• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I dont know about you guys ,but after playing blood brone and DS3 I came to conclusion that next gen DS needs extra fun. Me going through the world and just killing AI over and over feels lifeless .
The world feels so dead after 20 hours or so, No legit cut sence makes it feel like a cheap game honestly. And Im not even asking about GoW or TLoU level of Cenimatic ,just little to spice things up . I wanna see those Big bosses we encounter have some cool cut sence like eating people or whatever makes them scary to really spice the battle . Also I really really hate that silent protagonist . Like come on this isnt pokemon game. The world really feels dead for me after grinding hours of play and only hearing monster sounds . It does make the game cheap imo.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I do want more boss cutscenes. Theyre always really cool (ignoring dark souls 2).

I don't want a voiced protagonist though or many cutscenes besides boss ones.

Llazy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You missed the point of souls, it supposed to feel dead. It adds to the atmosphere a bleakness they were going for

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
An argument can be made for more cutscenes and world building in Souls games but this definitely isn't that argument.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hard "No" from me. The Souls games are excellent at defying industry trends at every corner, and I love them for it.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What a terrible opinion.

You want bosses eating people to make them "scary"?What the hell did i even read?

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
No thanks, Dark Souls is all about the gameplay keep the heavy cutscenes on other games. You totally missed the point of the series.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
I think the best way to make DS more 'cinematic'
is to try and minimize the UI/HUD as much as possible and prioritize frame rate when developing the game

That's what cinematic is to me, it's more of an immersion thing than a cutscene thing

Jan 10, 2018
I'd rather see them update the battle system and rpg elements. But sure, the series has come far enough not to try some new story directions.

Vazra

Oct 26, 2017
Terrible idea. You can add more to the cutscenes of boss fights and certain events being told by NPCs but keep the protagonist silent and the narrative as simplistic as it is.

Deleted member 7450

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
46f.jpg

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
The only thing they should take from GoW is the better hit reactions. I don't know if that is feasible when you have to animate for several different weapons though.

Oct 25, 2017
The boss cutscenes in The Old Hunters were excellent. I'd definitely welcome more like those in a theoretical Dark Souls IV.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
This thread doesn't seem to have been made in good faith. Please put more thought into your topics next time so that it can generate worthwhile discussion. See the FAQ:

Show some effort: It's wonderful that you want to start a discussion, but being the Original Poster carries some responsibility to start things off on the right foot.​

Status
Not open for further replies.