• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Goddamn, this dude's voice is fucking iconic.

I feel like Sam Lake must get a hard-on every time he does a line reading, that's why they keep hiring this gem of an actor.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great. Creepy as fuck, but great.

Reminds me of Annihilation for some reason.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Looks amazing, I really like their engine. This is up there with RE2 as one of my most anticipated games for 2019.

Oct 25, 2017
Earlier footage made me feel like this was a bit more in the vein of Quantum Break, but this trailer looks straight up horror and a lot more Alan Wake to me.

Oct 25, 2017

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Really, really looking forward to this.

QB did a lot right but whiffed on some major aspects. What I've seen from Control gives me hope they're going to improve substantially on these weak points, which, coupled with the strengths of QB, would result in a really great game.

NewDonkStrong

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Title made me think of this

18j3h1di06j1yjpg.jpg

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Very cool but kinda overhypes it for me because it's just shoot bang Quantum Break with style?

Hope I'm wrong.

Ghil

Oct 27, 2017
A little SCP, a little House of Leaves. I've loved every game they've put out so far, especially Alan Wake, so I can't wait for their next outing.

Oct 25, 2017
Very cool but kinda overhypes it for me because it's just shoot bang Quantum Break with style?

Hope I'm wrong.

I'm all in with full knowledge of that. It helps I missed out on Quantum Break and Alan Wake because of the exclusivity.

Honestly I haven't played through a linear narratively driven game in what feels like a long time so I'm totally ready to get sucked in.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
awesome trailer. i love remedy, but i have to say this is the first thing thats really grabbed me from control. bought time we got at least a tease into the storytelling.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, what the fuck is happening. How are people thinking this is new over and over again?
This game has no attention at all. I keep overseeing it all the time. This will probably be one of the biggest sleeper hits of next year. It looks fantastic, but I don't know if it's really suited for the mass market. Somehow reminds me of PREY - I don't know why.

OP
OP
NTGYK

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
wait where does the max Payne inner monologue dead baby zone fit in to all this.

Is there evidence in the games or is it just said to fuck with the fans?

Valkyr takes you on a nightmarish psychedelic trip through The Dark Place.

Monarch is a subsidiary company to Aesir that managed to survive the destruction of the Aesir corporation in 2001. Valkyr was a designer drug engineered based on the experiences of a scientist in the 90s visiting Bright Falls, Washington. Some of the things seen by that scientist inspired the work of Monarch a decade and a half later.

It all comes down to nightmarish twisting of reality, whether in dreams, through the scientific or the supernatural.

latest

latest

Max_Payne_%2528PC%2529_Replay_08.jpg

FlyStarJay

Jan 7, 2018
cool story trailer. i believe its a 3rd person shooter right? i doubt the story would come out well in the game

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Arthur Morgan's VA is right at the level, but I still think McCaffrey's work in Max Payne 3 is the best in the genre

Status
Not open for further replies.