...if its too much for you wait for a sale.

Try being pro-consumer for once.

Plum

May 31, 2018
That delay is horrible, it's making me think twice about buying this game on Switch as I can just as easily play the game on PS4 right now.

Lets hope that Capcom doesn't blame Switch owners for not buying a shoddy port like this... though who am I kidding, of course they will.

EDIT: Actually, after watching the footage again it really doesn't seem to bad and has a reason for existing. I take the above words back.

Last edited:

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
$19.99 is an amazing value for Okami at any time. It's one of the few Gen 6 games that still holds up well today.

And if the touchscreen seems too "laggy" for you just use the traditional controls.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
Doesn't look nearly as laggy as I thought it'd be based on these comments. I guess I always assume touch controls for something like this wouldn't be 100% smooth.

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Will finally play this game once this comes out. Can't wait.

I'll just play with traditional controls if the lag remains.

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I should really play this, grabbed the 4K version from a sale but haven't touched it yet. Although I should probably tackle BotW first lol.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't look nearly as laggy as I thought it'd be based on these comments. I guess I always assume touch controls for something like this wouldn't be 100% smooth.
Motion and analog controls weren't exactly ideal either in previous versions tbh. Even with the slight delay I bet touchscreen will still be the best control option.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Okami. The greatest Zelda game trilogy ever made.

Touch painting controls look like they're still limited to the analog stick painting speed. I feel like I'm going to miss the Wiimote quick painting, but maybe accuracy will be better.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Being pro consumer means living in a fantasy world now ?

It's ridiculous. Regardless of when it was released or how late the port is, Okami is a not only an excellent game but an absolutely gargantuan one. $20 is an a very solid price for what's on offer.

And for most of the commands I'm seeing in that video the lag isn't bad at all?

Escalario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What console wars thing was in that? You're complaining about price when it literally has been the same $20 price every single time. Why the hell would this be any different?

Why did you bring the PS3 version in a thread about the Switch version? There's only one reason, and that's console warring. But knowing your posting history, it's obvious you get mad every single time something Switch-related isn't treated as the best things since sliced bread.

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People complaining about a fantastic game being $20? I'm really about done with this place.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Why did you bring the PS3 version in a thread about the Switch version? There's only one reason, and that's console warring. But knowing your posting history, it's obvious you get mad every single time something Switch-related isn't treated as the best things since sliced bread.

Every version of Okami HD has been $20. That includes the PS3 one (the first, which is probably why they mentioned it), the PS4 one, the Xbox One... one, and the PC one. If you're gonna be paranoid about console wars then surely making it an issue only when the Switch version is $20 is very much that?

Oct 25, 2017
It's building off your reply on Tropical Freeze. You played it on Wii U already so you don't care about what the price is of the switch version or the switch version in general. Why complain about this specific port on its price if there was a previous version of this game already exist and the subsequent ports of it were also the same price.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Okami. The greatest Zelda game trilogy ever made.

Touch painting controls look like they're still limited to the analog stick painting speed. I feel like I'm going to miss the Wiimote quick painting, but maybe accuracy will be better.
Yes I remember the PS2 analog controls being relatively slow too, intentionally so as to simulate using a brush. Is the HD remaster faster or something, based on everyone's comments I assume it is?

Wii IR was quick but accuracy was all over the place and drawing recognition was totally borked by RAD. I remember it being impossible to 100% that version because of it. Was Move accuracy better?