• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Billdrew

Apr 8, 2019
Love the look of the game in general, but not a fan of Sophia or Alice's design really

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like one of the best Musou's since Hyrule Warriors! Now I just gotta figure out if I want it on my PS4 or Switch...

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
After initially being a bit bummed at what P5S ended up being, P5R being a bit meh has changed my attention to P5S completely. It coming to Switch is just an extra bonus.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
So you don't just go round fighting a thousand jobbers then?
You get into instanced battles with groups of demons.

This sounds like a much different game to the average Musou.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I swear Sophia uses the exact same animations as Lana from Hyrule Warriors

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Wow, I was expecting this to be a Musuo with a Persona skin but they're really going above and beyond with this one.

This looks fantastic, I can't wait.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The new-ish ending to Royal sets up Strikers. Kasumi and you know who have to be in this and I don´t even mean as DLC.
P5S has the unused setting of P5 due to being about a road trip around Japan so Atlus is using the whole buffalo with this entry.

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they don't want to spoil Sumire yet.
I would very much spoiler that please the game just came out in Japan.

dont see any Kasumi in P5S. could be likely this game is actually a direct sequel to vanilla P5 itself. maybe
They showed footage of Royal in the livestream during the character introduction and the producer said the new girl Sophia is "like Jose" one of the new characters in Royal.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I remember feeling so salty that Strikers turned out to be a musou game but I'm glad to see it looking a lot more like a traditional action RPG.

The new-ish ending to Royal sets up Strikers. Kasumi and you know who have to be in this and I don´t even mean as DLC.
P5S has the unused setting of P5 due to being about a road trip around Japan so Atlus is using the whole buffalo with this entry.

By "you know who" do you mean Akechi? I seriously hope Atlus has a spine to stick to killing off Akechi instead of letting him live. It sends a terrible message that no matter what you do, if you're hot it's okay.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I have a bridge to sell to you Velezcora. Look up who the most popular P5 "confidant" member is in Japan. I get it. I really get it and even agree but Royal´s new canon... well.
giphy.gif

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember feeling so salty that Strikers turned out to be a musou game but I'm glad to see it looking a lot more like a traditional action RPG.

By "you know who" do you mean Akechi? I seriously hope Atlus has a spine to stick to killing off Akechi instead of letting him live. It sends a terrible message that no matter what you do, if you're hot it's okay.
One of Royal endings hints he's alive.

Velezcora

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I have a bridge to sell to you Velezcora. Look up who the most popular P5 "confidant" member is in Japan. I get it. I really get it and even agree but Royal´s new canon... well.
giphy.gif

That sounds like a great deal, I will buy your bridge, sir! lol
Nah I know it's inevitable I just.. for my own sanity.. have to believe Atlus won't...

One of Royal endings hints he's alive.

...oh no... oh nooooooooooo....

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more excited for this than Royal, which I wasn't expecting earlier this year.

The gameplay is very musou, but the added elements from P5 make it stand out WAY more than the added elements in other game-based musous like Fire Emblem Warriors.

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The name Sophia raises so many implications.
Sophia is the mother of Yaldabaoth.

Velezcora

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I at least hope I can play this without needing to play Royal. I just have 0 interest in going through P5 again but more store is up my alley.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I would have been happy if Scramble was a standard Musou with a Person skin but I'm glad they're going all out and making it much more than that.

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I at least hope I can play this without needing to play Royal. I just have 0 interest in going through P5 again but more store is up my alley.
Royal leaves some threads open that makes me believe it'll have some kind of continuation, whether that'll be here or another game I don't know. If nothing else I expect it to get some DLC characters.

If nothing else you can just catch what you missed on youtube.

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Oh snap OP. You just cracked the story of P5S. Did you major in Gnosticism or are you just a fan of FF, Eva and co. The stuff I learned from J-RPGs.
I'm sorry is the attitude necessary? I saw someone bring it up when the name Sophie first leaked, I don't believe I acted like any sort of know it all so I don't see why this is needed.

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I praised you Gold Arsene. Not a fan of anime and 90s to mid-00s J-RPGS? Those Xeno games really went for it.
There was even more building to Scramble in Royal than I realized. The added 15 hours in the 3rd semester are the busiest thing on earth. Scramble is a direct sequel to Royal, no way around it.

Sorry it just came across as sarcastic. There's still a lot of debate in other places about whether it's a sequel to Royal or Vanilla so I hope it's confirmed soon. (Though I obviously want it continued from Royal.)

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Everything but the new character designs look amazing in this, it's kind of suspicious actually.

Jun 11, 2019
Don't care much for Sophia so far, atleast aesthetic wise

I do like Alice tho, mostly cause I know what they're going for with her design

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Hopefully the title is much more than a Musou game and the Switch version runs well enough.

I wish I could pretend P5R doesn't exist though.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017

Oh hey Makoto and Haru are in college.

Yeah, I'm gonna need a Switch. Fuck.

If they somehow use this as an excuse to not make them playable, heads will fly... I know, no reason to believe so yet, just random paranoia... but still.

Why even suggest this? It makes absolutely no sense and there's absolutely nothing to indicate this will be the case. It's like some of you make an extra effort to go out of your way and find things to complain about.

Edit: wait, that video says that you get a bonus if you have a save file of P5 on your PS4? How does that work?