• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
https://www.dualshockers.com/sea-thieves-news-game-awards/

If you're wondering when we'll hear something new about Sea of Thieves, the answer is "very soon," as shared today by Xbox Games Marketing General Manager Aaron Greenberg during Microsoft's Extra Life marathon on Mixer.

Greenberg mentioned that he "definitely encourages people to tune-in for The Game Awards" as there will be "some more news on Sea of Thieves there."

Also worth noting that today is their last alpha test they're doing according to Rare. After today, no more alpha testing.

CORRECTION: If you signed up for the alpha by the deadline of December 1, you will be invited to future alpha tests until the end of the year. If not, you won't be able to participate in future testing.

Last edited:

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
All about the beta. I'm expecting an open beta announced here, or at E3.

I can't see there being an open beta. They just closed sign ups for the alpha yesterday and said all those who signed up by the deadline will be getting in the alpha and they're prepping for release "early 2018".

The news is likely the release date in February or March.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Also worth noting that today is their last alpha test they're doing according to Rare. After today, no more alpha testing.
Not strictly "today". They closed the subscriptions yesterday and they'll be doing the last alpha test by the end of the year, opening it to everyone who subscribed and adding new features.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I can't see there being an open beta. They just closed sign ups for the alpha yesterday and said all those who signed up by the deadline will be getting in the alpha and they're prepping for release "early 2018".

The OP says the last alpha test is today. So are we getting invites or what? I signed up at E3 and no invite.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Yeah they're still doing alpha tests, OP is wrong. They just assured that anyone who signed up by yesterday will get to play before the year is done.

Deschain

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping they are going to announce a whole bunch of new features because what's been in the Alpha has already worn very thin on me.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nice! I am thirsty for info on this. One of my most-anticipated games rn.

Hindle

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Early Feb would be a lot sooner then I thought. Always had it down for November 2018

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
cMkCKlf.jpg

bdf.gif

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I had heard that the final biggest alpha test full of features was December 2 but it's later this month. That is why the misinformation.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I'm hoping they are going to announce a whole bunch of new features because what's been in the Alpha has already worn very thin on me.

Being a shared world and all that, Rare has spoken about updates to the game as time goes on. Stuff like being able to be a pirate hunter to hunt down more nefarious pirates, or players, for rewards. Or not even be a pirate and choose to be a merchant and sail the merchant routes while forking gold for some protection.

Deschain

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Being a shared world and all that, Rare has spoken about updates to the game as time goes on. Stuff like being able to be a pirate hunter to hunt down more nefarious pirates, or players, for rewards. Or not even be a pirate and choose to be a merchant and sail the merchant routes while forking gold for some protection.

Yeah, I'm just hoping they are holding a lot of stuff back from the Alpha because if it releases in it's current state I don't see what the 'hook' is.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Joe Neate just posted the Insider report for November. Great things to happen in December!

Progress systems, the biggest update to the game to date and release date is imminent. I won't spoil too much as I respect Joe very much and he wants to have these things exclusive to Insiders first - give it a read if you are an Insider for Sea of Thieves.

So damn excited!

giphy.gif

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Really excited to play this one. Hopefully a release date announced.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Joe Neate just posted the Insider report for November. Great things to happen in December!

Progress systems, the biggest update to the game to date and release date is imminent. I won't spoil too much as I respect Joe very much and he wants to have these things exclusive to Insiders first - give it a read if you are an Insider for Sea of Thieves.

So damn excited!

giphy.gif

Oh damn I missed this. Just read it...

...yeah, next week and December is gonna be goooood!

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Oh damn I missed this. Just read it...

...yeah, next week and December is gonna be goooood!
Yes, sooo damn good! I'm just so fucking happy to finally play a game again that completely nailed the Rare charm.

Since my very first play session in December 2016 and observing the sun going down on the horizon while the music plays and the ocean waves clash onto my ship I knew ... Sea of Thieves will be something very unique and magical.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Yes, sooo damn good! I'm just so fucking happy to finally play a game again that completely nailed the Rare charm.

We need a ERA crew or group because I'm not on my Xbox much except to play the alpha and it's hard when randoms don't use mics. Perhaps a specific Sea of Thieves thread for the alpha, sharing tags and just general discussion is in order from someone? lol

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been following the game since its rumors before E3 announcement...part of the first wave of alpha players back in December...This has been a long time coming, one hell of a ride.
tenor.gif

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We need a ERA crew or group because I'm not on my Xbox much except to play the alpha and it's hard when randoms don't use mics. Perhaps a specific Sea of Thieves thread for the alpha, sharing tags and just general discussion is in order from someone? lol
One will probably be made closer to release. Are you not in the Sea of Thieves Alpha club on xbox?

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has to be a Banjo or Conker cameo
The amount of times we have wished for that...The next project has to be in progress already...please for the love of the gods be Banjo Kazooie...

(Should note Craig Duncan already said they wont revisit old IP's unless they can bring something new to them, not saying it means its not happening but yeah...please.)

Hindle

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The amount of times we have wished for that...The next project has to be in progress already...please for the love of the gods be Banjo Kazooie...

(Should note Craig Duncan already said they wont revisit old IP's unless they can bring something new to them, not saying it means its not happening but yeah...please.)

My theory on that is that they won't just make a sequel that plays like the originals.

More, take influence from Nintendo who change Mario with every game.