• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Do I wanna know about said drama?
Hahaha, well it's kind very "highschool" even though the people involved are all late 20s to early 30s, so it has a bit (or a lot??) of stupid associated with it.

It's not to do with the game itself that I know of, but just one of the prominent contributing artists has a history of stirring up bad blood with other indie artists.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
What are the options for a CPU controlled partner?

I realised a few years ago that I only enjoy beat-em-ups if I'm not playing them solo. An A.I. partner helps a lot, because otherwise the enemy only has one target. The Streets of Rage remake with a CPU partner was the best time I had with that game.

I'm very interested in this game but I must admit that I never got into River City Ransom. Any tips? I never know what I should be doing with the shop items, and this was part of what killed Scott Pilgrim for me too.

I hope this game picks up the series a bit!!

bxsonic

Oct 30, 2017
Looks fantastic. Although I'm not sure if it's something I should play with my 3 year old. Lol. This looks really fun in co-op.

Bastables

Dec 3, 2017
No I was completely unaware as to why people played Beat Em Ups since I've definitely never played Guardian Heroes, Streets of Rage 2 and TMNT4.

How salacious and wicked of me to ponder whether my money should immediately leap into the hands of a game that will last me a whole two hours!
Streets of rage 2 average 2 to 3 or so hrs. https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=9258

Main story of Guardian Hero was 1 and a half hrs https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=4146

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
I hope this game inspires them to do more outside the usual chibi style of the series.

It may or it may not. I can say I've seen a lot of Japanese comments questioning the art style and whether it's a "real" Kunio-kun game, not to say that they don't like it in and of itself.

I think we're only ever going to get more non-standard Kunio games through licensing deals like this one, ASW cranks these games out like they're nothing.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It may or it may not. I can say I've seen a lot of Japanese comments questioning the art style and whether it's a "real" Kunio-kun game, not to say that they don't like it in and of itself.

I think we're only ever going to get more non-standard Kunio games through licensing deals like this one, ASW cranks these games out like they're nothing.
I mean even just a River City Girls 2 would be nice.

Bastables

Dec 3, 2017
60 USD when we were kids 30 or so years ago with all the inflation that has occurred over that time.

I remember leaving school during lunch and interval with mates to pump 20cent pieces into Double dragon and buy meat pies. We had issues getting past the first level for over 2 years. I now learn in my doatage a game that was essentially infinite in length is actully doable on the switch single player in about an hr. These types games have always been "short" inspire of our lack of ability as small children in the 80s/90s.

Last edited:

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
60 USD when we were kids 30 or so years ago with all the inflation that has occurred over that time.

I remember leaving school during lunch and interval with mates to pump 20cent pieces into Double dragon and buy meat pies. We had issues getting past the first level for over 2 years. I now learn in my doatage a game that was essentially infinite in length is actully doable on the switch single player in about an hr. These types games have always been "short" inspire of our lack of ability as small children in the 80s/90s.

fyi

OP
OP
twothunder

twothunder

Feb 10, 2018
because this thread already had some animations. might as well re-use it for these

Seems Kyoko has taken over the japanese arc system works twitter and had been posting more new animations

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
I would actually prefer a 2 hour beat em up opposed to a 10+ hour beat em up rpg. I don't know if I would spend $40 on it though.

Oct 26, 2017

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna enjoy this anf SoR4 so much. 2019 the year of beat'em up. Who would have imagined it!

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
twothunder

twothunder

Feb 10, 2018

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
Damnit I wasn't going to buy anything except maybe the goose game this month but these animations are just too good.

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
Really excited for this. Always loved beat em ups. Anyone have gameplay footage of someone pkaying who actually knows what their doing?

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
whos making this game?

The OG developers or same western team that made the last river ransom?

Also, game play looks a bit slow... hopefully theres a tubo mode?