Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Launch day - Spider-Man, Sackboy, Demon's Souls and Bugsnax.

2021 - Destruction All-Stars, Ratchet & Clank, Returnal, GT7, Horizon: Forbidden West and God of War: Ragnarok

I know there is a possibility of delays but damn that is a hell of a 1st year lineup and that's not even counting other 3rd party stuff !

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
That is absolutely ridiculous. Like we have known about the first year games for a while, but just seeing the list again: hot damn.

I hope all the games do well, because that's a lot in a year.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
So we could expect

H1 2021 :
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Returnal
  • Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
  • Destruction AllStars

H2 2021 :
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • God of War Ragnarok

Pretty bonkers year 1 if this is happening , but won't they be shooting everything at once? (I don't know how many studios they have)

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Great commercial. Looking forward to almost all of these games. The "new worlds" angle can't help but crack me up when there's one new IP vs 4 sequels and a remake.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
This could end up being the best first year of a console ever if even most of these games come out. Wow.

Oct 27, 2017
My guess would be

DAS - Feb (we know)
Ratchet - March (launch window)
Returnal - April
GT7 - May or June

Horizon 2 - September
GOW - late October or November
FF16 - late November or December

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
So we could expect

H1 2021 :
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Returnal
  • Destruction AllStars

H2 2021 :
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • God of War Ragnarok

INSANITY. And this isn't even including other exclusives like Kena, Deathloop, Ghostwire: Tokyo and Guilty Gear Strive. PS5 is going to ridiculous in 2021.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
So good. Obviously I'm excited for my XSX tomorrow but I'd be lying if I said Thursday wasn't the day I'm REALLY looking forward to.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
So we could expect

H1 2021 :
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Returnal
  • Destruction AllStars

H2 2021 :
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • God of War Ragnarok

GT7 in the first half of the year is amazing. If Ragnarok actually releases next year then Imagine its November and horizon will be August or September at the latest.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I forsee there not being enough PS5's for everyone who wants one for some time, even with Sony producing more PS5's than they did PS4's.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Pretty bonkers year 1 if this is happening , but won't they be shooting everything at once? (I don't know how many studios they have)
Two of these games are developed by second-party (Lucid Games and Housemarque) and another is made by Insomniac. Santa Monica, Guerrilla, and Polyphony Digital are three of at least twelve of their internal development studios.

Guerrilla has another game in development, Naughty Dog has another multiplayer project that was meant for TLOU PII but spun off into a standalone game, Bend Studio is working on a Days Gone sequel, San Diego Studio has a rumored project developed by a second team, Insomniac has Spider-Man 2 that's undoubtedly in ongoing production, and all of this is not accounting for third-party exclusives such as Final Fantasy 16 and second-party games published by Sony.

So yeah, Sony has a solid stream of content production that could likely increase if they acquire more studios.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
There's a couple of things to keep in mind. Yes it does seem that they would be releasing many things at once. But they also have a few studios and possibly partnerships waiting.

Japan studio is sure to have a project/collaboration in 2022, Bend will be on 3 years of development of a sequel by then, and then there are wild cards for third part exclusives like FFXVI which help fill the lineup. And Sony just said they have grown WWS. I don't think it's impossible that you see a AAA game out of a studio that you're seeing release a game right now or in the last year.

Leonine

Sep 19, 2020
2021 is going to be a great year for PS5 owners if these titles don't hit delays. Absolutely loaded with bangers.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon AND God of War in 2021? There's absolutely no fucking way. That would be insane.
Yup, can't wait.

Sony's 1st Party output is getting too crazy.

They just created a full trailer with god knows how many games coming out on their platforms...right after releasing TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima, Dreams, etc.

And we're probably still getting FFXVI, God of War, etc in 2021.

Crazy!
Yep :)

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do we know what Japan Studio is up to? Certainly not just Astro's Playroom and DeS alongside Bluepoint.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i havent bought a gran turismo since 4

impressions on the dualsense controller alone has me wanting to play the new GT

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
INSANITY. And this isn't even including other exclusives like Kena, Deathloop, Ghostwire: Tokyo and Guilty Gear Strive. PS5 is going to ridiculous in 2021.

Yeah, it's a pretty insane list of console exclusives within the first year. Many of those will appear on other platforms some months after tho.

Astro's Playroom
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Marvel's Spider-Man: Remastered
Demon's Souls
Sackboy: A Big Adventure
Bugsnax
The Pathless
Godfall
Gran Turismo 7
Returnal
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
Destruction AllStars