• Rome Odunze

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Brock Bowers

Votes: 131 78.0%

• Total voters

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Simms has been harsh on Hurts (not that I disagree with some of his thoughts on Hurts) so he seems to be overdoing it by complimenting the Eagles in other areas.

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Chris Simms said he'd take Devonta Smith over CeeDee Lamb. That's insane right?
Idk if it's completely insane. It would depend on who you have on the other side. CeeDee had a crazy year but he's also the only good offensive option on his team. Depending on the situation, Devonta is like 4th or 5th on his team because they're so stacked.

I think Devonta could put up 1500/15td seasons in the right offense. They're both Tier 2 receivers, assuming JJ is alone in tier 1.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017

I genuinely like both, I think CeeDee is the better NFL WR, but I don't think it's crazy. Devonta Smith might fit better in the Eagles offense where you want a WR to respond to a QB that can make plays in the backfield and prolong a play. ALthough we haven't really seen CeeDee Lamb in that kind of offense, especially as Dak ages and matures, so hard to say how he would be. I see CeeDee as more of a set route runner, establishes separation and goes out and gets the ball, and Smith as someone who can break off his route and come back to the ball but isn't naturally a top high point receiver on set routes. I think CeeDee fits in more offenses across the league as a more traditional X and Devonta fits the Y as an accompanying piece.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
How many head coaches have successfully chosen more than one great qb*? Payton didn't even draft Brees.

Andy Reid
Joe Gibbs
Bill Parcells?

Chosen, as in drafted? Kinda hard, there aren't a lot of young coaches who are allowed to pick their QBs in the draft, and then you kinda need that QB to fail in order for you to have an opportunity to pick one later in your career. Reid got it because he drafted McNabb, the bona fide top QB in the draft as soon as he Reid came to Philly, and then got Mahomes, which I think you can give him credit for.

Joe Gibbs won super bowls with multiple QBs, and while Theismann was a top QB for a couple years until he got hurt, Doug WIlliams and Mark Rypien weren't *great* QBs, unless we're really stretching the definition of great. Gibbs ran a rush-first, smash mouth offense, and found pieces that fit.

*edit* he also didn't draft Williams or Theismann. Just realized this going thru his draft history.

Gibb's drafted QBs:
  • Tom Flick
  • Phil Kessel
  • Bob Holly
  • Babe Laufenberg
  • Jay Shroeder
  • Mark Rypien
  • Stan Humprhies
  • Cary Conklin
  • Chris Hakel
  • Jason Campbell
  • Jordan Palmer
Some of these guys don't even have ProFootballReference pages :D

Parcells didn't draft Phil Simms, he did draft Bledsoe in 93, and he didn't draft Romo, Romo was a undrafted free agent, although I guess that could count, but I dunno, Romo didn't even play for his first 2 years in the league.

Last edited:

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
I would take Lamb the player just cause of his size, but I'd rather Smith be an Eagle. He's small, but keeps making plays.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017

Chris Simms had Roman Wilson as his fifth best receiver in the draft and put him on the same tier as Rome Odunze, so I'm going to choose to assume he has insight into the wide receiver position that we are all just lacking.

NearingZero

Jul 1, 2020
Idk if it's completely insane. It would depend on who you have on the other side. CeeDee had a crazy year but he's also the only good offensive option on his team. Depending on the situation, Devonta is like 4th or 5th on his team because they're so stacked.

I think Devonta could put up 1500/15td seasons in the right offense. They're both Tier 2 receivers, assuming JJ is alone in tier 1.
Lamb has a slightly higher catch % and yards per target than Devonta last year and over the past 3 years. Which is made more impressive by the volume (opponents knew he was the main weapon).

With the Eagles locking Smith up for another few years before some big name guys reset the market, maybe you could argue he'll provide better contract value than what you think Lamb's extension will be.

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
It's just nice having two WRs potentially better than Dallllllas's #1, and their #1 is elite.

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
This is honestly my favorite rookie class in a while for the Eagles. I miss having an elite defense.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this combined with the reckless driving and nearly killing innocent people will be enough to suspend him for the season or at least a good chunk of it.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Idk how he hasn't been on self-imposed house arrest after the hit and run. What an idiot to even continue putting himself in these environments
McAfee has talked about how players from not so great upbringings coming off their rookie season in the NFL can easily end up in bad spots. It's their first chance to take a breath and enjoy the fruits of their labor, they go back home rich, are surrounded by leeches and bad influences they were insulated away from. Every year there's at least one rookie who goes back home and gets into trouble, looks like this year Rashee is the one.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
www.pro-football-reference.com

Kansas City Chiefs at Cincinnati Bengals - January 2nd, 2022 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Kansas City Chiefs 31 at Cincinnati Bengals 34 on January 2nd, 2022 - Full team and player stats and box score

Allen has played phenomenal in the BUF/KC games too.
Yeah, I remember seeing a tweet last season that Allen has 3 out of the top 4 performances against the Chiefs in the playoffs since Mahomes has been there, yet he got no wins.