• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All forms of cooking are illegal so it doesn't matter how you do it

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
I usually just notch the butter along the line and then unwrap and cut it with a butter knife. Mostly cause I'm lazy and don't want to waste a bigger/sharper knife on just butter.
A US stick of butter can be easily notched in half to get 2 x 4 T, then again, to get 4 x 2 T, then again to get 8 x 1 T. I've never cut through wax paper in 25 years of cooking because this bisect rule is to trivial to apply to subsections of the stick.

Deleted member 32005

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
heres a cooking tip: when referring to recipes, instead of looking at the amounts, look at the ratios. much easier to adjust on the fly. (same with cocktails) though by the looks of your dish you probably arent a total noob. also, my advice does not apply to baking.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
damn wish my stick butter was marked like that

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Im definitely no pro, but I do eyeball almost everything when cooking lol. I cook by taste most of the time.

This is the way to go, sure you can follow "recipes" to the letter, but you spend so much time measuring instead of cooking, extra dishes to clean as well.

Live a little OP, embrace the art side of cooking instead of the lab rats measuring everything to the gram. Make sure to experiment abit and throw random ingredients in as well that sound good, you'll come up with some amazing dishes(then never be able to recreate them cause you didn't measure anything but life is fleeting yo).

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Get a butter crock (one that you store in water) and you'll have perfect spreadable butter 24/7. Just change the water out every 2-3 days.
Some other tips I live by:

-It's OK to use Dish soap on cast iron. Modern soaps don't use lye which was the agent that caused issues before. But still season it every so often.

-Don't put oil in your pasta water, it just coats the noodle and makes it hard for sauces to cling to. 1000% salt the water though.

-Use 1/4 tsp of baking soda to reduce tomato sauce acidity. Perfect for chilis, soups, or anything else needing tomato sauce.

-Store your condiments in the pull out drawer of your fridge, and produce in the door. Honestly it's the best thing I've done with my food storage. You'll be more inclined to use them, sauces take up less fridge space, and the air circulation will be better for your produce to not get moldy and gross. I haven't had to throw away a moldy bag of lettuce since.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
I dont like cutting through the wrapping. I am consuming enough plastic etc. As it is. I prefer brands that have the weight inside of the wrapping.

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
ZEInroB.jpg

I did it. It was all worth it
Looks tasty! Got a dairy free option?

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Legal? lmao. Man, sometimes ResetEra really makes me laugh. Came in this thread expecting Hannibal or something.