sazz

Aug 3, 2020
London, UK
so excited, huge shame that I won't be able to watch it in the cinema though, the first one was one of my favourite cinema experiences

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I've read the Pendergast series so I'm going to guess that blanc "dies" in this one

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the other idea of having him use a totally different accent in each film, likewise with no explanation. Rian Johnson tweeted that the idea actually did cross their minds when they were in early planning on Glass Onion.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I could watch Daniel Craig be charming and funny for the rest of my life.

K5YWjRo.jpeg

I love this movie and him in it
Funny Craig is def great.

Sure why not.

Now please set it in another time period and just have Benoit Blanc be there with no explanation.

thanks rian
Yeah I;d love this too now xD

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I can only rewatch Poirot and Columbo so many times so keep giving me more of these

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Very excited for this. I liked Knives Out a lot and I LOVED Glass Onion, so they are 2 for 2 on here. Can't wait to see more.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the plot of the next movie will be someone attempting to kill Benoit Blanc, who becomes legally dead for like a minute, before getting brought back to life by the paramedics, and the movie is centered around him trying to find who tried to kill him.

It's certainly possible. I also like the idea of the movie being about someone who everyone THOUGHT was murdered very publicly shows up alive but with no memory of the incident and it's about piecing together what actually happened when the victim doesn't know what happened to them.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Hopefully it's better than Glass Onion, which I just found incredibly grating and sloppy. I know I'm in the minority there but it was a near total whiff.

Feb 16, 2022
Can't wait. Glass Onion fixed what few problems I had with Knives Out, and was an even better movie than I expected. Johnson knows how to cook.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
I'm convinced more people would've loved Glass Onion had they had a chance to see it in a theater. S-tier experience, was absolutely NOT the same watching it on Netflix later on. That film was BUILT around audience laughter and reactions.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I think people's problems with Glass Onion is that it's so different in tone and style than Knives Out, it's not what people were "expecting", therefore it's "bad".

It's also a lot better on second viewing, and I imagine most of those people never gave it a second chance.

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
Glass Onion was IMO a great sequel so if Rian does this one well, it'll be a hell of a trilogy!

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on board with the wacky idea for Benoit Blanc to appear the same in all these different time periods. Then I want Rian to reveal it's set in the same universe as Looper.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As long as Rian Johnson and Daniel Craig are willing to make these every handful of years and they continue to be good, I'll keep watching. We need a modern Sherlock Holmes or Poirot and Benoit Blanc fits the bill perfectly.

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
Loved Knives Out. Thought Glass Onion was just ok.

But, look, there just aren't that many whodunnit movies being made these days (read: basically none).

So echoing everyone else here saying that I'm here for these as long as they want to keep making them. Rian Johnson at his worst is still better than most.

It's a win for everyone. I'm sure he and Craig are happy to keep collecting that Netflix money, too.

Dec 30, 2020
If we can't go full Muppets I at least want Gonzo as a member of the cast completely unremarked-upon. He can be a bell boy or just in the background or be on a Zoom call.
Oh no no, if Gonzo's there I want him to simply be a regular member of the main cast, sitting there in the denouement with the others as Blanc does the wrap up, casually getting asked pointed questions.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Oh I'm absolutely in for these. Both movies so far are fun and self-contained little whodunnits with a subversive twist and cultural caricature, and that's a style that doesn't easily wear out so long as the releases are paced well enough. At this point I'm fine going into this one completely sight unseen, just to see what sort of contextual twist Johnson can wring out again.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Oh no no, if Gonzo's there I want him to simply be a regular member of the main cast, sitting there in the denouement with the others as Blanc does the wrap up, casually getting asked pointed questions.

Alternately, Gonzo is still a suspect but is noted as being a past friend of Blanc, alluding to this being one of several mysteries they've found themselves entangled in.