• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who will NOT be in the top 10 selected.

• Caleb Williams

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Marvin Harrison

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Malik Nabers

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Joe Alt

Votes: 10 6.2%
  • Rome Odunze

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Brock Bowers

Votes: 126 77.8%

• Total voters

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I'm still holding on to a small conspiracist thought that all the late JJ McCarthy smoke has been a series of lies by multiple GMs trying to con other teams into panicking and trading up for him, and that he actually ends up sliding further than expected.

More likely that some GM does turn out to be that stupid and he goes early though. It'll be a good early preview for which team is going to be looking in the top 5 picks for a new QB 2-3 years from now.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I'm talking about development and all that. The smart thing for the Patriots to do is get a haul and back out.

depends on their internal projections. If they like a QB they should take him if he's available. It's the most important position by a mile. "Lets trade down because we suck at developing QBs and will ruin him" is not really a thing teams are going to say or do, especially not when they've hired a new head coach and want to give him a chance.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Maye is a better fit with the Pats because they can sit him for a year behind briskett.

I think if any team pushes Maye to start immediately that he'll be out of the league before his second contract. He needs a year to sit and develop.

McCarthy can probably start, but he won't be amazing the first year even in the best situation. Best case he's a more careful Mac Jones in his first year.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Mr. Snead decides to stay at 19 or move up to grab Odunze. If we fall back and and get something nice for the haul I'll be happy with that but still want to stay in the first round. Taking a QB or trading out of the round would be the only way they can disappoint me today.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I think if any team pushes Maye to start immediately that he'll be out of the league before his second contract. He needs a year to sit and develop.

McCarthy can probably start, but he won't be amazing the first year even in the best situation. Best case he's a more careful Mac Jones in his first year.

Absolutely. I think he needs to sit and watch for most of the season. Same with McCarthy. I know there's pressure from fanbases to start early first round QBs sooner than later, but it pays to be patient with those guys so that they don't struggle right out of the gate.

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US

It's a long shot, but hope Daniels ends up falling instead of Maye. But if they don't believe in Maye/Daniels with #3 and decide to stick and pick someone else (like JJ), that's just bad management of the pick.

Either way, it's going to be interesting what kind of offer they end up getting as I don't think they even consider anything until they are on the clock (unless they get some stupid offer before the draft, which doesn't make sense since for any team trading up (ie Vikes/Giants) could get blindsided if Washington throws a wrench into the whole thing and drafts Maye in the end).

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Not sure what the pats do. One of the talking heads said the situation kinda sucks due to the power vacuum left by Bill with a like 3 higher ups sons having high level jobs/influence. Kraft and his son want to draft a QB. Another son of a higher up wants to trade back. The GM doesnt want to take a QB but may draft a QB to please Kraft since he has to re interview after the draft. There's another son of a higher up involved as well.

I heard that they want to change things from how they were done the past 20 + years, which means taking a QB high. Not trading back over and over and taking a more developmental guy. Kraft's son is heavily involved so let's see.

Yes they need a lot, all the teams picking at the top do, but QB is the most important. Makes sense to take Maye or JJ, whichever they like best, and then building around them.

Yeah, like at least Daboll has experience with building up a QB. Mayo though?

so....never draft a QB again?

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
my predictions for tonight:

6 QBs go in the first
first 4 picks are QBs
Pats stay...pat...and take Maye
Minn or NY moves up to take JJ
Jets move down, take a T, and Bowers goes to Indy

Raiders Penix
Broncos trade down and take Nix

Eagles take at least 2 Georgia players

Please don't draft JJ Pats.
jj-mccarthy-reveals-tom-bradys-help-during-natty-winning-v0-xlVBkLSlw7IdQWVLmbnWwMBZa-xkm8Y4O7kgc8AWQbM.jpg

OP
OP
Himynameischris
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is bored and has the time could they gather all the write ups in a single post? I don't think I'll have time to do until this weekend otherwise.

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
my predictions for tonight:

6 QBs go in the first
first 4 picks are QBs
Pats stay...pat...and take Maye
Minn or NY moves up to take JJ
Jets move down, take a T, and Bowers goes to Indy

Raiders Penix
Broncos trade down and take Nix

Eagles take at least 2 Georgia players
Who's the best Georgia defender eagles can draft? He's probably a lock.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Include me on the Commanders fan list plz Himynameischris
Wow, draft day is finally here! Been a fun but exhausting ride (tired of media talking about the Commanders top gold visits)
Just glad the day's finally here and we find out who our next franchise QB (fingers crossed) is gonna be at 2
Will be fine with either Daniels or Maye
2024 NFL Draft, the Washington Commanders select...
Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU

The new era starts now!... wait... ok, NOW! The DMV needs a QB to get behind RIGHT NOW, not someone who needs time to get ready (unless you really wanna try and sell the fanbase on Mariota). Despite all the noise, Top Golf and agent antics, I think they still take Daniels and look to try to recreate history (without the drama and injuries) from the last time they had the #2 pick. They need to make sure to protect him and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Commies trade back up in to the first for a tackle if Daniels is the pick here.
The new era starts... well, week 1... but it starts NOW!
🤔
Great writeup and pick, couldn't have written it any better myself

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Not too late to play for big prizes!

NFL Draft Prop Bets!

Honor system, score your own. Winner receives a free entry into the era pick 'em league! * I shamelessly stole some of these from FanDuel, altered some, and made some up!

QBs selected in the top 5 picks O/U 3.5
QBs selected in the first round O/U 5.5
Offensive players selected in the first round O/U 17.5
Pick of the first defensive player O/U 8.5
Offensive linemen selected in the first round O/U 9.5
Cornerbacks selected in the first round O/U 5.5
WRs selected in the first round O/U 6.5

Tiebreaker #1 - Who is the first defensive player selected?

Tiebreaker #2 - Who is the last player selected in the first round?

Striker

Oct 25, 2017

All these guys could flop/succeed. Always depended where they went. Like if Mahomes went to CHI with Nagy. Not nearly the same realm as Reid and their organization.

JJ only has started two years (Trubisky only started 13 games, so that comparison alone earlier is just stupid and lazy), and has some things to iron out. But if he went to MIN he'd do great. I feel any QB going to the Pats is likely to struggle at least early on. Lack of playmakers and Van Pelt/Mayo, you don't know what they're doing. The Giants have the offensive mind but still need a #1.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
All these guys could flop/succeed. Always depended where they went. Like if Mahomes went to CHI with Nagy. Not nearly the same realm as Reid and their organization.

JJ only has started two years (Trubisky only started 13 games, so that comparison alone earlier is just stupid and lazy), and has some things to iron out. But if he went to MIN he'd do great. I feel any QB going to the Pats is likely to struggle at least early on. Lack of playmakers and Van Pelt/Mayo, you don't know what they're doing. The Giants have the offensive mind but still need a #1.

I think that Maye, JJ or Penix would be in a better situation with the current Pats than Mac Jones was in his second and third years. I still feel bad for that kid.

bigosc

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody know what streaming platform the draft is going to be on? I'm stuck at work today?

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
I think that Maye, JJ or Penix would be in a better situation with the current Pats than Mac Jones was in his second and third years. I still feel bad for that kid.
Mac Jones has shown himself to be a whiny, dirty player, so I don't feel bad for him at all. He didn't get dealt a great hand, sure, but made little with what he was dealt.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
NFL Draft Prop Bets!

Honor system, score your own. Winner receives a free entry into the era pick 'em league! * I shamelessly stole some of these from FanDuel, altered some, and made some up!

QBs selected in the top 5 picks O/U 3.5
QBs selected in the first round O/U 5.5
Offensive players selected in the first round O/U 17.5
Pick of the first defensive player O/U 8.5
Offensive linemen selected in the first round O/U 9.5
Cornerbacks selected in the first round O/U 5.5
WRs selected in the first round O/U 6.5

Tiebreaker #1 - Who is the first defensive player selected?

Tiebreaker #2 - Who is the last player selected in the first round?

Over
Over
Over
Under
Under
Under
Under

Turner
Penix

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if anybody's warned Belichik about the main draft correspondent for Pat McAfee's show

www.youtube.com

The Best Of Mad Mel From The Pat McAfee Show 4th Annual Draft Spectacular

This is a conversation from The Pat McAfee Show LIVE from Noon-3PM EST Mon-Fri.Become a #McAfeeMafia member! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxcTeAKWJca6XyJ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4A3W7Kj-H8

Belichick was on the show last week and revealed that he and Pat have been friends for awhile now. He watches the show and Mad Mel is one of his favorite bits.

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
Mac Jones has shown himself to be a whiny, dirty player, so I don't feel bad for him at all. He didn't get dealt a great hand, sure, but made little with what he was dealt.

The whining is whatever, QBs can tend to do it, obviously would rather less of it, but the dirty play garbage turned me off to him. You're playing the most protected position on the field and pulling that, cmon man.