• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Check Threadmarks for more updates ! (Click here)
Threadmark 1: First print run edition with TBA reversible cover art
Threadmark 2: New features displayed in the trailer
Threadmark 3: New art from Isamu Kamikokuryo
Threadmark 4: Switch icon & Preload up
Threadmark 5: Potential backport of the new features happening
___

Official Description & Features listed
FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE improves upon the classic FINAL FANTASY XII, now more beautiful and easier to play than ever. The high-definition remaster introduces several modern advancements, including reconstructed battle design and a revamped job system.

• License Reset Function: By talking to Clan Centurio's leader Montblanc in Rabanastre, players can reset and change their party member's jobs, allowing them to customize the jobs of their party as desired.
  • Additional Gambit Sets: Gambits allow players to customize their party's AI. Players can now create three unique sets, allowing players to switch between sets for different situations, such as map exploration or boss fights.
  • Improved "New Game+": Allows users to start the game with party members at level 90 and carry over some items like weapons, magic and gils obtained during previous playthroughs.
  • Specific to Xbox One X: Supports 60fps
Source

Trailer

Size
  • 50GB on Steam
  • 40.56GB on PS4
  • 26GB on Xbox One
  • 13GB on Switch, apparently no additional download required (for now)
New official art
br7t3rc95qi21hjjsj.jpg

Edit 2: If you want to check out what the game is about, the trailer linked below are much better. The new trailer doesn't make sense for someone who hasn't played the game

Last edited:

Thoraxes

Oct 25, 2017
Gehenna
As long as they don't spring a mandatory download on us for the Switch version, I'm in for this. Glad we're getting that cover too.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still miffed at the suggestion that Square Enix really is going to keep this new content exclusive to the latest ports for no good reason. First Dragon Quest XI, and now, potentially, this.

It just seems money grubby, anti-consumer and obnoxious. We live in an age of patches, there's no excuse.

e1it3g4m3r

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
Cool, might pick up on Xbox. Any word on if the physical will need to connect to internet to play or is one of those install and done games?

h3ro

Oct 28, 2017
Job Reset and 60fps is probably going to get me to rebuy on Xbox One X. I've only gone mid way through on my Ps4 Pro play through so I don't mind restarting.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I'll wait to see how the performance for XBX actually turns out. If it's a good improvement I'll ditch my PS4 copy for that.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still miffed at the suggestion that Square Enix really is going to keep this new content exclusive to the latest ports for no good reason. First Dragon Quest XI, and now, potentially, this.

It just seems money grubby, anti-consumer and obnoxious. We live in an age of patches, there's no excuse.

It's almost like a business wants you to spend twice as much money on a product.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
But can you switch between all THREE OSTs like in the PS4 version??

edit: nevermind it's probably there, the steam version also has it. Rip PS4/PC version.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow I feel like an idiot for buying this on PS4

But Job Reset and item carryover is enough for me to triple dip can actually play through the game and expirement with multiple builds on the same playthrough.

Guess I'll just sell my ps4 version.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Guess I'm picking this up for switch since I don't have an XB1X. Wanted an opportunity to replay this game and now I got a vastly improved version of it over the PS2 original.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
tempting to double dip for the job resets and 60fps on the X. (never finished my PS4 playthrough).

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I guess i'll Finally buy this game on Switch. Also I'm guessing they still haven't patched IX's music bug?

New features displayed in the trailer
OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
You can change boards by talking to Montblanc, no fees apparently.
qsdfsqfqsdfmhkep.png

3 sets of gambits you can change to in the menu
sdfgswcv4wjp0.png

You apparently carry over everything in NG+, here's the first boss getting blasted
zefdsqwwxcvy8k6y.png

OMG they NEED to add a patch for 60fps on PS4 PRO and PC.

It's already 60 FPS on PC, but yeah on PS4 Pro would be nice.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
So, if my favourite Final Fantasy game is IX becuase of characters, story, music and world (and same stuff why I love games like XBC2) will I like this game?
Ive heard terrible things about the later part of the game, about it not feeling finished becuase the original director died, but at the same time every time I see images or a trailer it feels interesting.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I was super deadset on the switch version for portability but 60fps on One X? That's really fucking tempting.

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Already platinum'd it on PS4 and bought the PC version recently, but I'll buy it again on Switch because it's that good.

Oct 27, 2017
While it doesn't offer the flexibility of the original, kudos to Square for addressing one of my main criticisms of locking you into jobs. Will definitely be purchasing on Xbox.

Martl

Oct 30, 2017
Austria
Hopefully this updates also coming to existing remastered versions. With DQ11 now the second SE game in a row where buying first means getting the worse version.