• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Im legit shocked that they havent shown Female Byleth. At this point I even forgot that there is a male version

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Sakurai said there won't be a female Byleth Amiibo, at least the subtitles did in the French video.

Oct 26, 2017
They said they can't make F. Byleth for some reason. Might be a budget limit? Likely why we only got DQ11 Hero and inevitably Steve only.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Also, confirmed Minecraft amiibo.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't bought an amiibo in ages but you better believe I'm getting Banjo.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
That jiggy base on Banjo's *chef kiss*

Can't wait to buy that one and Terry. Shame there's no female Byleth, I would've bought one for her.

Oct 26, 2017
That jiggy base on Banjo's *chef kiss*

Can't wait to buy that one and Terry. Shame there's no female Byleth, I would've bought one for her.
The jiggy was a masterful idea. I personally wish they used his "name card" pose from the trailer for the art and amiibo. I knew they'd have a stand due to the pose, but this was the coolest way to work around that.

banjo-kazooiessbuapkym.png

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They said they can't make F. Byleth for some reason. Might be a budget limit? Likely why we only got DQ11 Hero and inevitably Steve only.

Those are third party licenses, I can at least get why they wouldn't be all encompassing.

Fucking Corrin got two amiibos though, there's no way F.Byleth wouldn't have been worth making too.

Oct 26, 2017
Banjo-Kazooie is literally "pre-order the second they go live" for me. Literally my most wanted amiibo ever. I've waited so long for this! :D

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I really wish they'd stop doing "male is default" for Fire Emblem characters...

Anyway, Banjo looks great, as expected.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really really really hope they go back and make female Byleth. I didn't think they'd unveil 3 amiibo. I thought it'd be B-K and Terry and then the next presentation would unveil male and female Byleth together.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
To think this could've been an Edelgard amiibo in another, better reality.

But that BK one is mine as soon as it goes up.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I'm so getting that dope Terry amiibo.
The texture of his clothes are so good, and while amiibo all looks really good since quite some year now, I still find that the human's faces are meh (which is fair, little head, so you can't make it look really good given that amiibo are still fairly low budget for how good they are), but Terry with his pose and hat kinda hide his face so he'll look really good.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Whaaaat, they aren't making a femByleth? That's very disappointing :( She's the only version of the character I play in both Smash and Three Houses.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
I'm shocked they chose M!Byleth. Do they have data on who was chosen more often or is this another case where "male is default"? I rarely see any male Byleth mentions, which is why this seems weird. I even played as him and I still thought, "Him?

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Im legit shocked that they havent shown Female Byleth. At this point I even forgot that there is a male version
I'm sure by now you've seen the first reply that addressed this, right? There isn't going to be a Female Byleth amiibo.

Was it? I missed it...

It'll be cool if so :D (And the best selling amiibo ever)
They don't need to "confirm" this (but yes, Sakurai explicitly said this in the video). They will make amiibo for every single DLC fighter. There was never any doubt about that once they started.

Dustlander

Dec 25, 2017
Brazil
Since their designs are so simplistic and both characters being massively popular, I think there's a decent chance that Steve and Alex will share a single Amiibo. Kinda like how Mr. Game & Watch came with some different poses to make up for his simple 2D look.

Fighter-steve-alex.png

The official site is already promoting both of them together. It also does it with Byleth, but with their more complex character designs it'd be impossible for them both to be on the same Amiibo.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Since their designs are so simplistic and both characters being massively popular, I think there's a decent chance that Steve and Alex will share a single Amiibo. Kinda like how Mr. Game & Watch came with some different poses to make up for his simple 2D look.

Fighter-steve-alex.png

The official site is already promoting both of them together. It also does it with Byleth, but with their more complex character designs it'd be impossible for them both to be on the same Amiibo.
that would give the impression they're a double-character fighter, like Ice Climbers. It's just gonna be steve with a pickaxe or something

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure by now you've seen the first reply that addressed this, right? There isn't going to be a Female Byleth amiibo.

They don't need to "confirm" this (but yes, Sakurai explicitly said this in the video). They will make amiibo for every single DLC fighter. There was never any doubt about that once they started.
That's cool, thanks :D

Fighter-steve-alex.png

They are gonna be heavy as an amiibo :U
Or are amiibo hollow? 🤔

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Male Bylethe for me. But I'm surprised...no female Bylthe, I thought it was a lock.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
It'd be nice if they made Steve and Alex as a single amiibo similar to ice climbers, since the figure would be literally the simplest one yet if not. Even with G&W they made different poses to justify the price.

Here's BK's Totaku figure for comparison:

banjokazooietotaku8hkgz.png
Yeah, I saw this one for cheap once but decided to wait for the smash one instead.

Dustlander

Dec 25, 2017
Brazil
that would give the impression they're a double-character fighter, like Ice Climbers. It's just gonna be steve with a pickaxe or something

Maybe if they aren't both in the same stand, they both come in the box and you can replace one with the other in the stand, I think that's what happened with Mr. Game & Watch.