• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Wow just saw about Barnett. I had no idea it was that serious - man this season is setting up to be worse than last year with all the injuries.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I fell asleep during the game, woke up too see the Eli QB sneak and turned my TV off, gonna need a new coach in 2 years, Mara fucked up again..

squicken

Oct 27, 2017
AHEM
6hHJ.gif

He'd have to have Theilen's first half to make it worth it.

Are you saying Saban is like Putin where he destroys his enemies? JFF and Kelly went crazy, and Watson has his ligaments and organs withering away

gspec

Oct 25, 2017

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
At this point with all the injuries and a 3-4 record, is it even worth it for the Eagles to make a drastic move or better to hold on to the 10 draft picks they have in 19?

Yes, they can win the NFCE but with all the guys out, they aren't in the same class as the Rams and Saints. They should see what they can do with what they have if they make the playoffs good if not then retool for next year.

OP
OP
Fantomex

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
2009 St. Louis Rams depth chart off the top of my head:

QB: Marc Bulger, Kyle Boller, Keith Null
WR: Donnie Avery, Brandon Gibson, Danny Amendola
RB: Steven Jackson, Kenneth Darby
O-line: Alex Barron, Adam Goldberg
D-line: Chris Long, Victor Adeyanju, Leonard Little

You were saying?

But was you with us in the Gym at 6 in the morning shooting free throws and talking bout Jeff Fisher?

tenor.gif

OP
OP
Fantomex

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
These are our Rams. We can all be friends. Sometimes I wish McVay would rest Goff, so Mannion can play and the NFL can realize how good Goff is. I agree that Mahomes is legit and the future, but it seems the NFL doesn't learn it's lesson with mobile quarterbacks and the aftermath after they get A) injured or B) Age. That's why I think the Texans should rest Watson and not risk it.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
2009 St. Louis Rams depth chart off the top of my head:

QB: Marc Bulger, Kyle Boller, Keith Null
WR: Donnie Avery, Brandon Gibson, Danny Amendola
RB: Steven Jackson, Kenneth Darby
O-line: Alex Barron, Adam Goldberg
D-line: Chris Long, Victor Adeyanju, Leonard Little

You were saying?

I'll never forget the three headed monster of Running Backs the 1976 Atlanta Falcons had. Off the top of my head Bubba Bean was the starter, but the backup Haskel Stanback was the more versatile player. I want to say he has more TD's and more receiving yards, but the Bean was always known on that team for his explosiveness so he probably had the highest average per carry. And Sonny Collins was basically a small step down from the Bean, but they were so similar. Ultimately I think it was Atlanta's offensive line that was the Star though, as their spry FB Mike Esposito was just as productive a runner.

It's been a while since I popped in the 1976 VHS recordings that my father passed down to me, but wasn't that the line that had Brent Adams, Larron Jackson, Jeff Van Note, Greg Kindle and Len Gotshalk? What a bulldozer of a line. It's a shame Note and Kindle missed a few games, I think three, the Falcons were really close to doing something special that season. They even had the beast of a punter John James! Pro Bowler.

That was just off the cuff though, but then I'm probably one of the top Falcons fans on this board though. At least too 25.

EDIT: I'm embarrassed. Note and Kindle missed four games. Maybe I'm not the fan I thought I was.

OP
OP
Fantomex

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never forget the three headed monster of Running Backs the 1976 Atlanta Falcons had. Off the top of my head Bubba Bean was the starter, but the backup Haskel Stanback was the more versatile player. I want to say he has more TD's and more receiving yards, but the Bean was always known on that team for his explosiveness so he probably had the highest average per carry. And Sonny Collins was basically a small step down from the Bean, but they were so similar. Ultimately I think it was Atlanta's offensive line that was the Star though, as their spry FB Mike Esposito was just as productive a runner.

It's been a while since I popped in the 1976 VHS recordings that my father passed down to me, but wasn't that the line that had Brent Adams, Larron Jackson, Jeff Van Note, Greg Kindle and Len Gotshalk? What a bulldozer of a line. It's a shame Note and Kindle missed a few games, I think three, the Falcons were really close to doing something special that season. They even had the beast of a punter John James! Pro Bowler.

That was just off the cuff though, but then I'm probably one of the top Falcons fans on this board though. At least too 25.

EDIT: I'm embarrassed. Note and Kindle missed four games. Maybe I'm not the fan I thought I was.

But can you do the dirty bird?

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Tirico and Gruden were great together.
McDonough and Gruden were bad.
The current Monday Night crew is a fucking disaster

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
At this point with all the injuries and a 3-4 record, is it even worth it for the Eagles to make a drastic move or better to hold on to the 10 draft picks they have in 19?

Yes, they can win the NFCE but with all the guys out, they aren't in the same class as the Rams and Saints. They should see what they can do with what they have if they make the playoffs good if not then retool for next year.
This year is worse than last year. Yes we still have Wentz, but last year we lost our LT where we had a suitable replacement, our mlb which isn't super important in this defense and bradham was great, and sproles, which was bad but he was a role player. This year we're down two WRs, two RBs, FS, and now starting DE. Plus multiple injuries at CB, both tackles, and elsewhere. Couple that with the Panthers loss and I'm ready to throw in the towel and regroup for next season. I'd try to go on a run with who we have but I don't see it happening between the injuries and lack of execution. Rather not give up picks for a short term player unless it's someone like pat Peterson who will be here a bit

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia

Welcome friend. Be sure to stick around. RBH has shrimp cocktails and wine.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Better than our current CB2, Ken "Pass intereference" Crawley.

Edit: According to PFF, Apple is ranked #38 amongst all CBs.

Crawley's #105.
Eli Apple's primary issue coming into the league was PI's. He has great speed and size but I feel he's also a guy who avoids contact and when the circumstances are down, he's a quitter (see Rams-Giants game last year) and a sideline problem (remember the whole Landon Collins stuff?). I thought he improved under the new regime but I guess they felt, hey lets get something for him rather than outright releasing him in the off-season.

futurevoid, I love Snacks but with his knees having problems I'm not banking on him awfully long. The defense has a lot of holes to fill next season; I suppose we can say the same about the offense.

Theduce22

Banned
Nov 14, 2017

Get in and anything can happen. No one expected nick foles to enter god mode and win us a Superbowl. Too early to give up on the season. Not like we are the only team who will lose guys either.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

Welcome!

More Falcons fans on this board is always a good thing

Been a fan since the Jerry Glanville days

jerry-glanville-166bf242-3cdf-4482-a640-0860414c939-resize-750.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.