Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Next one will take 10 years.

Hopefully next project they already go after EoZ. Want to see Goku with his teal gi and SSJ Pan.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I can bring myself to care about another three-year wait for another movie. They really gotta get their production pipeline fixed so they can continue the series (and not adapt the Moro arc from the manga).

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I just said that it'd return yesterday, I mean it's common sense given they've setup sequels with this Superhero movie. Should be dope.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I don't think I can bring myself to care about another three-year wait for another movie. They really gotta get their production pipeline fixed so they can continue the series (and not adapt the Moro arc from the manga).

In that same interview they confirmed they see the anime as a separate timeline from the manga and used the events up to Broly as their only reference

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
"Somehow Evil Buu returns"

Bring Cell back you cowards!

The only major villain to not have any kind of revival or nod toward. We have Frieza and Majin Buu running around being friends with the Z warriors but Cell is somehow still dead. The English dub reminded me of evil Frasier/Niles and I would love to have that again.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Bring Cell back you cowards!

The only major villain to not have any kind of revival or nod toward. We have Frieza and Majin Buu running around being friends with the Z warriors but Cell is somehow still dead. The English dub reminded me of evil Frasier/Niles and I would love to have that again.

You need to watch

The latest movie lol - though it's kinda not him still

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
I do not understand why people want the anime back asap
Do you want random nonsensical comical filler with with low to mid quality animation and the occasional good animation during critical arc moments (Moro and Granola by that point)?
The manga only has Moro and Granola arcs after ToP
Give it some more time to grow, or do yall want Boruto 2.0?

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Do you want random nonsensical comical filler?
honestly i'll take anything, and anything they give will be better than Boruto

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
honestly i'll take anything, and anything they give will be better than Boruto
Actually, yeah even if we get more manga arcs, the anime will still have filler, and i want it back badly too
I just think it should come back after we have like 3-4 serious arcs, and definitely not after just 2

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Do you want random nonsensical comical filler with with low to mid quality animation and the occasional good animation during critical arc moments (Moro and Granola by that point)?
The manga sucks ass, so I'd want the anime to return and do it's own thing, whatever it may be

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni

I'll take both of those.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Next movie should just readapt End of Z and do a story right after it. By the time this new project airs it'll be a decade of the Super brand.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Yea what's the deal with that? Is there any particular why they suddenly pulled the plug and started exclusively making movies?
Super's production schedule was a complete disaster. As to why they haven't brought it back yet, probably because they have so many projects, but that doesn't mean we won't get a new season at some point. Most of Super's staff has been on Dragon Quest Dai the past few years, but that's ending in a few months so who knows.

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
What's up with Japanese current obsession with anime movies? It feels like most big name animes are being released just as movies, Dragon ball, Gundam, etc. Since they're just movies, most don't come to any streaming platforms which makes it very difficult for me to watch them.

Oct 26, 2017
California
I'm interested in starting a binge of DB in my spare time. Should I just go with DBZ Kai? Or does the (OG) DB series need to be watched? What would I follow Kai up with?

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I hope they adopt non-manga stuff because the last two manga arcs of Moro and Granolah have been terrible.

viral

Oct 25, 2017

DBS only had 3 arcs if you don't count the movie retellings, so they could absolutely make a new anime with Broly retelling and the manga arcs if they wanted to. But it also doesn't really matter where the manga is, I'm guessing they're gonna ignore it if they ever continue the anime and just go with Toriyama's outlines.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
What's up with Japanese current obsession with anime movies? It feels like most big name animes are being released just as movies, Dragon ball, Gundam, etc. Since they're just movies, most don't come to any streaming platforms which makes it very difficult for me to watch them.

They make a shit load of money, and are relatively easier to produce than entire seasons.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
If we waited on the manga to grow it'd take like ten years to get a few more arcs. The pacing is slow as hell. I want the anime back and I think they should ignore the manga because it is bad anyway.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
So this and Broly were in development at the same time? I didn't realize this was 5 years in development.

But I wonder how much of that was Toriyama just taking his time at the beginning.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
If they do the anime they've got at least 5 arcs to draw from.

- Broly
- Moro
- Granolah
- Superhero
- Whatever comes after Granolah given it'll end this year

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017

This shit isn't exactly Game of Thrones

Dragonball also has an almighty reset button with the dragon balls so they don't have to worry too much about ruining whatever Toriyama has planned. I don't think it's too impossible for someone to write a decent half to full season of "filler" that ends back at the status quo (which is where most of Dragonball ends anyway).

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited: