E_i

Oct 27, 2017
The storm turned southward overnight, so we in Jersey are supposed to get more.

BRsomebody

Oct 28, 2017
Doylestown, PA
Thank god I saw this - It's supposed to rain all night and turn into snow outside Philly for 4-7 inches. I contemplated using PTO today but I guess it's a good thing I didn't lmao

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Snow is an issue for me, gotta keep the sidewalk clear as well as ensure my car doesn't accumulate niches of snow.

Full breakdown of the Snowstorm from Mayor Adam as of 12PM
OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

View: https://twitter.com/NYCMayor/status/1757090648966955336
- Light rain tonight, transitoning into snow in the night
- 5-8 inches expected as of right now, we could get more as the storm continues to shift
- low visibility, high wind gusts
- Two feet of flooding expected along coast lines
- Slippery road expected
- Strongly suggesting for folks to stay home, if you have to go out please only use public transportation
- all relevant city agencies have been activated
- Plows are ready to go as of right now
- Public schools closed, remote learning has been activated
- Code BLUE has been issued for unsheltered New Yorkers
GGJyJS2WEAAp2W9

Last edited:

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I was wondering about this. I really wanted to come in tomorrow to finish up some work but the KoP area was pretty stingy with the plowing/salt for the last snowstorm so I might just take the L. Plus my house will likely get all of the upper tier wind lol

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
On a side note, because of the shift to school from home due to the pandemic, are schools expected to do remote classes when they get closed due to snow days? Just wondering how these things are handled these days now that I'm boring working adult lol

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I guess it's time for the yearly snow day, where we go all winter with barely any snow, only to get dumped on hard once and never snow for the rest of the season.

Over the past few years, we've barely had a winter ass winter in the NYC/Long Island area.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I'm expecting rain and rain only tomorrow.

Weather man in NY is always wrong. Source: Living here 39 years.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
On a side note, because of the shift to school from home due to the pandemic, are schools expected to do remote classes when they get closed due to snow days? Just wondering how these things are handled these days now that I'm boring working adult lol

I think snow days are a thing of the past if my nieces are any indication. It's just a "remote day" now.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
And the DOE is having "system wide issues" for remote learning. Nice. Some real snow would have at least been cool.

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Banned
Sep 13, 2022
Not even in NY anymore and saw nothing but angry Travis Kelce memes over the last 24 hours about getting the bread and milk.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Be on alert, East Coast! Some snow is falling in Detroit. It is a coming!

We were only supposed to get flurries on Thursday.

EDIT: looks at map - oh, it is already there. Well, take these leftovers.

Last edited:

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Philly suburbs gang. Lost a tree because of how wet this snow is.
Great snow for being a kid.
Bad snow for being a homeowner!

Oct 27, 2017
Got about 4in so far out here on LI. Was really hoping I wouldnt have to break out the snowblower this year for the 2nd year in a row. Oh well :/

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the NYC DOE is all about remote now.
I get the learning loss stuff, but remote learning is not the answer. It's been proven to be terrible, so why double down?

Also, NYC public schools rarely shut down schools for snow anyway. I grew up in the system. Snow days were super rare. It was a running joke growing up. Inches of snow but no snow day called unless it was the rare blizzard. Again, it was a running joke. We would lament it.

I saw parents commenting Threads that they told their kids to just take off lol. Even they thought it was stupid.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm up in Westchester and we have at least 6 inches atm, probably more. More than I was expecting for sure.

Oct 27, 2017
We went from 1-2 inches predicted here in Philly last night to 4-8 this morning, seems the rain turned to snow a few hours earlier than they thought

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like this storm will be more of a dudd for us in worcester county. Was looking like 12-18", 48 hours ago, and then in the last day it seemed to all move south for the most part. I'm not complaining, we just finally had all of the snow finish melting last week and I'm relieved about it.

Hoping it's just 4-6" and clean up will be easy.

Our collective employers are sucking the joy out of what used to be mental health days. It's not great.

Thankfully in MA and my city the kids still have proper snow days and I don't need to do remote learning for them during the day, so that's at least a little easier.

I think snow days for parents always sucked, which explains why my mom would be pissed as we were all celebrating as kids

I was wondering about this. I really wanted to come in tomorrow to finish up some work but the KoP area was pretty stingy with the plowing/salt for the last snowstorm so I might just take the L. Plus my house will likely get all of the upper tier wind lol

around here in MA it's all still snow days. Remote learning was mostly of a failure here for students and teachers, and it'd be even less effective if you have 2-3 remote days a year, nobody would be ready or know how to connect and it'll be aa shit show. It took 2-3 weeks to get streamlined bck in 2020, and everybody was focused on streamlining it. Now it's been 1-2 years and the process isn't as streamlined for teachers or students.

I think they'd only do remote learning days if we had over 6+ snow days and were hitting up against the limits of late release in summer. I think like June 22nd is the last day the schools can be open or something around here, with the normal day being June 15.

Beefsquid

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Philly suburbs, just measured 6 inches. It's wet and heavy too, the trees are looking rough. I think I'll have to branches to be cleaning up later.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I'm honestly kinda surprised it's still falling at a steady clip here near Phoenixville. I thought it was just drifting from the wind but nope. I'm not sure it will add much to the total accumulation but I hear the wind sometimes too (this is somewhat normal for me since we're at the top of a hill) so I'm not really bothering to do a ton of shoveling. I'm glad we stocked up last night. I forgot one or two things but we will be fine.

Culex

Oct 29, 2017
I'm at probably 12+ inches here in CT, still coming down! I actually cannot believe the forecast was correct.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I get the learning loss stuff, but remote learning is not the answer. It's been proven to be terrible, so why double down?

Also, NYC public schools rarely shut down schools for snow anyway. I grew up in the system. Snow days were super rare. It was a running joke growing up. Inches of snow but no snow day called unless it was the rare blizzard. Again, it was a running joke. We would lament it.

I saw parents commenting Threads that they told their kids to just take off lol. Even they thought it was stupid.
I grew up in the system too, it's why I know how dumb this is. None of the kids are going to show, they're all taking the day off. Basically the teachers have had to make a lesson plan for nothing and teach it to the handful that do show because I guarantee that APs and Principals will be popping into zoom calls to make sure they aren't just chilling.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly kinda surprised it's still falling at a steady clip here near Phoenixville. I thought it was just drifting from the wind but nope. I'm not sure it will add much to the total accumulation but I hear the wind sometimes too (this is somewhat normal for me since we're at the top of a hill) so I'm not really bothering to do a ton of shoveling. I'm glad we stocked up last night. I forgot one or two things but we will be fine.
We're in Devon, seems to have all but stopped now. I haven't measured but it looks like we got about 5-6 inches.