Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Rome Odunze

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Brock Bowers

Votes: 129 78.2%

• Total voters

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
  • 50) Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans)
  • 53) Philadelphia Eagles

omg-homer.gif

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
God damn Holmes is a drafting Wizard.
Downtown detroit was so much fun yesterday. So happy to see all these out of towners say how nice the city is. Listening to 200,000 people boo Godell and chant Jared Goff was a sight. Also saw Nick Saban, Bill Belich, and Pat McAfee.

Sounds fun! I always assume attending the draft would be boring as 99% of the time you are just waiting. Would you say its worth going to?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds fun! I always assume attending the draft would be boring as 99% of the time you are just waiting. Would you say its worth going to?
I'd say yeah, I went to the Vegas one and it was nuts as hell, I was there for the Davis pick and after my brother saw the Bills picks, we kinda hung around. It's basically the Super Bowl experience but it has the stage for the draft too.
Also went the next day too and we just bullshitted and left because it was Vegas, we had a lot to do per se until my brothers leg gave out.
20220429_120730.jpg

PatAndTheCat

Apr 1, 2024
Yeah. I didn't do any of the attractions (hoping to do the 40 yard dash today) but honestly the vibes are worth it. Just walking around the city shooting the shit with other teams. The Texans were the only team that I did not see a fan for. Lots of bears fans. I would say between the draft area + downtown area, there were at least 400,000 people in downtown detroit last night

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I'd say yeah, I went to the Vegas one and it was nuts as hell, I was there for the Davis pick and after my brother saw the Bills picks, we kinda hung around. It's basically the Super Bowl experience but it has the stage for the draft too.
Also went the next day too and we just bullshitted and left because it was Vegas, we had a lot to do per se until my brothers leg gave out.
20220429_120730.jpg

nice might go next time around.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Woke up this morning and still can't believe this league let Pat and Andy get their hands on Xavier Worthy....

LOL thank you Buffalo.

I'm on cloud 9...the Legion of Zoom is back...

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
Hoping NE trades down from 34, sounds like that is what they want to do any to accmulate more picks....while DeJean is a great fit, they can't go D with the state of the offense. And guessing the Bills go McConkey at 33. Guess they could go AD, but based on what keeps getting reported, sounds like there is something about AD that teams know about, but isn't known by the general public yet and that is why he is dropping.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
playing with Pat Mahomes all you have to do is beat your man down field and catch. As long as Worthy's hands are good he'll eat in that offense.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you think they could've traded back and still got Nix? The Raiders were right there behind us who also needed a QB and had Penix taken away from them, it's not unreasonable to assume the Raiders would've taken Nix at 13 if he was there. Falcons taking Penix took away our option to trade down imo
Let the Raiders take him…would have much preferred trading down and gambling on a Rattler. Nix is not an early first round QB talent.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
playing with Pat Mahomes all you have to do is beat your man down field and catch. As long as Worthy's hands are good he'll eat in that offense.

He's gotta be more than a deep threat, NFL teams all do a 2high shell, but I think his intermediate route running is fine enough. I can't see him having much value within the redzone at his size, however

You gotta think the Chiefs want him to put on about 15-20 lbs of muscle cuz 160 is light, ain't no way around it.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm hoping that the Patriots end up with a new offensive tackle and wide receiver today. Don't care how they go about getting them.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing stopping teams/the league from branding logos on Guardian Caps. You could actually do some really cool things with the texture of them.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
He's gotta be more than a deep threat, NFL teams all do a 2high shell, but I think his intermediate route running is fine enough. I can't see him having much value within the redzone at his size, however

You gotta think the Chiefs want him to put on about 15-20 lbs of muscle cuz 160 is light, ain't no way around it.

The first 3 plays in this vid work for me in the RZ...

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017

Running out the end of his own end zone once more.

It's just padding on the outside of the helmet. Absorbs contact and reduces head injuries. The big thing, imo, is that it doesn't let a player use their helmet as a weapon.

Iirc, one of the big negatives of them is that they wear out pretty quickly. At the pro level, they'll probably replace them pretty often.

I'm currently watching this video,

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CxRI0i5NZg

Oh that's interesting - taking it away as a weapon probably would help with a fair amount of injuries.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
I feel like all the analysts got calls from the Falcons and are defending the pick.

Night and day from yesterday.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I feel like all the analysts got calls from the Falcons and are defending the pick.

Night and day from yesterday.
I'm seeing a few people just rip both the Falcons and the other analysts. Mina was flat out calling this stupid and Stephen A was clapping her for it. It's a totally different situation with Love and Rodgers, and even then you could argue that was the wrong call.

People are blatantly trying to talk themselves into this making sense and also you have insiders/organizational people calling defending themselves.

Also some people feel bad for ripping Penix on what should be a happy day for him.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Penix is fine if any other team had taken him around that spot (rumors were Raiders were very high on him at 13) it'd be a fine pick. The issue is taking him when you are gonna have to sit him for at least 2 years. It's not an indictment on Penix. Atlanta taking any QB in that spot would be dumb.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017

So the comment from Veach yesterday was that they plan for him to add 10-15 pounds. He's got the frame for it, and he's only 20, so it shouldn't be a problem. Tank Dell and Devonta Smith have already been successful at 170 and below, Hollywood Brown as well, and of course Reid managed the same with Desean Jackson years ago. You can only get away with so much press against that kind of speed anyway.

Putting him in motion will help as well of course.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Penix is fine if any other team had taken him around that spot (rumors were Raiders were very high on him at 13) it'd be a fine pick. The issue is taking him when you are gonna have to sit him for at least 2 years. It's not an indictment on Penix. Atlanta taking any QB in that spot would be dumb.
I love Dan O arguing that people wouldn't be complaining if they had the 2nd overall pick and had chosen Jayden D. Just flat out stupid shit.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Byron Murphy was right there. God gave them a gift after correctly passing on Jalen Carter last season. Being a fan of a stupid front office must be suffering.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

they tried to do what the Eagles tried to do with Wentz/Hurts. at least Hurts was a 2nd rd pick and pretty young.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Let the Raiders take him…would have much preferred trading down and gambling on a Rattler. Nix is not an early first round QB talent.
He's who Peyton wanted after evaluating them all way more thoroughly than you have. Simple as that. Their fates are now linked.

12 is also not early first round, there was 5 QBs picked earlier.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I love Dan O arguing that people wouldn't be complaining if they had the 2nd overall pick and had chosen Jayden D. Just flat out stupid shit.

If they had wound up with the number 2 overall pick in what most everyone was expecting to be a QB heavy draft, they would not have signed Cousins. Thats what most people are critical of. It's not that Penix is bad, it's that the whole thing reeks of poor planning and poor asset management. The only way Michael Penix is going to have any impact on the Falcons in the next 2 years is if Kirk Cousins is either injured or terrible, which would both be pretty disastrous results considering what they paid him.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
It is, at best, a confusing tactic for Atlanta to go with, and while normally letting a rookie QB sit for a year or two to develop before starting isn't an awful idea, Penix is one of the few in this class who probably already has the age and experience to not really need that. Like others have said, in any best case scenario the Falcons either just made a top 10 pick that they won't actually be using, or just wasted an awful lot of money on an aged franchise QB. About the only way this works out is if at some point in the next two to three years, Atlanta makes a Super Bowl run that involves Kirk being the starting QB for most of the year, getting injured, and Penix comes in and leads the team the rest of the way without missing a beat. And that is a very specific scenario requiring a major injury to your most expensive asset.

On the other hand, I do very much appreciate the irony of Kirk being drafted just two rounds after Washington took RG3 back in the day, so he has already kinda played the role of Penix and came out on top. Neither Cousins nor Penix can feel great about the arrangement though when both had designs on being worthwhile starting QBs this season.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
dont worry, after cousins tears his acl and then penix knees blow up again, atl will be picking another qb next year at #7 or something